Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
19-07-2016, 08:11 PM
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(19-07-2016 08:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Only because you wish it so.

Many were crucified in Roman times. 8000 along the Appian way after the Spartacus revolution.

We require real proof. Not hearsay from nearly 2000 years ago. And wasn't Jesus meant to return before his disciples died? It says so in scripture. He's rather late, don't you think?

So many Christs were crucified under the rule of Pilate, that developed a following and a "mischievous superstition" in the wake of their death, and went by the name of Christians, and continued to exist at the time of Tacitus as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the time of Tacitus, xians were so small in number most Romans did not know they existed. Have you not read Pliny the younger?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 08:11 PM
(19-07-2016 08:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Only because you wish it so.

Many were crucified in Roman times. 8000 along the Appian way after the Spartacus revolution.

We require real proof. Not hearsay from nearly 2000 years ago. And wasn't Jesus meant to return before his disciples died? It says so in scripture. He's rather late, don't you think?

So many Christs were crucified under the rule of Pilate, that developed a following and a "mischievous superstition" in the wake of their death, and went by the name of Christians, and existed at till the time of Tacitus as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know. I keep asking for evidence of another person entitled Christ other than Jesus (John the Christ, Marvin the Christ, Any-Fucking-Thing Christ) and I have resigned myself to believing that Jesus will come back before I get an answer.

Big Grin
19-07-2016, 08:13 PM
(19-07-2016 08:11 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Yeah I know. I keep asking for evidence of another person entitled Christ other than Jesus (John the Christ, Marvin the Christ, Any-Fucking-Thing Christ) and I have resigned myself to believing that Jesus will come back before I get an answer.

Big Grin

He who makes the assertion must provide evidence. We keep asking. You keep failing.

Provide some real evidence and I will believe.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
19-07-2016, 08:16 PM
(19-07-2016 08:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:11 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Yeah I know. I keep asking for evidence of another person entitled Christ other than Jesus (John the Christ, Marvin the Christ, Any-Fucking-Thing Christ) and I have resigned myself to believing that Jesus will come back before I get an answer.

Big Grin

He who makes the assertion must provide evidence. We keep asking. You keep failing.

Provide some real evidence and I will believe.

Are you kidding me? You wouldn't believe it even if Jesus came back and banged you over the head with his cross and said, "You be my bitch now, boi!"

Big Grin
19-07-2016, 08:21 PM
(19-07-2016 08:16 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Are you kidding me? You wouldn't believe it even if Jesus came back and banged you over the head with his cross and said, "You be my bitch now, boi!"

Big Grin

Hearsay won't stand up in law court. You expect it to here? Why?

All you have shown me is that you have no understanding of xian history or the meaning of the word evidence.

evidence
ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/Submit
noun
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
"the study finds little evidence of overt discrimination"
synonyms: proof, confirmation, verification, substantiation, corroboration, affirmation, authentication, attestation, documentation; More
verb
be or show evidence of.
"the quality of the bracelet, as evidenced by the workmanship, is exceptional"
synonyms: indicate, show, reveal, be evidence of, display, exhibit, manifest, denote, evince, signify;

Banjo.
19-07-2016, 08:24 PM
(19-07-2016 08:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:16 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Are you kidding me? You wouldn't believe it even if Jesus came back and banged you over the head with his cross and said, "You be my bitch now, boi!"

Big Grin

Hearsay won't stand up in law court. You expect it to here? Why?

All you have shown me is that you have no understanding of xian history or the meaning of the word evidence.

[b]evidence
ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/Submit
noun
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Yep, and that's easily been met with an abundance of evidence. And again, it doesn't matter that you don't think it is evidence. It's virtually unanimous from all experts in the field that it is, in fact, solid evidence.
19-07-2016, 08:27 PM
(19-07-2016 08:24 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:21 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hearsay won't stand up in law court. You expect it to here? Why?

[b]evidence
ˈɛvɪd(ə)ns/Submit
noun

Yep, and that's easily been met with an abundance of evidence. And again, it doesn't matter that you don't think it is evidence. It's virtually unanimous from all experts in the field that it is, in fact, solid evidence.

Were it proven, this discussion would not be taking place.

Banjo.
19-07-2016, 08:28 PM
(19-07-2016 08:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:24 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Yep, and that's easily been met with an abundance of evidence. And again, it doesn't matter that you don't think it is evidence. It's virtually unanimous from all experts in the field that it is, in fact, solid evidence.

Were it proven, this discussion would not be taking place.

Where did you get the idea that history is determined only by conclusive proof?
19-07-2016, 08:52 PM
(19-07-2016 01:37 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  I am a seasonal instructor. I have a Masters. The reason they call it a "Masters" is because I am a master of the subject, which is an expert. It's what is required here where I work.

In What Subject Do You Have A Masters Degree?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
19-07-2016, 09:13 PM
(19-07-2016 08:52 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 01:37 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  I am a seasonal instructor. I have a Masters. The reason they call it a "Masters" is because I am a master of the subject, which is an expert. It's what is required here where I work.

In What Subject Do You Have A Masters Degree?

MA in History

McGill University