Conspiracy theories that have come true.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2014, 07:11 AM
RE: Conspiracy theories that have come true.
(26-06-2014 03:40 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 11:54 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  The CIA was once thought to be "not real" by the larger public. Same with the NSA.

At one point the people investigating the Iran-Contra scandal were conspiracy nuts.

There were people who claimed that government was spying on our emails and phone calls before the wiki leaks and snowden business.

For a long time the political espionage the CIA was caring out in Latin america (assassinating world leaders and staging military coups, ect) was thought to be unfounded conspiracy theory.

Essentially right before someone blows the lid off a big scandal, the moment before that happens, they are a nut job conspiracy theorist. Then they are a whistle blower, a Pulitzer prize journalist, a modern day hero. Its just like the "terrorist or freedom fighter's" conundrum.

[Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

Interestingly, the citation required on those things is that that they occurred, but that they were unknown...

There's a difference between secret and conspiracy.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2014, 08:26 AM
(26-06-2014 07:11 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-06-2014 03:40 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

Interestingly, the citation required on those things is that that they occurred, but that they were unknown...

Well if anyone would know about conspiracies it is you, how many are you involved in now?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-06-2014, 11:47 AM
(26-06-2014 08:26 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-06-2014 07:11 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Interestingly, the citation required on those things is that that they occurred, but that they were unknown...

Well if anyone would know about conspiracies it is you, how many are you involved in now?

Shit, it's hard to keep track. There's fake fossils, and the fake global warming, and the fake space program, and the fake quantum mechanics, and the fake vaccines... The mind control plots in the GMOs and chemtrails and infrasonics... Plus the suppression of all the evidence proving religions, and ghosts, and psychics, and homeopathy...

It's all for the good of our reptiloid masters, of course. Long may Her Majesty consume the flesh of her weak, human enemies.

[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
26-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Did someone say quantum?
[Image: e7yduza9.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KyleRuby's post
26-06-2014, 12:14 PM
(26-06-2014 07:11 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-06-2014 03:40 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

I fail to see the difference. All it is, is hindsight bias.
26-06-2014, 12:18 PM
(26-06-2014 12:14 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I fail to see the difference. All it is, is hindsight bias.

Is every classified act a conspiracy?

If so, the word loses almost any meaning.

26-06-2014, 12:25 PM
(26-06-2014 12:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-06-2014 12:14 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I fail to see the difference. All it is, is hindsight bias.

Indeed, a conspiracy implies an illegal cabalistic quality. The Watergate cover up was a conspiracy counterintelligence measures during the cold war were not yet both were secret.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-06-2014, 04:21 PM
(26-06-2014 12:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

This is a different argument altogether.

Quote:A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation

From the most reliable source in the world on everything, wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

If you want to say that the 'existence' of the CIA or NSA doesn't qualify I am willing to grant you that, but Iran-Contra, as just one example, certainly has all the 'flavor' of a conspiracy theory.

If you narrow the definition of the word so that it can only apply to that which is unfounded or completely implausible then, by definition, none of them can be true.
27-06-2014, 11:35 AM
(26-06-2014 11:47 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Shit, it's hard to keep track. There's fake fossils, and the fake global warming, and the fake space program, and the fake quantum mechanics, and the fake vaccines... The mind control plots in the GMOs and chemtrails and infrasonics... Plus the suppression of all the evidence proving religions, and ghosts, and psychics, and homeopathy...

It's all for the good of our reptiloid masters, of course. Long may Her Majesty consume the flesh of her weak, human enemies.

Fluoride, because... I don't know what they're doing to us with that, but it's not our teeth. The man just wants you to think that.

[Image: Fluoride_Water_Main_600.jpg]

It's on a picture on the Internet, so you know it's true.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
27-06-2014, 12:01 PM
[Image: y2a5u3ub.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes KyleRuby's post