Conspiracy theories conspiracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Conspiracy theories conspiracy
I came across a new video by potholer 54. This is the user that awards a golden crocoduck to fundie morons and has a handful of debunking videos. In this one he touches on several different conspiracy theories, discusses how their fundamental bases are flawed from the onset, and rips Jesse Ventura a new one.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
21-06-2013, 10:08 AM
RE: Conspiracy theories conspiracy
Thanks for the share.
21-06-2013, 10:37 AM
She had me at 'rainbows'. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2013, 10:48 AM
(21-06-2013 10:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  She had me at 'rainbows'. Dodgy

It comes down to wanting to believe. People want to feel special or better (and some people get the same kick from their religion).

This dipshit could test the "theory" (something dissolved in the water causes the rainbow effect) with little to no effort. First by observing that it occurs in natural watercourses (like, oh, say, Niagara falls, rather a difficult thing to contaminate). Second by observing that it's not a new phenomenon (it's at least as old as colour photography, never mind the paintings of such). But those require outside knowledge. You could test this even if you knew nothing else. Distill your own water. Check the 'adulterated' water with your known pure control.

But no. No coherehent thought whatsoever is present here. What a shame.

The video's great, though.
23-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Shit, and here I thought rainbows were caused by unicorn. (It is common knowledge that unicorns bleed rainbows.)

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
23-06-2013, 06:00 PM
(23-06-2013 05:17 PM)AtheistTeacher Wrote:  Shit, and here I thought rainbows were caused by unicorn. (It is common knowledge that unicorns bleed rainbows.)

Well, yeah. That stuff the government puts in the water?

Where do you think they get it from?
23-06-2013, 06:43 PM
(21-06-2013 10:48 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-06-2013 10:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  She had me at 'rainbows'. Dodgy

It comes down to wanting to believe. People want to feel special or better (and some people get the same kick from their religion).

This dipshit could test the "theory" (something dissolved in the water causes the rainbow effect) with little to no effort. First by observing that it occurs in natural watercourses (like, oh, say, Niagara falls, rather a difficult thing to contaminate). Second by observing that it's not a new phenomenon (it's at least as old as colour photography, never mind the paintings of such). But those require outside knowledge. You could test this even if you knew nothing else. Distill your own water. Check the 'adulterated' water with your known pure control.

But no. No coherehent thought whatsoever is present here. What a shame.

The video's great, though.

Rainbow sprinkler lady must spend all of her time indoors. I remember being a kid standing outside with a water-filled spray bottle set to a fine mist. I wasn't being scientific, I was simply messing around by spraying water. A rainbow appeared in the mist (Shocking shocking, I know). As I turned and sprayed a wider area, I could see the rainbow formed a ring around me.

My point is that being the percipient of simple light refraction is an ordinary occurrence. No crazy-ass environmental hazard required.

"Oooh! Double rainbowSadcryface. What does this mean? What does this mean?! WeepingWeeping"
Smokin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
24-06-2013, 06:00 PM
(23-06-2013 06:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 05:17 PM)AtheistTeacher Wrote:  Shit, and here I thought rainbows were caused by unicorn. (It is common knowledge that unicorns bleed rainbows.)

Well, yeah. That stuff the government puts in the water?

Where do you think they get it from?
The unicorn herds at Area 51?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Conspiracy theories that have come true. Metazoa Zeke 20 401 30-06-2014 12:58 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Church conspiracy theories. BlackMason 4 150 04-05-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: BlackMason
  MH 370 Conspiracy Theories Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 9 583 24-04-2014 11:26 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Found a bat shit crazy conspiracy theory website ... TheLogicalAthiest 6 250 24-03-2014 04:38 PM
Last Post: Chas
  What's the craziest conspiracy theory you can come up with? Tartarus Sauce 85 2,680 17-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Just Another Atheist
  Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura Punk Pumpkin 18 495 09-03-2014 09:36 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Is a Conspiracy Theorist someone who ignorantly believes things,? Kymatica 45 1,221 04-11-2013 01:13 PM
Last Post: cjlr