Conspiracy Theories.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Conspiracy Theories.
I really take conspiracy theories in my stride.
There may be partial truths in some of them, but why entirely believe in such.
Maybe the British royals have roots in ancient Egypt. Who cares?
As for schemes between the Zionists and whoever?, I am more concerned
about the issues that haven't come to the surface yet.

Baudrillard, a philosopher of sorts, claims the moon landing was all carried out
in a theatre; he also sees secret messages in neon lights,street signage etc. Perhaps!

I believe that Lyndon La Rouche, the renowned conspiracy theorist stood for the American
presidency on a couple of occasions. What if he'd won?

Surely our day to day battles with societal norms and new adventures keep us enough on our toes
to worry too much over world conspiracies, which, even if they did exist, may be less dangerous than the more up to date horrendous happenings........ Confused
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Conspiracy Theories.
And we opened this discussion in philosophy ... because? Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
10-02-2013, 03:56 PM
(10-02-2013 03:41 PM)kim Wrote:  And we opened this discussion in philosophy ... because? Drinking Beverage
Moved.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2013, 04:42 PM
(10-02-2013 03:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 03:41 PM)kim Wrote:  And we opened this discussion in philosophy ... because? Drinking Beverage
Moved.
Rather pedantic aren't we?
10-02-2013, 04:49 PM
(10-02-2013 04:42 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 03:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Moved.
Rather pedantic Mod aren't we?
Fixt and yes. Big Grin

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-02-2013, 04:53 PM
I usually simply look New Posts........need to mend my ways or I might get ignored. Blush
10-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
10-02-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 05:45 PM by kim.)
(10-02-2013 03:33 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Surely our day to day battles with societal norms and new adventures keep us enough on our toes
to worry too much over world conspiracies, which, even if they did exist, may be less dangerous than the more up to date horrendous happenings........ Confused

See, you and I think this way - we've got enough shit to deal with in reality - but some just must rag on about nothing.

I personally I do think some of these stories are entertaining - hell I started a thread here about the Phantom Time Hypothesis because I got real high one night and I actually began to think of ways it could be possible! Dodgy Really good shit, what can I say. I started the thread because I was so surprised that anyone could come up with such a detailed load of bollocks.

I think individuals who take these things seriously for any great length of time and/or do research in lieu of interpersonal communication so that the content inhabits their every conversation, do have a problem. I don't know why these kinds of problems develop - possibly a condition revolving around an attention disorder. Or maybe they just let willful ignorance take hold and turn a blind eye to reason and logic; it seems to be a trait.

I'd say if it troubles one's self, get help - unless it's just annoying, then who cares? However, if it troubles others, get help because some people can't afford to annoy everyone. Why lose valued human contact over trivial shit?

10-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Conspiracies happen all the time. From price fixing by corporations, inside trading by their executives, to manufacturing crises ending in a massive bailout.

The conspirateurs do not like their activities investigated, so they coined this sneer: "Conspiracy Theory" that became the kiss of death for any serious investigation, even suspicion.

History is full of conspiracies: how many of you know how WW2 started?

The captured German documents have it code-named as "canned goods". It is documented in William Shirer's "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" pg 788
at the end of Chapter 16 "The Road to War". Concentration camp inmates were drugged by the SS, dressed in Polish uniforms and then carried to the German-Polish border where they were shot dead. Hitler claimed it was an attack by Poland against Germany -- next day the invasion of Poland began.

So, next time any of you is tempted to sneer at "conspiracy theories" -- think about this example (or Watergate, or many other well documented cases).

Does it mean that every suspicion of conspiracy is justified?

Of course not.

However, neither is it reasonable to dismiss justified suspicion, by a sneer, calling it only a "Conspiracy Theory".
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post
10-02-2013, 08:25 PM
(10-02-2013 08:18 PM)Zat Wrote:  Conspiracies happen all the time. From price fixing by corporations, inside trading by their executives, to manufacturing crises ending in a massive bailout.

The conspirateurs do not like their activities investigated, so they coined this sneer: "Conspiracy Theory" that became the kiss of death for any serious investigation, even suspicion.

History is full of conspiracies: how many of you know how WW2 started?

The captured German documents have it code-named as "canned goods". It is documented in William Shirer's "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" pg 788
at the end of Chapter 16 "The Road to War". Concentration camp inmates were drugged by the SS, dressed in Polish uniforms and then carried to the German-Polish border where they were shot dead. Hitler claimed it was an attack by Poland against Germany -- next day the invasion of Poland began.

So, next time any of you is tempted to sneer at "conspiracy theories" -- think about this example (or Watergate, or many other well documented cases).

Does it mean that every suspicion of conspiracy is justified?

Of course not.

However, neither is it reasonable to dismiss justified suspicion, by a sneer, calling it only a "Conspiracy Theory".

It's justified when there is no evidence for it and the evidence is against it.

Holocaust denial, chemtrails, lizard people, blah, blah, blah,..

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user