Contagious Humans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2015, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2015 08:35 PM by DLJ.)
Contagious Humans
So, I'm back in Melbourne (from Sydney). I emerge from my room too late for breakfast and find the hotel lobby full of Kiwis.

They are chatting noisily and there is a buzz of excitement. Everyone can feel it. I can feel it and I have no skin in this game.

I'm watching a group of them through the glass as I stand outside topping up my nicotine level and they are smiling and happy and the older ones are shaking their heads in agreement with each other.

Men, women and children; they have a white feather painted on one cheek and in black on the other cheek is painted "NZ".

Shaking not nodding their heads? That's right, they are Indian but they here to support their team.

I can't help thinking of Muffsy and his love of immigrants.... fuckin' earmuffs!

Their happiness is contagious. Everyone is smiling. As I go back to my room, a guy in the lift temporarily forgets his floor number he says "I'm too excited", I ask "Why's that?" He laughs. Everyone laughs.

I think there's an infectious air-borne virus that's causing people to forget themselves and act irrationally. We're breathing oxytocin-enriched air!

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
28-03-2015, 11:16 PM
RE: Contagious Humans
(28-03-2015 06:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So, I'm back in Melbourne (from Sydney). I emerge from my room too late for breakfast and find the hotel lobby full of Kiwis.

They are chatting noisily and there is a buzz of excitement. Everyone can feel it. I can feel it and I have no skin in this game.

I'm watching a group of them through the glass as I stand outside topping up my nicotine level and they are smiling and happy and the older ones are shaking their heads in agreement with each other.

Men, women and children; they have a white feather painted on one cheek and in black on the other cheek is painted "NZ".

Shaking not nodding their heads? That's right, they are Indian but they here to support their team.

I can't help thinking of Muffsy and his love of immigrants.... fuckin' earmuffs!

Their happiness is contagious. Everyone is smiling. As I go back to my room, a guy in the lift temporarily forgets his floor number he says "I'm too excited", I ask "Why's that?" He laughs. Everyone laughs.

I think there's an infectious air-borne virus that's causing people to forget themselves and act irrationally. We're breathing oxytocin-enriched air!

Big Grin

Muffs sent out the first wave of world domination eunuchs. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply