Conspiracy Theories

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Conspiracy Theories
(03-03-2012 08:20 AM)craniumonempty Wrote:  ... oh, oh, maybe the conspiracy theorists are really the big conspiracy. Maybe some of the people that start these have a plan to distract or disable people or the government in some way. Could it be that the greatest conspiracies are a conspiracy?

Your probably not far off.....what better way to discredit people seeking "truth" than to mix in loads of potential bullshit.....lots of disinfo that takes attention away from the real scandals and makes people sound ludacris. Chuck in a little bit of convincing sounding information and people will discuss it and mix in there own opinions.....thus doing the work for them.....they start the ball rolling and people run with it making it bigger than it needs to be.

So when they use the label "conspiracy theorist" people immediatly think of someone wearing a tinfoil hat or something.

With regards to Mexico and drug trafficking nothing surprises me..... look back through history and you will see that Vietnam was apparently the place where most of the opium came from in the time of the Vietnam war.

Then go to today......afghanistan.......around 90% of the worlds opium comes from there and since the "occupation" this figure hasnt fallen.

In this day and age you will think that prohibition of drugs just does not work....... drugs are illegal yet people still take them and allways will...... you would think the most logical and caring soloution would be to legalise and tax them...... the money generated from the tax (trillions) could be used in education and rehabilitation...... plus all the money left over could be spent on better things.

They will never do this though.......because they will be held accountable for all of the tax money when at the moment it suits them better that they dont have to account for all the billions they make.......money that doesnt have to be accounted for.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2012, 01:14 PM
(02-03-2012 11:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But you make my point. It got exposed.

Was also my point. It doesn't require absolute discretion or extraordinary competence to make a conspiracy - only to get away with it. And they are all temporary [sic!]; only need to succeed until some limited objective is achieved - like, say, siphoning three billion dollars out of Iraq military budget, or trading weapons for hostages... or replacing a too-liberal president.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
03-03-2012, 03:48 PM
(01-03-2012 12:36 AM)KVron Wrote:  Why do people think that conspiracy theories are nuts or plain stupid?

Conspiracy definition (from Dictionary.com):

Quote:con·spir·a·cy [kuhn-spir-uh-see]
noun, plural -cies.
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

This doesn't sound crazy or stupid at all. In fact, it sounds very human and normal.

So, what's the problem with this word?
Is there a conspiracy to make us believe that "conspiracies" don't exist?

Of course there are conspiracies. It's just that not everything is a freakin' conspiracy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-03-2012, 05:56 PM
(03-03-2012 01:14 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 11:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But you make my point. It got exposed.

Was also my point. It doesn't require absolute discretion or extraordinary competence to make a conspiracy - only to get away with it. And they are all temporary [sic!]; only need to succeed until some limited objective is achieved - like, say, siphoning three billion dollars out of Iraq military budget, or trading weapons for hostages... or replacing a too-liberal president.

Nice. Point taken. [Image: images.jpg]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.