Conspiracy Theories

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Conspiracy Theories
Why do people think that conspiracy theories are nuts or plain stupid?

Conspiracy definition (from Dictionary.com):

Quote:con·spir·a·cy [kuhn-spir-uh-see]
noun, plural -cies.
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

This doesn't sound crazy or stupid at all. In fact, it sounds very human and normal.

So, what's the problem with this word?
Is there a conspiracy to make us believe that "conspiracies" don't exist?

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 01:54 AM by bemore.)
RE: Conspiracy Theories
I think its because the conspiracy community has been flooded with more unproveable things.

David Icke for example......great speaker on current affairs, its just he believes that we are ruled by a shape shifting reptilian race (the anunaki) and that the moon is an artifical construct. The thing is he makes it sound like its him thats found all this out when in reality he is just recycling theorys laid out by people before him. (although the moon is fucking weird.....its older than the earth.....its like its hollow....as when they have crashed shit into it to mesuare it has "rung like a bell")

Also these "gurus" (how some people see them) like david icke and alex jones make shit loads of money from what they do......they might say they dont but in the case of Icke I checked out where he toured last year......I then checked out the seating capacity of each venue......and then I enquired to the best of my abilities of how much it cost to hire these venues. Put it this way the revenue went into the tens of millions and even if he only made a quarter of that figure he will be a very rich man because of it......plus he has sold over ten books. They also only "preach to the converted" on these talks.....which to me I think is fucking stupid because when I give talks in my town and hand out flyers I dont charge for the fucker and Im bringing awareness of subject to people who might not have thought these things or do not wish to acknowledge them.

Spirituality has been mixed in with conspiracy as well.......I dont see anything wrong with this because the main emphasis of this on all sites I have been on is to look within yourself to find truth.....that the only real thing you can hope to achieve is a change that you life your own life by......to be the change you wish to see.

In the conspiracy community there is something that is generally called "the awakening" which to me basicly gives people the false impression that the people of the world are waking up and acknowledging the things going on...which leads people into a false sense of security that they dont have to do anything....when in reality people may becoming more interested but they are not waking up because life continues as it is.

Over the 6 years I have been studying different conspiracies I have seen a small increase in numbers of people looking into these things........because of this I have seen conspiracy become almost "mainstream" and I have all but given up writing on conspiracy forums because there now full of people who are only there for entertainment and when I have tried to rally people together to try and do something about the situation no fucker is interested.

Its also rocking your belief system.......yes people all over the world know how slimey and decietfull politicians are....how much they lie and protect there own interests......yet people still vote and still support wars????

We are all sheep. Big Grin

EDIT: The mainstream media obv have a lot to play in this..........the ownership of the major media in the west has been brought under the umbrella of 6 major companies over a certain timespan.....the only thorn in there side is the internet (free speech)

Not for much longer though......once ACTA comes into play (which it will) and slowly but surely everybody will be converted to cloud computing......which means your desktop wont be on your computer......it will be stored somewhere on a server. Your internet experience is also being consolidated to "suit your needs" which means that If I google a search term on my computer and then go to yours and google the same search we will both come up with completly different results.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
01-03-2012, 03:06 AM
@ Bemore
Have you ever researched the Rockerfeller's or Rothschilds before? They're the reason for conspiracy theories Tongue Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
01-03-2012, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 01:37 PM by bemore.)
(01-03-2012 03:06 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  @ Bemore
Have you ever researched the Rockerfeller's or Rothschilds before? They're the reason for conspiracy theories Tongue Big Grin

The family that Woodrow Wilson married into (albeit distantly) before allowing the federal reserve to take power??? Those redshield (rothschild) rich people???

Dem pesky bloodlines you can apparently trace back to almost egyptian times.....where most of the rulers of countrys and within the large banking industry are related somehow if not distantly???

Cant say I have ha ha Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
01-03-2012, 01:27 PM
(01-03-2012 12:30 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 03:06 AM)aurora2020 Wrote:  @ Bemore

Dem pesky bloodlines you can apparently trace back to almost egyptian times.....where most of the rulers of countrys and within the large banking industry are related somehow if not distantly???

Cant say I have ha ha Big Grin

Apparently studies looking at genealogy through dna info of the bloodlines show the origins of almost everyone comes from much earlier than that in direct areas. The vast majority of you UK population are potentially all descendants of King William the Conqueror. The way these more recent stronghold families have shown control it not hard to imagine why.

The reason conspiracy is looked at with such a disgust goes back to the way people look at tons of labels they place on others to equate to something they don't want to make the time to understand. It becomes the hot word just as atheist is to many other folk.
01-03-2012, 02:06 PM
BeMore Wrote:I think its because the conspiracy community has been flooded with more unproveable things.

