Conspiracy Theories: Cover ups?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Conspiracy Theories: Cover ups?
I got this crazy idea one day. What if Conspiracy Theories are used to cover up something bigger?
Say when your new jet is testflying, local residents spotted it and within a few days it will be all over the media. You can sent an "expert" that claims this is an alien spacecraft. That way people's attention would be shifted to aliens and no one will be looking for the new jet.
Just a crazy guess. What do you think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Conspiracy Theories: Cover ups?
Wag the Dog

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Well that's pretty obvious really. The military have been using the UFO phenomenon to test stealth aircraft for decades. Not really a conspiracy... but if someone spots a weird looking aircraft, they tend to immediately think it's an alien craft.

The alien legends about Area 51 have been a double edged sword for them... on the one hand it distracts people from what they are really doing, on the other hand, it draws attention.

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits... - George Carlin.
21-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Re: Conspiracy Theories: Cover ups?
My comment is a movie for those unfamiliar with it

Evolve
21-08-2013, 10:19 PM
(21-08-2013 08:58 AM)bustead Wrote:  I got this crazy idea one day. What if Conspiracy Theories are used to cover up something bigger?
Say when your new jet is testflying, local residents spotted it and within a few days it will be all over the media. You can sent an "expert" that claims this is an alien spacecraft. That way people's attention would be shifted to aliens and no one will be looking for the new jet.
Just a crazy guess. What do you think?

Well that was known to have happened when the CIA was testing the A-12 Blackbird as part of project OXCART. They often dismissed sightings of the jet as UFOs - very plausible storyline, as the aircraft looks so alien.

[Image: A12-flying.jpg]

As a side note, the jet was originally test flown and operated out of Area 51, adding to the UFO lore of that place

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
26-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I've seen a plenty of UFOs in my country and we don't have any secret aircraft - only secret corrupted deals about hiring the Swedish Gripen interceptors for no reason at all. I've seen it once, when it flies, it covers all cities and mountains with noise.

I'd say USA doesn't need to test any aircraft secretly, the drone bombardments in Syria, Yemen, Pakistan and Iraq seem to work just fine.

OTOH, if you want to hear some decent conspiracy theory, there are rumors from Iran that they develop an automated aircraft with a counter-gravity drive. This aircraft was supposed to capture some U.S. spying drones. The technology is attributed to some earlier work of Iranian nuclear physicist Mehran Tavvakoli Keshe, who now in Belgium develops it further into universal reactors (producing energy, anti-gravity, transmutation of elements, depending on input paramenters) and spreads this technology to interested individuals all across the world.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/News:Anti-Gravity
http://www.keshefoundation.org/

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
26-08-2013, 09:26 AM
(26-08-2013 08:40 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I've seen a plenty of UFOs in my country and we don't have any secret aircraft - only secret corrupted deals about hiring the Swedish Gripen interceptors for no reason at all. I've seen it once, when it flies, it covers all cities and mountains with noise.

I'd say USA doesn't need to test any aircraft secretly, the drone bombardments in Syria, Yemen, Pakistan and Iraq seem to work just fine.

OTOH, if you want to hear some decent conspiracy theory, there are rumors from Iran that they develop an automated aircraft with a counter-gravity drive. This aircraft was supposed to capture some U.S. spying drones. The technology is attributed to some earlier work of Iranian nuclear physicist Mehran Tavvakoli Keshe, who now in Belgium develops it further into universal reactors (producing energy, anti-gravity, transmutation of elements, depending on input paramenters) and spreads this technology to interested individuals all across the world.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/News:Anti-Gravity
http://www.keshefoundation.org/

Your credulity seems boundless. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2013, 01:00 PM
(26-08-2013 09:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your credulity seems boundless. Consider
Does it mean that the OP has to believe his own conspiracy theory too? I thought that wasn't a requirement for posting here.

I don't understand Keshe's books, but I can share them with an interested physicist, in exchange for telling me what to think about them.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
27-08-2013, 08:47 PM
We always joked that Alex Jones was a CIA plant to make any questioning of the government sound loony. It was our own conspiracy theory that he was actually telling the “truth”, but because it was Alex Jones no one would believe it.

For moral reasons I'm an atheist. I'm of the opinion that you would recognize a creator by his creation, & the world appears to me to be put together in such a painful way that I prefer to believe that it was not created by anyone than to think that somebody created this intentionally. - Stanislaw Lem