Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 05:35 PM
RE: Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura
Its evidence that not all atheist are rational thinkers.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
I know I'm supposed to be on a break right now, but I have to make a statement in this thread.

First of all, Conspiracy Theory was taken off the air a long time ago, and Jesse has no plans on continuing the show, so it's hardly revelant, unless if we are talking about Jesse's plans on running for president in 2016. You're way, way better off watching his current show, that is mostly conspiracy free (or atleast the real crazy ones), and deals with issues that are far more interesting:

Secondly, if you really think Jesse acually belives in half of the crap in this show, YOU are the moron. I mean, if you've seen the show, you know this is pure ENTERTAINMENT. The super dramatic music, the BAM and BOOM noises when a camera angle shifts, extreme closeups; the list goes on. Jesse admitted himself last year that the show is there to make money out of a popular topic, and at the same time also said that Alex Jones does exactly the same, although Jones is knee deep in it, so he's never gonna quit or admit that he's bullshitting. It's exactly like cjlr said. Jesse Ventura needs to make money somehow.

I mostly agree on what Jesse says when he talks about America today. When he talks about conspiracies, I usually skip it, since I already know that US Government is full of shit (so is mine at times too).

In the end, I cannot possibly hate Jesse. He's an atheist and an aggressive one at that, supports gay marriage, calls out the two-party system, expresses concern over privatisation of hospitals and prisons, and a lot more.

Aside from that, as a nerd of both wrestling and THE movie, which is Predator, well, let's just say that I worship the first heel color commentator in the WWF, and BLAINE:

There you go, Gulegon, mission accomplished. Now I'll retreat to my cave of homework and depression.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
07-03-2014, 06:09 PM
(07-03-2014 05:48 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I know I'm supposed to be on a break right now, but I have to make a statement in this thread.

First of all, Conspiracy Theory was taken off the air a long time ago, and Jesse has no plans on continuing the show, so it's hardly revelant, unless if we are talking about Jesse's plans on running for president in 2016. You're way, way better off watching his current show, that is mostly conspiracy free (or atleast the real crazy ones), and deals with issues that are far more interesting:

Secondly, if you really think Jesse acually belives in half of the crap in this show, YOU are the moron. I mean, if you've seen the show, you know this is pure ENTERTAINMENT. The super dramatic music, the BAM and BOOM noises when a camera angle shifts, extreme closeups; the list goes on. Jesse admitted himself last year that the show is there to make money out of a popular topic, and at the same time also said that Alex Jones does exactly the same, although Jones is knee deep in it, so he's never gonna quit or admit that he's bullshitting. It's exactly like cjlr said. Jesse Ventura needs to make money somehow.

I mostly agree on what Jesse says when he talks about America today. When he talks about conspiracies, I usually skip it, since I already know that US Government is full of shit (so is mine at times too).

In the end, I cannot possibly hate Jesse. He's an atheist and an aggressive one at that, supports gay marriage, calls out the two-party system, expresses concern over privatisation of hospitals and prisons, and a lot more.

Aside from that, as a nerd of both wrestling and THE movie, which is Predator, well, let's just say that I worship the first heel color commentator in the WWF, and BLAINE:

There you go, Gulegon, mission accomplished. Now I'll retreat to my cave of homework and depression.

No Angry Your line isn't "I gotta homework, depressed, blah blah", it's "I ain't got time to bleed" Tongue

07-03-2014, 09:02 PM
(07-03-2014 05:48 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I know I'm supposed to be on a break right now, but I have to make a statement in this thread.

Alex Jones makes my blood boil
07-03-2014, 09:22 PM
(07-03-2014 09:02 PM)Punk Pumpkin Wrote:  Alex Jones makes my blood boil

When you said that i thought about this. Only thing harder to reason with then creationist is conspiracy theorist, and I know my one uncle was both.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
07-03-2014, 09:25 PM
(07-03-2014 09:22 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  

When you said that i thought about this. Only thing harder to reason with then creationist is conspiracy theorist, and I know my one uncle was both.

I am pretty sure Alex Jones is also a Christian. So you have the worst of both worlds with him.
09-03-2014, 09:02 AM
(07-03-2014 09:02 PM)Punk Pumpkin Wrote:  

Alex Jones makes my blood boil

And me...

There's a guy on a music forum who I've had a fair few heated debates with. Whenever something major happens in the world he posts a link to the "truth" about it... Its invariably a link to Infowars.

My theory about conspiracy theorists is... They want it to be true.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 09:22 AM
(09-03-2014 09:02 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  

And me...

There's a guy on a music forum who I've had a fair few heated debates with. Whenever something major happens in the world he posts a link to the "truth" about it... Its invariably a link to Infowars.

That's the thing though...I used to be one. And As much as they want it to be true WHY!? These things they believe are so terrible, so frightening. Why would they want it to be true other than to tell people "I told you so". I guess they don't want to admit they are wrong because they think they would look like fools. They look like fools now. I am so ashamed that I believed in that stuff...but I admit that I was wrong. I feel so much happier now, just like when I left religion.
09-03-2014, 09:36 AM
(09-03-2014 09:22 AM)Punk Pumpkin Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 09:02 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  And me...

That's the thing though...I used to be one. And As much as they want it to be true WHY!? These things they believe are so terrible, so frightening. Why would they want it to be true other than to tell people "I told you so". I guess they don't want to admit they are wrong because they think they would look like fools. They look like fools now. I am so ashamed that I believed in that stuff...but I admit that I was wrong. I feel so much happier now, just like when I left religion.

Why do they want it to be true? Fear, in their minds a malevolent power is preferable to the alternative that no one is actually in charge. Deep down they want to think that all of the bad things that happen are for a reason. If there is a reason behind everything then it is not just random bad luck and even better it boosts their self esteem by thinking that this shadowy organization cares about them in some way.

Take 9/11 for instance why are there tons of (already debunked) conspiracies about 9/11 and who actually did what. We have the truth and it is a relatively simple narrative of fundamentalist muslim fighters who, in their minds, were bringing vengeance for American crimes. This scares people because it means that America is not all powerful and they would rather think that the government planned all of this than the truth of the matter that the government was caught with it's pants down.

Bad things happen to good people, this is a fact. If there is no God or Satan or no Illuminati/NWO then there is no rhyme or reason for it and some people can't accept that so they begin to spin increasingly more convoluted fantasies to prevent their web of lies (told mostly to themselves) from falling in on itself.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post