Yes but I think a conspiracy is meant not to be discovered or proved.

BeMore Wrote:David Icke for example......great speaker on current affairs, its just he believes that we are ruled by a shape shifting reptilian race (the anunaki) and that the moon is an artifical construct. The thing is he makes it sound like its him thats found all this out when in reality he is just recycling theorys laid out by people before him. (although the moon is fucking weird.....its older than the earth.....its like its hollow....as when they have crashed shit into it to mesuare it has "rung like a bell")

Yes, the moon is a mystery, I agree on that. And all that crap about reptilians is plain crazy. Another guy with the same crazy story is Zecharia Sitchin.

Quote:In the conspiracy community there is something that is generally called "the awakening" which to me basicly gives people the false impression that the people of the world are waking up and acknowledging the things going on...which leads people into a false sense of security that they dont have to do anything....when in reality people may becoming more interested but they are not waking up because life continues as it is.

Communities for everything!!

(01-03-2012 01:27 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The reason conspiracy is looked at with such a disgust goes back to the way people look at tons of labels they place on others to equate to something they don't want to make the time to understand. It becomes the hot word just as atheist is to many other folk.

I agree on that.
Conspiracies are not meant to be understood or known by others outside the group planning whatever things they want to do.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Birthers are my favorite CTers. OP, the reason, in this case, they are deemed nuts is because of how improbable the CT is. What's more likely, that a man born in Hawaii to a white mother and black father became president? Or that a man and woman living in Kenya conspired to have their son become president of the United States by giving birth to him in Kenya, calling in a fake birth announcement in Hawaii, and then covering up all the evidence that he was born outside the US? All done 40+ years before the plan would take effect.

Truthers are even more ridiculous but much harder to deal with in argument.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
01-03-2012, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 04:05 PM by Peterkin.)
There are, and always have been, plenty of conspiracies. By their very nature, these are meant to be secret, and as they are more often than not, about power - the gaining or keeping of - the people involved are ruthless. This means, the facts are hidden as much as the conspirators are able to hide them, and persons who discover facts that the conspirators mean to keep hidden, themselves disappear. Which makes the conspiracy difficult and dangerous to prove at the time it happens. Much later, as the conspirators pass into history and their papers pass into archives, facts come to light. Then people say, "Of course those guys conspired! It's just what you'd expect."

Suspicious minds see a shift in power or some unusual political phenomenon and wonder how it came about. They work backward from an anomalous event to its probable causes. Because the the physical evidence, and as many facts as possible are hidden by clever and ruthless conspirators, the suspicious mind comes upon only scraps of information, of various origins and value, of greater or lesser relevance. Then he has to weigh and compare each one and decide whether it is coincidental or fits into the puzzle he's assembling, or some other one. He ends up with an incomplete case: a plausible theory which he might or might not ever be able to prove - and has left over a pile of loose pieces and three new partial puzzles.... and thus a lifetime avocation.

With the mass media wholly owned and tightly controlled, public organs cowed and underfunded and independent journalism driven out to cyberspace - where every crackpot in the world has an identical platform for whatever information and opinion s/he wants to promulgate - evidence becomes even more difficult to collect and evaluate.
And it's so easy to lump the earnest seeker of truth with the crackpots, and dismiss them as a single class, together with the information they offer.
And conspirators like that very much; encourage the treatment of conspiracy theories like UFO sightings or drug hallucinations: anyone who is dismissed as a crackpot doesn't have to disappeared. Saves time.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
01-03-2012, 07:00 PM
(01-03-2012 12:36 AM)KVron Wrote:  Why do people think that conspiracy theories are nuts or plain stupid?

Conspiracies ain't nuts, I have no doubt the Koch brothers are juggling a couple dozen or so at any given time. But to think the US Government is behind any conspiracy is nuts. It assumes a level of competence and collective discretion that just doesn't exist.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
It's never the whole government - that wouldn't be a conspiracy, it would be public policy. However, it''s often some element within the government structure or under the government's auspices... like the plumbers. Taking part in a conspiracy doesn't require competence - getting away with it does.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why people believe in conspiracy theories? Antonis 17 203 Today 07:12 AM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  Conspiracy theories that have come true. Metazoa Zeke 20 470 30-06-2014 12:58 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Church conspiracy theories. BlackMason 4 171 04-05-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: BlackMason
  MH 370 Conspiracy Theories Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 9 635 24-04-2014 11:26 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Found a bat shit crazy conspiracy theory website ... TheLogicalAthiest 6 287 24-03-2014 04:38 PM
Last Post: Chas
  What's the craziest conspiracy theory you can come up with? Tartarus Sauce 85 2,766 17-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Just Another Atheist
  Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura Punk Pumpkin 18 534 09-03-2014 09:36 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x