Contact A2A

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
07-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Contact A2A
Hi, I'm new, I live in northern Italy and don't know any other Atheists around here! I pretty much feel like a fish out of water who is looking for other friends.
Hello? Who is closest to me?
Alnilam (34)
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 11:31 AM

RE: Contact A2A
(07-12-2010 10:05 AM)alnilam Wrote:  Hi, I'm new, I live in northern Italy and don't know any other Atheists around here! I pretty much feel like a fish out of water who is looking for other friends.
Hello? Who is closest to me?
Alnilam (34)

[Image: 4.gif] to the community.
07-12-2010, 03:24 PM

RE: Italian Contact A2A
Hello,(first, please forgive my poor english, it's not my mother tongue)

thank you so much for the welcoming bubbles!
Hope to find out how to get around this forum soon.
Only found out about Christophers cancer today.
Love the video with all the scottish guys. Let us visualize how he manages to write other books and give interviews, so that even more people may benefit from his grandious knowledge and lead them too to a new form of appreciation of intelligence. My life has been enriched, since I started to watch him, Richard Dawkins and others on youtube. Unfortunately here almost nobody understands the english language to such a level and Atheists are rare as diamonds.

Let's change that and let us shine!

Alnilam[/font]
08-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Benvenuto!

I can read a bit of Italian but I've never studied it directly, so I'm quite poor at it. Tongue
I hope you enjoy it here! Big Grin

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2010, 08:11 AM

Buongiorno!

Thanks for making me feel welcome, even if far. My mother tongue is actually german. I live close to the border to Austria, here we grow up bilingual. This is an autonomous part of Italy, that belonged to Austria for over thousend years.The Dalai Lama is our regular guest; he likes how we live peacefully and integrate both culuters in our everday life.
I have chosen to raise my children here, to give them a safe and happy childhood with plenty of opportunities. They already speak three languages, and that is standard here now. They were born in Scotland, were we lived for six years. Sometimes I miss my dear friends and beeing able to speak english ( unfortunately only the new generation is been brought up with this luxury).
My english is far from perfect, but I watch all the youtube videos with passion and wish they'd translate them! So others could bee freed from the bad habit of ignorance and religion (but would they really?...ignorance and allergic reactions to knowledge are a tough one to handle..)
To be honest I personally only know two people who are Atheists, and they both are not locals. It makes me laugh, but one is actually a scientist (...you don't say!...)

At the moment all I want would be one of those red A - badges, but I have no credit card and don't know how to get a hold of one. If you knew someone who would send me one....I can't wait to be asked about it and see peoples faces. It will be a challange; I intend to get ready to answer and leave them with no arguments to throw back at me...

Sending best wishes, wherever you live..

Alnilam
09-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:At the moment all I want would be one of those red A - badges, but I have no credit card and don't know how to get a hold of one.
http://store.richarddawkins.net/collections/accessories
There are some, but I don't know if you can order them via cash on delivery, if that's even possible when buying from an other country.Undecided At least between Finland and Estonia it's possible.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
(09-12-2010 08:11 AM)alnilam Wrote:  At the moment all I want would be one of those red A - badges, but I have no credit card and don't know how to get a hold of one. If you knew someone who would send me one....I can't wait to be asked about it and see peoples faces. It will be a challange; I intend to get ready to answer and leave them with no arguments to throw back at me...

Some of the people here are very prepared for that challenge and still find arguements thrown back at them. When theists run out of arguements they usually resort to repeating what you just disproved, use circular reasoning and spew lies. Be careful, some theists become violent. Good luck.
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM

Thank you Kikko,

I'll try!
So, are you in Finland or Estonia then?

Alnilam
10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
(10-12-2010 01:44 PM)alnilam Wrote:  Thank you Kikko,

I'll try!
So, are you in Finland or Estonia then?

Alnilam

If I would be in Estonia I'd be trapped under snow, so I'm glad to be in Finland.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
10-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Thank you No J.,

have you ever seen the full length interview Richard Dawkins made with Wendy Wright? I admire his patience, I was bursting inside and kept watching it all the way through. I was so impressed and totally drained...
I guess you live in the States. I live in the state, that has the Vatican
at it's heart. I have not seen any interviews of that kind jet. I requested for professor Dawkins videos to be translated, so more people could have access to them.
Thanks again for your advice.
Alnilam