Conspiracy theory paranoia is deadly.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 09:45 AM
No I am not referring to the completely made up conspiracy theory of the "cold war".

I am referring to DDT, during the early 1900's malaria was being wiped out and people were living longer due to a substance known as DDT. DDT was also used in more harmful products like insecticide but only a relatively small harmless amount was used in the treatment and spray for mosquitos. Well, some liberals noticed that DDT was harming organisms that were sprayed during fertilizing and decided to go on an anti-DDT panty twisting tirade. This eventually ended the use of DDT in anything including the spraying for the mosquito that carries malaria. As a result millions of people have died of malaria since due to some liberals sitting in a coffee shop feeling sorry for the shabbalaba ding dong species of frog that was in danger.

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
24-05-2013, 02:48 PM
RE: Conspiracy theory paranoia is deadly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDT#Silent_...e_U.S._ban

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
25-05-2013, 11:09 AM
(24-05-2013 02:48 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDT#Silent_...e_U.S._ban

Actually this is one of those rare instances where I and I is right. Over spraying with DDT was a problem in the US at the time, but a judicious use of DDT could potentially save thousands of lives annually in Africa or other regions ravaged by malaria or other mosquito borne illnesses.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
25-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Sure, there are two sides to the argument on this one - unlike I&I suggests. DDT is a persistent poison which has its advantages and disadvantages. It was stopped for good reason. That said, bed bugs are on the rise again. There are problems that could be treated with DDT and would do more good than harm if they were treated that way. I agree with that. I disagree with I&I's assertion that the ban is based solely on "panty-twisting".

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
25-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Millions of people died of malaria unnecessarily because a group in one part of the world didnt like how it was affecting certain species. That is fucking crazy and a very fucked up since of morality.
25-05-2013, 05:54 PM
(25-05-2013 05:03 PM)I and I Wrote:  Millions of people died of malaria unnecessarily because a group in one part of the world didnt like how it was affecting certain species. That is fucking crazy and a very fucked up since of morality.

There is a lot of stuff going on that we know little or nothing about and some of the so called conspiracy theories may contain grains, or more, of truth.

Well that's my conspiracy theory............check out Baudrillard Unsure
26-05-2013, 03:43 AM
I & I,

The american ban caused millions to die, or did other countries independently come to similar conclusions? What's the basis for your "millions" figure? Do you have any kind of official source on this (genuinely interested)?