Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
21-07-2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(21-07-2016 08:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't think you pay attention. When atheists here find their arguments being chopped in half, the start going after the poster, asking what his credentials are, whether he has a degree, etc. Goingup from what I remember only indicated his credentials not to his bolster his arguments, but by the instigation of others.

Kinda like your bullshit fake Christianity-which-needs-no-Jebus ?
You were asked to define these people (atheists) you cannot help yourself making generalizations about. You never did, in light of the very "nuanced" Christian writers you bitched about us having no knowledge of, (Tillich).

You have "chopped" nothing in half, except our opinion of your lying ass. You lied about why you are posting here. You lied about your credentials.

How does it feel to "eat crows" ? Laughat

Still waiting for your reply to your lies about what Catholics believe about James and Jesus' family, ignoramus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-07-2016, 08:45 AM
(21-07-2016 08:13 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 07:49 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No it wasn't as i clearly said if the body is cleansed it can be buried close by as the in the mount. but the mount as all cemeteries( which you didn't bring up you only brought op the mount )in the holy city thus it's clean .But as i said a modest of poor village outside the holy city would likely not bury the dead so close as they would not be able to afford the cleansing. as for law i said nothing about laws it's a custom based on the belief that the dead were unclean .

see above

see above

see above

How long are you gonna keep your charade up?

How long are going to maintain the presumption of understanding my culture and heritage better then i do considering (I'M A FUCKING JEW)

You'll have to get used to that -- he does it to everybody. He's a fucking mindreader -- he knows what everyone is thinking, and why, and how much they know, better than they do themselves. And he seems to think that all atheists have identical thoughts and beliefs and opinions. Of course, he could disabuse himself of that notion by just taking a look at some of the politics threads, but then he would actually learn something about us, and we can't have that, can we?
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
21-07-2016, 08:49 AM
(21-07-2016 08:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You'll have to get used to that -- he does it to everybody. He's a fucking mindreader -- he knows what everyone is thinking, and why, and how much they know, better than they do themselves. And he seems to think that all atheists have identical thoughts and beliefs and opinions. Of course, he could disabuse himself of that notion by just taking a look at some of the politics threads, but then he would actually learn something about us, and we can't have that, can we?

OrdoSkeptica, appealed to his Jewish cultural background, as his sole support for his claims regarding Jewish cemetery placement, he appealed to it when asked to cite the religious laws governing the placement of burial sites.

It involved no "mind reading" as your put it, in fact it was solely in regards to Jewish guidelines regarding burial, and the placement of burial sites, not in regards to OrdoSkeptica himself. And what appears to be his frustration, that I just don't take his word on it, based on the fact that he's a cultural jew. Because other that I don't see why his Jewishness is even relevant to this discussion.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-07-2016, 09:01 AM
(21-07-2016 08:49 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You'll have to get used to that -- he does it to everybody. He's a fucking mindreader -- he knows what everyone is thinking, and why, and how much they know, better than they do themselves. And he seems to think that all atheists have identical thoughts and beliefs and opinions. Of course, he could disabuse himself of that notion by just taking a look at some of the politics threads, but then he would actually learn something about us, and we can't have that, can we?

OrdoSkeptica, appealed to his Jewish cultural background, as his sole support for his claims regarding Jewish cemetery placement, he appealed to it when asked to cite the religious laws governing the placement of burial sites.

It involved no "mind reading" as your put it, in fact it was solely in regards to Jewish guidelines regarding burial, and the placement of burial sites, not in regards to OrdoSkeptica himself. And what appears to be his frustration, that I just don't take his word on it, based on the fact that he's a cultural jew. Because other that I don't see why his Jewishness is even relevant to this discussion.

And you know him so well that you know he's only a "cultural" Jew, and can't possibly know anything about Jewish religious laws and practices? How did you manage that?

Let me guess: you actually don't know anything of the sort, and are engaging in your usual faux mindreading. From reading a few lines on an internet post, you think you know everything about him. I think you're full of shit.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-07-2016, 09:06 AM
(21-07-2016 09:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 08:49 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  OrdoSkeptica, appealed to his Jewish cultural background, as his sole support for his claims regarding Jewish cemetery placement, he appealed to it when asked to cite the religious laws governing the placement of burial sites.

And you know him so well that you know he's only a "cultural" Jew, and can't possibly know anything about Jewish religious laws and practices? How did you manage that?

