Contact Options (Profile)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2012, 07:30 AM
RE: Contact Options (Profile)
(10-10-2012 06:30 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 04:33 AM)Magoo Wrote:  What the hell is ICQ?

IF this was not a serious question: Hahaha Laughat Thumbsup

IF this is a serious question: It used to be a very popular messenger a few years ago.

100% serious question LOL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2012, 07:23 PM
(14-10-2012 07:30 AM)Magoo Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 06:30 AM)Leela Wrote:  IF this was not a serious question: Hahaha Laughat Thumbsup

IF this is a serious question: It used to be a very popular messenger a few years ago.

100% serious question LOL

Magoo is a young one. IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat, it was a popular way for internet users to IM each other after the internet boom in the early to late 90's/early 2000's. It was also used to share files, and have group discussions in 'channels'. It has been updated over the years, and still exists but it's popularity has waned considerably.

15-10-2012, 05:19 AM
Hey! I used ICQ for years, but only as protocol, never used the ICQ application/client. For that reason I used (and still do) Miranda, a great small chat client that support all protocols. I stopped using ICQ after Gmail Beta started, so some time after the adjustment. ICQ was OK, a chat protocol, like any other.

As for the OP idea, it is pretty great, although I still know tons of people that use MSN, even Yahoo. Why they still haven't made a switch to Gmail is just beyond me. Must be that they like old and unused things? (Now ears would say: "Yeah, like your momma!")

Anyway, everybody uses Facebook (except me) and I think that it definitely should be on the list.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson