Considering becoming a model builder again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 07:30 AM
RE: Considering becoming a model builder again.
(03-12-2015 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Nice!

I am just so bored and own so many unmade models. Plus it may help me control my writing.

Those are really well-done builds. Thumbsup
And the photos are superb.

Some of your kits may be worth more in-the-box than built, especially if they've been discontinued. Consider

True, but to save space I chucked the actual boxes and have them in large plastic containers. I should take a photo of them in the daylight tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words. Smile

I built an F18 for the squadron leader of an RAAF squadron on its 75th birthday. Perfectly matched it to the photos I was given. I think there may be one photo of it but I have no scanner.

I built a really nice RAAF Spitfire MkVIII too.

The RAAF is the world's second oldest air force to the RAF. So I built and sold loads of Aussie subject. But no photos.

I'd actually like to build an SU 27 or Mig 29. But I think I will start with something really easy.

Here's an SU 27 and a Mig 29. I think they are great looking planes. SU 27 in the foreground.

[Image: photo_69068.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 08:08 AM
I'm not really into the "scale" part of it -- because mine fly......

The last really cool one I did was a "stand off" scale (meaning it looks like the subject, in flight) of an SR-71.

It was a vacation madman project. That is -- it went from a drawing on a napkin to a flying model - in 7 days - scratch built.

It was combination balsa/graphite tubing/kevlar threading and mylar covering.

2 K+B .25 ducted fan engines with fuel pumps and tuned pipes - running conventional props. Mechanical retract landing gear with steerable front.

Fast as shit -- Actual speeds over 200 mph. 4 foot wing span, 6 foot long. About 7 lbs. LOUD!!! 130 db measured at 6 feet.

It scared the shit out of people. Nobody else at the flying field would stay in the air when they heard it start up.

It survived a dozen or so flights, till an equipment problem -- a faulty switch mount --- cause the radio to shut off after takeoff. It flew unguided for almost 1/2 a mile before augering in at full power. It buried half of the nose in the ground so deep we couldn't pull it out. It broke both engines and the radio.......

Spectacular....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-12-2015, 08:11 AM
(03-12-2015 08:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm not really into the "scale" part of it -- because mine fly......

The last really cool one I did was a "stand off" scale (meaning it looks like the subject, in flight) of an SR-71.

It was a vacation madman project. That is -- it went from a drawing on a napkin to a flying model - in 7 days - scratch built.

2 K+B .25 ducted fan engines with fuel pumps and tuned pipes - running conventional props. Mechanical retract landing gear with steerable front.

Fast as shit -- Actual speeds over 200 mph. 4 foot wing span, 6 foot long. About 7 lbs. LOUD!!! 130 db measured at 6 feet.

It scared the shit out of people. Nobody else at the flying field would stay in the air when they heard it start up.

It survived a dozen or so flights, till an equipment problem -- a faulty switch mount --- cause the radio to shut off after takeoff. It flew unguided for almost 1/2 a mile before augering in at full power. It buried half of the nose in the ground so deep we couldn't pull it out. It broke both engines and the radio.......

Spectacular....

Smile

Do you have any photos??? I'd love to see it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
03-12-2015, 08:45 AM
(03-12-2015 08:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm not really into the "scale" part of it -- because mine fly......

Spectacular....

Smile

Do you have any photos??? I'd love to see it.
Sadlly I don't have any good ones... I had a friend at the time who took a bunch -- but haven't seen her in years..... Don't even know if she's still alive..

edit to add -- part of the "cool" on this was my wing design....... a four foot wingspan -- and the thickest part of the wing was 1/4 inch.... (7.5 mm)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-12-2015, 08:54 AM
(03-12-2015 08:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Do you have any photos??? I'd love to see it.
Sadlly I don't have any good ones... I had a friend at the time who took a bunch -- but haven't seen her in years..... Don't even know if she's still alive..

edit to add -- part of the "cool" on this was my wing design....... a four foot wingspan -- and the thickest part of the wing was 1/4 inch.... (7.5 mm)

I'd have loved to have seen it.

Banjo.
03-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Just go for it mate. You can't sit around masturbating all the time. Something needs to fill out the pauses.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-12-2015, 08:57 AM
(03-12-2015 08:55 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Just go for it mate. You can't sit around masturbating all the time. Something needs to fill out the pauses.

Holy shit! I don't even do that!

I need to do something. Modelling may be the way to go. My brother warned me if I do, to keep it away from my niece otherwise destruction would ensue. Big Grin

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 08:59 AM
(03-12-2015 08:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:55 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Just go for it mate. You can't sit around masturbating all the time. Something needs to fill out the pauses.

Holy shit! I don't even do that!

I need to do something. Modelling may be the way to go. My brother warned me if I do, to keep it away from my niece otherwise destruction would ensue. Big Grin

WHAT! You're not taking breaks in between masturbating? (O_O)
Damn, old man that's impressive.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-12-2015, 09:02 AM
(03-12-2015 08:59 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:57 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Holy shit! I don't even do that!

WHAT! You're not taking breaks in between masturbating? (O_O)

It's the last thing on my mind. I am old. Smile

Banjo.
03-12-2015, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 10:25 AM by Nishi Karano Kaze.)
(03-12-2015 09:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:59 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  WHAT! You're not taking breaks in between masturbating? (O_O)

It's the last thing on my mind. I am old. Smile
Oh wauw. You truly are a master. You don't even have to think about it anymore. I hope I reach your level of expertise some day. (^_^)
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post