Let me guess: you actually don't know anything of the sort, and are engaging in your usual faux mindreading. From reading a few lines on an internet post, you think you know everything about him. I think you're full of shit.

Yes, I went ahead and briefly read through some of his post here, where he indicated he was an atheist. I'm not absolutely certain about this, but it does seem to be the case from his posting history. He can correct me if I'm wrong. And knowing one or two things about someone, doesn't mean you know everything about them.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
21-07-2016, 09:23 AM
(21-07-2016 09:06 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  And you know him so well that you know he's only a "cultural" Jew, and can't possibly know anything about Jewish religious laws and practices? How did you manage that?

Yes, I went ahead and briefly read through some of his post here, where he indicated he was an atheist. I'm not absolutely certain about this, but it does seem to be the case from his posting history. He can correct me if I'm wrong. And knowing one or two things about someone, doesn't mean you know everything about them.

..yeah, like its a "she", which you could have found out in the first place with a single click.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
21-07-2016, 09:52 AM
(21-07-2016 09:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:06 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes, I went ahead and briefly read through some of his post here, where he indicated he was an atheist. I'm not absolutely certain about this, but it does seem to be the case from his posting history. He can correct me if I'm wrong. And knowing one or two things about someone, doesn't mean you know everything about them.

..yeah, like its a "she", which you could have found out in the first place with a single click.

My mistake, a "she".

21-07-2016, 10:07 AM
(21-07-2016 09:23 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:06 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes, I went ahead and briefly read through some of his post here, where he indicated he was an atheist. I'm not absolutely certain about this, but it does seem to be the case from his posting history. He can correct me if I'm wrong. And knowing one or two things about someone, doesn't mean you know everything about them.

Oops. I missed that, too. sorry.

Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-07-2016, 10:08 AM
First off the majority of your objections are just personal attacks on Rene yup hes not an archaeologist that doesn't matter really deal with his actual objections not his credentials as for writing a book against the existence of Nazareth that still doesn't deal with his arguments as for not linking the article nor quoting it why should he? how will that effect what he's arguing ?Why should the head Archaeologist instantly be given unquestioning credibility and what they say shouldn't be ex aimed?.as for the email the fact that the author chooses to remain unnamed dose not take away from the argument in the email nor dose the authors endorsement of Rene's book .so your just spinning wheels attack the man and the arguments.

As for what me being Jewish has to do with anything oh i don't know the fact we still (orthodox)jews still preform the cleansing rituals now the fact Jerusalem is still considered pure and able to contain the taint of death. The fact the dead are still viewed as unclean the only difference is everyone gets cleansed now.

I don't know the fact before becoming an atheist i gave up orthodoxy because it didn't allow woman to become rabbi's the fact that 3 of my uncles are Rabbi's and i wanted to be one so i went too.so i went BC joined a radical sect trained under there rabbi 2 years before realizing Judaism religious idea's didn't make sense the rest is history .

As for citing the law as i said it not a law it's a theological principle turned into a custom but it's based on laws about cleanliness. the dead,,pork,shellfish,manstral blood,shit,are all unclean and anything touched or around them will also be unclean. Which is why if you bury the dead near by you tainting you home and your lands with unclean things which means evil spirts ,demons, bad omens, will come . So it either has to be burnt or cleansed but cleansing was expensive so the cheapest way was to bury outside the town. But in the holy city it's different as the city as it founded and graced by holy blood. And thus cleansing is a way of making sure we not sticking our filthy corpses uncleaned in gods nice clean holy dirt. and being holy and the corpse being clensed keeps the evil away .

so yeah

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
21-07-2016, 10:11 AM
(21-07-2016 08:02 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 07:46 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Sigh you misread me again i meant that nothing in AAI report backs there Yardends wild claims did you even read the article i linked ?

You mean the article by Rene Salm the non-archaeologist, that doesn't actually quote anything from the AAI, or links to the article? Apparently he's supposed to be a more reliable source, than the fucking excavation director of the dig.

If you don't realize Rene Salm is the guy who wrote a book on Nazareth didn't exist, and what even funnier is that he quotes his suppose prominent archaeologist friend, who isn't named, and who also at the end of his supposed email to Salm, endorses everyone to purchases Salm's book, lol.

[Image: giphy.gif]