Considering suicide. Over it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: Considering suicide. Over it.
Fact is mate, many of us have grown to love a person we have never even met except on here, that should tell you something, we arnt likely to let impairment discourage us, when you feel weak lean on us, we can help carry you for as long as you need. Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like adey67's post
20-12-2016, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2016 11:54 AM by Velvet.)
Banjo, imo is way too early, brains adapt in some very unpredictable ways, some people lose most of it, in mass, but regain most functionality later, after it readapts.

As I told you in private message my mother faces a very similar condition, she is unable to retain most of her memory, but that doesn't seem to make her sad in any sense, she says that when she forgets how to make a recipe for dinner she tries a new way to do it, perhaps it might be better than the one she used to remember...

You don't need to be unhappy in the case that you became impaired, you can still enjoy life and be a joy for your family and friends, I think in the end that is what matters.

It seems to be important to remain productive, my mother is always trying to produce something to help others, unfortunately she is not nearly as smart as you (you are able to write perfectly well, you are sharp enough to use a good humor, irony and sarcasm in your writing) my mother finds very dificult to read, and even more to write, so most of the time she takes care of plants and birds, she also takes neighbours dog's to walk them, and sometimes even works as hair cutter for free for her friends when her hands are good, she seems to know perfectly well when she has sensivity for that and when she doesn't.

I don't know you so I can't say, but it seems to me that you are very fortunate to be able to write so well and reason so sharpely in the severity of your condition, perhaps you could write a book?

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
[+] 3 users Like Velvet's post
20-12-2016, 12:05 PM
(20-12-2016 11:45 AM)Velvet Wrote:  Banjo, imo is way too early, brains adapt in some very unpredictable ways, some people lose most of it, in mass, but regain most functionality later, after it readapts.

As I told you in private message my mother faces a very similar condition, she is unable to retain most of her memory, but that doesn't seem to make her sad in any sense, she says that when she forgets how to make a recipe for dinner she tries a new way to do it, perhaps it might be better than the one she used to remember...

You don't need to be unhappy in the case that you became impaired, you can still enjoy life and be a joy for your family and friends, I think in the end that is what matters.

It seems to be important to remain productive, my mother is always trying to produce something to help others, unfortunately she is not nearly as smart as you (you are able to write perfectly well, you are sharp enough to use a good humor, irony and sarcasm in your writing) my mother finds very dificult to read, and even more to write, so most of the time she takes care of plants and birds, she also takes neighbours dog's to walk them, and sometimes even works as hair cutter for free for her friends when her hands are good, she seems to know perfectly well when she has sensivity for that and when she doesn't.

I don't know you so I can't say, but it seems to me that you are very fortunate to be able to write so well and reason so sharpely in the severity of your condition, perhaps you could write a book?
I sympathise Velvet, my mother has dementia as did my dad before he died earlier this year and although she is compus mentis her cognitive abilities are diminished and its hard to watch, like you say the brain can forge new pathways but it does take time.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
20-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Dale, I can't imagine what you're going through. I wish I had some words of wisdom here but all I can say is that the world is better with you in it. Who else will teach proper drumming? We need less Max Weinbergs out there and you are helping in your own way to minimize that.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
20-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Ok,
Banjo I want to tell you about some fucking intense brain damage and how it turned out. I think this may help you a little.
My mother's boyfriend had this horrible stroke a few years ago. I think about 5 years ago.
They said he would not make it but he did.
Then they said he will be a vegetable because of the severe brain damage. But then he woke up and was responsive.
Then they said his brain damage is too big to ever speak, move, or make decisions again. He is now in a wheelchair, navigating Munich's (Germany) subway system on a daily basis on his own. He has phone calls with my mother, they talk and do things. (ok he is very limited in his speech at the moment but still getting better)
Now this guy, he is about your age.
He had his frustrated moments, he still has them. He will yell and throw things and he needs a lot of help in certain areas.
But you know what? He lives and enjoys it.

So no matter what you think of your brain and no matter what the doctors say, you have already come through this against the odds and I am sure that it will get better if you give it a little more time.

You have just come off years and years of medication. And of course this still has an effect on you. You listed all the damage it did already.
Please consider that your brain did not take this damage over night and it will not heal and build back up over night. But you have a great brain, and I am sure that it will be able to heal. Maybe not back to 100% but maybe 90, and that would be great as well, don't you think?
I understand all too well, that suicide can be a very comforting outlook, but I think right now, I am sure you can get better and start enjoying life again. It just doesn't go that fast when you have just come off all the medicines.

Hang in there. We are all here for you.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 6 users Like Leerob's post
26-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Thanks guys. Leela, thanks for that story.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
29-12-2016, 09:47 PM
Not much to add as I'm not on here often enough to have gotten to know you, but I do hope you take the advice of all the people here who have. You clearly have touched the lives of many, and I would be willing to bet there are many in your real-life life who value you as well. I had a pretty bad head injury 6 years ago and am still frustrated by how bad my memory is and how easily I get tripped up by simple things. It's frustrating as hell. But I have friends and family who make it all worth it. I wish you the same. Heart

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 2 users Like Ohio Sky's post