Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
19-07-2016, 07:46 PM
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(19-07-2016 07:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  But we know Mohammed existed, and people knew him and he waged war. Certainly better evidence than the xians have?

We know Jesus existed as well, that people knew him, that he had a brother named James and disciples, started a religious movement, was killed under the rule of Pilate, etc....

Hearsay proclaimed by believers with an agenda. Why did the early xians not mention him? Indeed, Jesus doesn't show up until about 80 AD???

Why should I believe you, and not a Muslim?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 07:55 PM by Tomasia.)
(19-07-2016 07:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  We know Jesus existed as well, that people knew him, that he had a brother named James and disciples, started a religious movement, was killed under the rule of Pilate, etc....

Hearsay proclaimed by believers with an agenda. Why did the early xians not mention him? Indeed, Jesus doesn't show up until about 80 AD???

No, we also have a first-hand account here, of someone who met his disciples and brother. And references by Roman historians, such as Tacitus, and Josephus, even minus the forged passage.

You already believe Mohammed was a historical person, even though you don't believe any of fanciful aspects associated with his life.

And frankly I don't care whether you believe me or not. It's more interesting for me to observe the crowd that upholds reason, and rational thinking, demonstrating a lack of the very faculties they promote, demonstrating the same thought patterns found in creo-tards, and others they despise. At least you have an excuse, others here don't.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
19-07-2016, 07:55 PM
(19-07-2016 07:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hearsay proclaimed by believers with an agenda. Why did the early xians not mention him? Indeed, Jesus doesn't show up until about 80 AD???

No, we also have a first-hand account here, of someone who met his disciples and brother. And references by Roman historians, such as Tacitus, and Josephus, even minus the forged passage.

You already believe Mohammed was a historical person, even though you don't believe any of fanciful aspects associated with his life.

Mohammed waged war and we know the history. He actually existed.

Your reference to Chrestus in Tacitus does not say Jesus! Read the damned book!

Tacitus Annals.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
19-07-2016, 07:58 PM
(19-07-2016 07:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Your reference to Chrestus in Tacitus does not say Jesus! Read the damned book!

Tacitus Annals.

No, it's clearly a reference to Jesus, unless we're suppose to believe there was another Christ at the time, who was crucified under Pilate, that gave rise to a following that went by the name Christians, and for whom a "mischievous superstition" arose and spread in the wake of his death.

I don't think you're stupid enough to suggest that now are you?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
19-07-2016, 08:01 PM
(19-07-2016 07:49 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  You already believe Mohammed was a historical person, even though you don't believe any of fanciful aspects associated with his life.

And frankly I don't care whether you believe me or not. It's more interesting for me to observe the crowd that upholds reason, and rational thinking, demonstrating a lack of the very faculties they promote, demonstrating the same thought patterns found in creo-tards, and others they despise. At least you have an excuse, others here don't.

I don't buy that Mohammud was historical. No one has answered Spencer's questions.
So ... now you since you can't define any of your terms, it's "crowd" now, you use to disparage non-believers, and make your generalizing insults. How long will it take for your inferiority complex to be satisfied.

What are you doing here Fake Christian ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-07-2016, 08:04 PM
(19-07-2016 07:58 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, it's clearly a reference to Jesus, unless we're suppose to believe there was another Christ at the time, who was crucified under Pilate, that gave rise to a following that went by Christians, and for whom a "mischievous superstition" arose and spread in the wake of his death.

Only because you wish it so.

Many were crucified in Roman times. 8000 along the Appian way after the Spartacus revolution.

We require real proof. Not hearsay from nearly 2000 years ago. And wasn't Jesus meant to return before his disciples died? It says so in scripture. He's rather late, don't you think?

Banjo.
19-07-2016, 08:07 PM
(19-07-2016 07:58 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Your reference to Chrestus in Tacitus does not say Jesus! Read the damned book!

Tacitus Annals.

No, it's clearly a reference to Jesus, unless we're suppose to believe there was another Christ at the time, who was crucified under Pilate, that gave rise to a following that went by the name Christians, and for whom a "mischievous superstition" arose and spread in the wake of his death.

There was a Jewish Chrestus in Rome, 20 years earlier. Tacitus does not say "Christus", he said "Chrestus", but called "Christians" correctly. You have no clue what he meant, or what you're talking about. For someone who says he needs no Jebus, you SURE do care one hell of a lot about this. Something sure is fishy here.

And speaking of "stupidity", it's *supposed" not "suppose", Mr. Fake PhD.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-07-2016, 08:08 PM
(19-07-2016 08:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 07:58 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, it's clearly a reference to Jesus, unless we're suppose to believe there was another Christ at the time, who was crucified under Pilate, that gave rise to a following that went by Christians, and for whom a "mischievous superstition" arose and spread in the wake of his death.

Many were crucified in Roman times. 8000 along the Appian way after the Spartacus revolution.

We require real proof. Not hearsay from nearly 2000 years ago. And wasn't Jesus meant to return before his disciples died? It says so in scripture. He's rather late, don't you think?

Well by golly we'll just invent a time machine so you can go back in time and see for yourself.

Even if you seen it with your own two eyes I think you would still scream forgery.

Big Grin
19-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(19-07-2016 08:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

So many Christs were crucified under the rule of Pilate, that developed a following and a "mischievous superstition" in the wake of their death, and went by the name of Christians, and continued to exist at the time of Tacitus as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Military career of Mohammed. Just a Wiki link.

Banjo.