Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
20-07-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(20-07-2016 08:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 08:34 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  The short list is William C. Morey, Sir William Smith, Kenneth Wellesley and Robert Graves' many works, Suetonius' "The Twelve Caesars" and Tacitus' "Annals" & "Histories," Cassius Dio, all encyclopedias and modern scholarships.

Yeah, at this end you have a guy who owned the entire Loeb library, has seriously studied history from many ages and is good friends with working professors of ancient history.

You need to be specific with this man. In what period is your qualification? And which volumes did you use to gain this qualification. At which school, in which year. I am going to check.

So far you do not seem to me to know very much. A quick internet search of various historians is NOT enough.

BTW. Why no mention of Michael Grant???

I'm serious mate. I study history constantly. I know bullshit when I see it. And I smell a huge pile here.

You studied history? Let's give you a simple test.

Quaeda.m planae carin'is, ut sine noxa siderent; plur.es adpositis utrim'que gub.ernaculis,

Please translate the above to Koine Greek, and then tell me what it says in English.

And let's just prove who can teach who here.

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2016, 09:06 PM
(20-07-2016 09:00 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  You studied history? Let's give you a simple test.

Quaeda.m planae carin'is, ut sine noxa siderent; plur.es adpositis utrim'que gub.ernaculis,

Please translate the above to Koine Greek, and then tell me what it says in English.

Big Grin

I did not claim to study language. I asked for specifics. Please provide them.

I studied Korean history too. I speak a bit, being a master of Korean martial arts and having nearly married a Korean woman.

I also studied the Mongols. I cannot speak Mongolian.

I am not a historian by trade. I am a musician who has actually been reading history all his life. I was about to study Latin when I fell ill because I'd run out of translations.

Now, can I have those specifics?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
20-07-2016, 09:15 PM
(20-07-2016 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:00 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  You studied history? Let's give you a simple test.

Big Grin

I did not claim to study language. I asked for specifics. Please provide them.

I studied Korean history too. I speak a bit, being a master of Korean martial arts and having nearly married a Korean woman.

I am not a historian by trade. I am a musician who has actually been reading history all his life. I was about to study Latin when I fell ill because I'd run out of translations.

Now now ... you called me out.

So I am going to prove to everybody who reads this that you are so full of shit I can smell you up here in Canada.

I will even give you a fucking hint. The Latin is from your own fucking Loeb library, which you claim to own. Look it up.

You started this, but I fucking guarantee I will finish it, no doubt whatsoever.
20-07-2016, 09:19 PM
(20-07-2016 09:15 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I did not claim to study language. I asked for specifics. Please provide them.

So I am going to prove to everybody who reads this that you are so full of shit I can smell you up here in Canada.

I will even give you a fucking hint. The Latin is from your own fucking Loeb library, which you claim to own. Look it up.

You started this, but I fucking guarantee I will finish it, no doubt whatsoever.

I sold my library when I became sick. I only kept two volumes by Julian. (I like him)

You, newbie, need to post your specifics. You keep avoiding them.

I am well known on this site and people are used to me and I have a reputation.

Now I must leave for the hospital as I have serious appointments. I'd love to see those specifics when I return.

Cheers. Chemo awaits no man.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-07-2016, 09:19 PM
(20-07-2016 09:15 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I did not claim to study language. I asked for specifics. Please provide them.

And you feel like going all asshole why? My guess it's because you're basically an asshole. An underemployed undercompensated resentful asshole.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-07-2016, 09:33 PM
(20-07-2016 09:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:15 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Now now ... you called me out.

I sold my library when I became sick. I only kept two volumes by Julian. (I like him)

You, newbie, need to post your specifics. You keep avoiding them.

I am well known on this site and people are used to me and I have a reputation.

Now I must leave for the hospital as I have serious appointments. I'd love to see those specifics when I return.

Cheers. Chemo awaits no man.

My specifics have been posted. My very short list of books and resources I use are posted.

And you have no fucking clue that you are speaking to me as if I have a PHd, which I don't. Since you have not walked the walk as professional you have no idea what is expected of an instructor. As an instructor you are expected to continue the education long after graduation if you want to stay employed. If i don't learn all i can in ALL those areas, I simply will be out of a job. So either I stand out from the crowd, or I get my walking papers.

If I had a PHd life would be easier. THEN i could just concentrate on a single area and make a good living on that alone.

Mind you, I know a couple of PHd's up here who are not employed.
20-07-2016, 09:35 PM
(20-07-2016 09:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:15 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  Now now ... you called me out.

And you feel like going all asshole why? My guess it's because you're basically an asshole. An underemployed undercompensated resentful asshole.

*Nods*

That's probably the truth. But I am gainfully employed.
20-07-2016, 09:40 PM
(20-07-2016 09:35 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And you feel like going all asshole why? My guess it's because you're basically an asshole. An underemployed undercompensated resentful asshole.

*Nods*

So is Bob.
And the moonlighting job as god probably pays OK too.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-07-2016, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2016 10:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-07-2016 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:35 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  *Nods*

So is Bob.

Aliza's keeping track of the books. I know I know never trust a kike with the books.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-07-2016, 10:03 PM
(20-07-2016 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 09:35 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  *Nods*

So is Bob.

Nah, I'm pretty sure he does that pro bono.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post