Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
21-07-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
as for your criticisms of Rene once again you place unjustified confidence in the team .(even thou they also have a massive motivation to lie) Just because they were there sorry that's not good enough i'm interested in there justification for there findings. there methods etc and Rene dose a excellent job throughout his site showing there justifications to be weak .

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2016, 02:10 PM
(21-07-2016 02:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I already know the answer to that. I do it to point out the silliness of your posts, threads, and arguments. Why do I do that? For my own amusement. Sue me.

Actually you don't even do that. I don't think you responded to any actual argument regarding historicity made by me or Goingon, you've obsessed more about his degree, and behavior that any arguments he's made.

The only criticism you seem to have to offer are in regards to the person themselves, and not any of their actual arguments.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-07-2016, 02:13 PM
(21-07-2016 12:45 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 12:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to show you a proper response from an educated individual with a Master's Degree in the topic at hand. Thumbsup

You are right, that is exactly the proper response any troll will get when it is obvious he is lying about my position and then denying he's lying.

And it doesn't bother me one bit.

Big Grin

Oh by the way, I guess since you are singling me out then that must mean that there is not one single other professional on this forum who doesn't do the same thing when they attack theists?

Fucking hypocrite.

Drinking Beverage
I love that such a simple statement sent him off the deep end... lol
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
21-07-2016, 02:19 PM
(21-07-2016 02:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 02:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I already know the answer to that. I do it to point out the silliness of your posts, threads, and arguments. Why do I do that? For my own amusement. Sue me.

Actually you don't even do that. I don't think you responded to any actual argument regarding historicity made by me or Goingon, you've obsessed more about his degree, and behavior that any arguments he's made.

The only criticism you seem to have to offer are in regards to the person themselves, and not any of their actual arguments.

The fuck I know about ancient history? Of course the only criticism I have is in regards to the behavior of the posters. And I feel qualified to comment on a poster's behavior so I do. Deal with it.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-07-2016, 02:21 PM
(21-07-2016 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 02:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Actually you don't even do that. I don't think you responded to any actual argument regarding historicity made by me or Goingon, you've obsessed more about his degree, and behavior that any arguments he's made.

The fuck I know about ancient history? Of course the only criticism I have is in regards to the behavior of the posters. And I feel qualified to comment on a poster's behavior so I do. Deal with it.

Not to mention that the "arguments" aren't worth addressing.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-07-2016, 02:23 PM
(21-07-2016 02:09 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  as for your criticisms of Rene once again you place unjustified confidence in the team .(even thou they also have a massive motivation to lie) Just because they were there sorry that's not good enough i'm interested in there justification for there findings. there methods etc and Rene dose a excellent job throughout his site showing there justifications to be weak .

So a team of Israeli archaeologist, sponsored by the Israeli government, are massively motivated to lie about a dig site more significant to Christians than Jews.

And instead we're suppose to trust an individual whose not an archaeologist himself, trying to sell a book he wrote about Nazareth not existing, whose never actually been to the dig site, ever looked at the items that were dug up, and bases his own views on the reports of the same individuals you claimed aren't to be trusted?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-07-2016, 02:25 PM
(21-07-2016 02:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

oh the irony

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
21-07-2016, 02:26 PM
(21-07-2016 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck I know about ancient history? Of course the only criticism I have is in regards to the behavior of the posters. And I feel qualified to comment on a poster's behavior so I do. Deal with it.

But that doesn't answer why. What do you get out of participating in thread solely to comment on a poster's behavior? If it's not for a sense of sanctimony?

21-07-2016, 02:28 PM
(21-07-2016 02:26 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck I know about ancient history? Of course the only criticism I have is in regards to the behavior of the posters. And I feel qualified to comment on a poster's behavior so I do. Deal with it.

But that doesn't answer why. What do you get out of participating in thread solely to comment on a poster's behavior? If it's not for a sense of sanctimony?

Goddam you're dull. It's because I'm fucking bored fool. Goddam you're dim.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2016, 02:30 PM
(20-07-2016 06:49 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(20-07-2016 04:13 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  HOWEVER. I would have to ask, is intensive study the best method for finding God/Jesus? The average joe will not go threw such intensive digging or attempt to reach a "masters" level education. Nor dose it hold ground work for people's beliefs or acceptance.

Anybody who goes through intensive study to find God/Jesus already has a disposition of strong belief, and would be better off not wasting his lifetime researching, but rather he should put a bullet through his own head so he can get his stupid ass to heaven and meet his god in an effort to find out once and for all.

I mean, it's only practical, right?

Consider

I think you lost me.

Are you suggesting the only way to truly know God one would have to commit suicide?

I know one must read internet comments with a tone of snarky sarcasm, so I think that's how I suppose to read your post but i'm unsure.

Or perhaps you've read my question in that tone. I was trying to ask a ligament question. I asked because you are a person that is making the claim that you have a position of authority. You have made numerous post about how everyone else is inferior to your level of knowledge and intellect. You said you have a master's in ancient Roman History. (Which school Stanford, Yale, NYU?)

I'm coming from position of accepted ignorance on the subject. I am neater a mythisit nor a must have been true. Thou I can see points from ether side. I feel that should a man that could be ether attributed to creation of the Jesus character had been alive it most likely was greatly embellished upon. Now why would I think this. What grounds dose a simpleton such as myself have for questioning the divinity of a 2000 year old leader that may or may not have existed.

An example.

This is Vissarion (Russian for He who gives new life) birth name Sergey Anatolyevitch Torop. His claim is that he is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ.

[Image: jesus-of-siberia.jpg]

It has been estimated that he has 10,000 adherents. (if not much more) it's one of the more peaceful cults that I am aware of. He has colonies in Siberia and Germany. His followers call him Christ incarnate. We can see the city he was born in, we can see his "teachings" (personally it sounds to me like the ramblings of a mad man) and we can talk to personal witness's that have seen his magical healing abilities. The push a lot of hippie stuff. like vegetarianism, no vices (drugs, alcohol, cigs), no money (any money earned goes to "Jesus".) and the have strict daily routine.

He is not separated by 2,000 years ether, he's alive right now. He's been running this church/cult since since the early 90's and has been seen as an official religion since 1995. Children have been born and raised in this community and have full acceptance of his divinity. In fact one of his 2 wives was raised from the age of 7 and when she turned 19 they got married.

So my questions would be
Dose this prove his divinity?
Would taking the word of one of his followers be the best way of learning his abilities?
Would taking the word of a person that visited one of the compounds once or twice be the best way of confirming his abilities?
If Russian authority's killed him, and his followers said he died for the sins of all people would that change your belief in him?
What requirements would you need to accept Vissarion as the reincarnation of Jesus?

[Image: new+Jesus1.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post