Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
19-07-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(19-07-2016 09:13 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:52 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  In What Subject Do You Have A Masters Degree?

MA in History

McGill University

OK. Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 09:19 PM
(19-07-2016 08:52 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 01:37 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  I am a seasonal instructor. I have a Masters. The reason they call it a "Masters" is because I am a master of the subject, which is an expert. It's what is required here where I work.

In What Subject Do You Have A Masters Degree?

I am even more curious about which disciplines there are where an instructor who has a Masters can only get seasonal work.

#sigh
19-07-2016, 09:26 PM
(19-07-2016 09:13 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  MA in History

McGill University

Solid credentials. McGill is top tier.

#sigh
19-07-2016, 09:32 PM
(19-07-2016 09:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Solid credentials. McGill is top tier.

Yeah. Just wanted some clarification. He answered my question. I'm happy now. Wink

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
19-07-2016, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 09:39 PM by GoingUp.)
(19-07-2016 09:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:52 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  In What Subject Do You Have A Masters Degree?

I am even more curious about which disciplines there are where an instructor who has a Masters can only get seasonal work.

I am damn lucky to even get that. You have no idea how competitive it is for the few positions available in Canada. Trust me when i say that when I got that job I had horse shoes firmly lodged up my ass.

The course required me to demonstrate at least a reading proficiency in another language. I chose French when i should have chosen Italian if I wanted to be more proficient overall in the subject. Most choose German or Italian, but ... because I chose French, and we are a bilingual nation of French and English, I got the job.

And after 15 fucking years I am still fumbling along with French. I can read it, but I don't speak it much at all.
19-07-2016, 09:39 PM
It's a Master's Degree, not a Masters Degree. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-07-2016, 09:55 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 10:12 PM by GoingUp.)
(19-07-2016 09:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's a Master's Degree, not a Masters Degree. Dodgy

We are on teh internets and you wanna to get all grammatical and stuff about it\?

Hobo

Here's your Latin alphabet. If you can pronounce the letter Y in Latin, I will give you 109 billion dollars.

A ā
B bē
C cē
D dē
E ē
F ef
G gē
Hā hā
I ī
K kā
L el
M em
N en
O ō
P pē
Q qū
R er
S es
T tē
V ū
X ēks
Y ī graēca
Z zēta

You will notice that there is no J, U, or W in the Alphabet. That's because some Roman just hated some Juw.

Laugh out load

Old history joke. Sorry ... sorry ... FOR FUCK SAKES I'M SORRY OKAY?

Weeping
19-07-2016, 10:23 PM
(19-07-2016 09:55 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  I will give you 109 billion dollars.

Cheap SKATE, eh.
Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-07-2016, 01:16 AM
(19-07-2016 08:28 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:27 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Were it proven, this discussion would not be taking place.

Where did you get the idea that history is determined only by conclusive proof?

I am talking about your god. You have a Masters in history??? What period and area?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-07-2016, 03:46 AM
Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(19-07-2016 08:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-07-2016 08:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  So many Christs were crucified under the rule of Pilate, that developed a following and a "mischievous superstition" in the wake of their death, and went by the name of Christians, and continued to exist at the time of Tacitus as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the time of Tacitus, xians were so small in number most Romans did not know they existed. Have you not read Pliny the younger?

Nice dodge, now go back and answer the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."