Conspiracy Theorists and Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 09:45 AM
RE: Conspiracy Theorists and Religion
Eh, there is a connection in some ways and in other ways there isn't. I would associate there still being a connection to "strong" or gnostic theists and with conspiracy theorists and many religious folks have an approach similar of that nature.

There is a pattern of conspiracy theorists being aggressively not skeptic though. They often will take 1 side of an slice of information counter to the "general" held belief and run with it. But they don't glance at and often ignore counter examined evidence to the table. Like for instance a guy showing, oh this one man studied info that there was no certain chemical in his studies of concentration camps so he proofs there wasn't mass murder. But the conspiracy theorists distrust or ignore how multiple other studies have done to duplicate his results and examine other chemical traces showing his information was limited and he drew unreasonable claims.

They don't remain open and skeptical, they have a stance and generally confirm they have a secret knowledge and superior sense of self worth because of it. Instead or remaining skeptical and open to failures in their position from multiple angles. I think this element of special knowledge definitely comes form many theists. Especially the, I just have a relationship you can't disprove my special relationship types.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post