Considering becoming a model builder again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: Considering becoming a model builder again.
(03-12-2015 09:04 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  It's the last thing on my mind. I am old. Smile
Oh wauw. You truly are a master. You don't even have to think about anymore. I hope I reach your level of expertise some day. (^_^)

Decimation may be a better description. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 09:10 AM
You should! Those are great! I also think you could sell the finished product on etsy. I agree with another poster (I think it was Chas Consider ) who said to sell the unfinished kits on ebay.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-12-2015, 09:12 AM
(03-12-2015 09:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:04 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Oh wauw. You truly are a master. You don't even have to think about anymore. I hope I reach your level of expertise some day. (^_^)

Decimation may be a better description. Wink
I don't care. I still love you. (^_^)
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
03-12-2015, 09:15 AM
Thanks mate. Same here. I love me too! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 09:20 AM
(03-12-2015 09:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You should! Those are great! I also think you could sell the finished product on etsy. I agree with another poster (I think it was Chas Consider ) who said to sell the unfinished kits on ebay.

My cheapest kit was $300.00 back in the 90's. No way the unbuilt kits would get that much. The problem is I do not think my physical condition can produce that standard.

Banjo.
03-12-2015, 10:35 AM
(03-12-2015 07:00 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 06:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks man. I am considering beginning a thread on aerial warfare. I've been reading about it all my life. The third book I read was a history of the battle of Britain. Do you reckon anyone'd be interested?

I used to read every account I could find, personal diaries, unit diaries. I especially know a LOT about the Luftwaffe. I own a unit diary from JG16 and books on various units, both axis and allied.

I think you'd find interest. If not, fuck 'em and post what you want to anyway.

Yeah! I start threads all the time that get overlooked but I don't care. Do it Banjo!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-12-2015, 03:53 PM
(03-12-2015 09:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 08:59 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  WHAT! You're not taking breaks in between masturbating? (O_O)
Damn, old man that's impressive.

It's the last thing on my mind. I am old. Smile

You're not old, you're just on big old drugs with massive, shitty side effects.

Models can bring you out of the reality of your world and into another mental dimension.

I have a degree in Theatre Arts and took many classes in set design. I spent many long hours making model sets for the classes I took. It was wonderfully creative. I know this is completely different than airplane models but I would get completely swept away by the whole creative process. Scale models also don't take up too much space.... as hobbies go.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-12-2015, 07:00 PM
(03-12-2015 03:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 09:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  It's the last thing on my mind. I am old. Smile

You're not old, you're just on big old drugs with massive, shitty side effects.

Models can bring you out of the reality of your world and into another mental dimension.

I have a degree in Theatre Arts and took many classes in set design. I spent many long hours making model sets for the classes I took. It was wonderfully creative. I know this is completely different than airplane models but I would get completely swept away by the whole creative process. Scale models also don't take up too much space.... as hobbies go.

I have also helped build sets. So it is not out of my experience. Thanks Dances.

Banjo.
03-12-2015, 07:07 PM
I don't build models but I do things like this...

[img][Image: PB160734_zpsa0ab85f2.jpg][/img]

I made that and another one last year. I enjoy getting all the pieces together and watching the finished product come together. The first things I made along these lines were in the early 80s. Over the years I have perfected some techniques and do things a bit differently from the instructions. For some reason this year, I just wasn't in the mood but I know I have to make at least one new stocking next year as my son's is looking pretty beat up compared to the one pictured and the other one I made last year.

It's nice to have a project...see it from raw material, plan it out, and watch it come together. I think it would be great for you to start building again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
03-12-2015, 07:10 PM
(03-12-2015 07:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't build models but I do things like this...

[img][Image: PB160734_zpsa0ab85f2.jpg][/img]

I made that and another one last year. I enjoy getting all the pieces together and watching the finished product come together. The first things I made along these lines were in the early 80s. Over the years I have perfected some techniques and do things a bit differently from the instructions. For some reason this year, I just wasn't in the mood but I know I have to make at least one new stocking next year as my son's is looking pretty beat up compared to the one pictured and the other one I made last year.

It's nice to have a project...see it from raw material, plan it out, and watch it come together. I think it would be great for you to start building again.

That's awesome work. Well done Anjele! Smile

Thanks for sharing.

Banjo.