Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
17-07-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(17-07-2016 08:20 AM)GoingUp Wrote:  I may be arrogant, but I am not pretentious.

The fuck you ain't.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2016, 02:06 PM
(17-07-2016 01:20 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 01:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The question of Nazareth is a legitimate one, and is not one of "dishonesty", despite judgmental Church Ladies (not unlike Tomato) who want to relegate these questions to a side show.

It's either dishonesty, or tin-foil hat level delusions that's required to deny the variety of archaeological evidence, from a excavated farm, pottery, coins, graves, inscription that confirm the existence of Nazareth at the time. How many towns do you know that have a farm in the middle of them ? LMAO.

Quote:STILL WAITING, Tomato, for you to define what you mean by the word "atheist" you're always generalizing about, in light of Tillich's comments above, and your claim that we know nothing about the nuances of Christian theology.

Sorry, haven't read as much Tillich as I have Bonhoeffer, but judging that reading Bonhoeffer leads you to conclude he had a death bed conversion to atheism, I can only imagine how badly you'd butcher other theologians.

In the link I posted there are all sorts of people discussing Nazareth. Your dismissal of the subject (of course you HAVE to, as you have no arguments to actually make, just like you can address NOT ONE of Carrier's points) is what is really dishonesty.

I see you also have no reply or definitions for you judgmental failures concerning atheism. Bonhoeffer said "We must live as if god did not exist". That is not a Christian or theist perspective. You are not a Christian according to Christian theology. Bonhoeffer also said Christianity was about community. You are nothing but a Cafeteria Christian, and a lone wolf nut case Christian. You can't even define it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-07-2016, 02:27 PM
(17-07-2016 02:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I see you also have no reply or definitions for you judgmental failures concerning atheism. Bonhoeffer said "We must live as if god did not exist". That is not a Christian or theist perspective.

Bonhoeffer claim that was the perspective of the OT, and of the Gospels, in the suffering God of the Cross, that it's the suffering God who saves us. He claims the this view is the biblical view.

You quote mined the portion were he says "we must live as if god did not exist", removing what he meant by this completely, to make you distorted interpretation work, and no matter how many times you've been called out on this, you continue on if his own words on the matter don't exist.

Quote:You are not a Christian according to Christian theology. Bonhoeffer also said Christianity was about community. You are nothing but a Cafeteria Christian, and a lone wolf nut case Christian. You can't even define it.

Lol, says the guy who claims Bonhoeffer was an atheists.

I'm still waiting to hear whether you think Donald Trump is a Christian, how about Marcus Borg? John Dominic Crossan?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
17-07-2016, 02:56 PM
(17-07-2016 02:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 08:20 AM)GoingUp Wrote:  I may be arrogant, but I am not pretentious.

The fuck you ain't.

Coming to Mark's rescue by attacking me has no hope of diverting the truth about him. I am not being pretentious by agreeing with the well learned and experienced scholarly community.

Yet, here is Mark, trying to pass himself off as some kind of an authority because he read a few books, and then wasted a shit load of time writing to what amounts to be no more than a fictitious fantasy novel.

With no formal education or experience in the relevant fields of history or archeology, this dentist from Queensland constantly promotes the same old same old bullshit that long ago became long on the tooth, which eventually can only result in him looking down in the mouth.

Big Grin
17-07-2016, 02:59 PM
(17-07-2016 02:56 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 02:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck you ain't.

Coming to Mark's rescue by attacking me has no hope of diverting the truth about him.

I ain't coming to Mark's defense and it was pretentious for you to assume so. I am just pointing out that you are both arrogant and pretentious bordering on the supercilious.

#sigh
17-07-2016, 03:03 PM
(17-07-2016 02:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 02:56 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Coming to Mark's rescue by attacking me has no hope of diverting the truth about him.

I ain't coming to Mark's defense and it was pretentious for you to assume so. I am just pointing out that you are both arrogant and pretentious bordering on the supercilious.

Oh I am arrogant for a certainty, and make no effort to hide it. But pretentious? No, and it was pretentious for you to assume so.

Big Grin
17-07-2016, 03:04 PM
(17-07-2016 02:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Bonhoeffer claim that was the perspective of the OT, and of the Gospels, in the suffering God of the Cross, that it's the suffering God who saves us. He claims the this view is the biblical view.

He did not. He said it was impossible to know any objective truth about Christ's real nature and said God was dead. He REJECTED the "objective unalterable moral standards of the Bible" and proclaimed a "situational ethics", (which "raged" as the topic of the day back when, in the 50's-60's. He said what he said. he said we must live as if god did not exist. Gods don't suffer, and the Bible NEVER said that. It's meaningless drivel.

Quote:Lol, says the guy who claims Bonhoeffer was an atheists.

I never said that, you uneducated fool, with your fake PhD.
I said he was a "practical atheist" (a singular atheist has no "s").

Quote:I'm still waiting to hear whether you think Donald Trump is a Christian, how about Marcus Borg? John Dominic Crossan?

How about if the Cafeteria Christian with no community, who says he can be a Christian with no Jesus defines what that means.

LMAO.

You called us out on our ability to discuss the nuances of Christian theology. I offered you the chance. You failed. You didn't even know Bonhoeffer wrote the book about communities of faith. You're a fraud.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-07-2016, 03:08 PM
(17-07-2016 03:03 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 02:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I ain't coming to Mark's defense and it was pretentious for you to assume so. I am just pointing out that you are both arrogant and pretentious bordering on the supercilious.

Oh I am arrogant for a certainty, and make no effort to hide it. But pretentious? No, and it was pretentious for you to assume so.

Big Grin

I just go with the evidence. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
17-07-2016, 03:12 PM
(17-07-2016 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 03:03 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Oh I am arrogant for a certainty, and make no effort to hide it. But pretentious? No, and it was pretentious for you to assume so.

Big Grin

I just go with the evidence. Drinking Beverage

Or that which can be manufactured and then passed off as the truth.

What ever works, right?

Big Grin
17-07-2016, 03:15 PM
(17-07-2016 03:12 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(17-07-2016 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I just go with the evidence. Drinking Beverage

Or that which can be manufactured and then passed off as the truth.

What ever works, right?

Big Grin

I ain't Machiavellian fool.

#sigh