Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
05-07-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(04-07-2016 10:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. You said what it means *to you*.
No Christian community shares your heretical ideas.
You defined it for yourself.

I defined it a way the encompasses all these Christian communities. You asked me to define it, I did, but apparently your unsatisfied with my definition. So let's see yours.

How about you define it for me, so that we can easily tell who Christians are and not. That way we can have answers as to whether John Dominic Crossan, Marcus Borg, MLK are Christians.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2016, 06:05 AM
(04-07-2016 10:14 PM)Foxen Wrote:  Being a Christian merely means one believes in Jesus. Anything after that is silly dogma.

Not according to Bucky.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
05-07-2016, 06:07 AM
(05-07-2016 03:22 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Oops! I think you got your dates confused. James was executed in 62 CE, many decades after your (possible) Jeebus.

No, I think you're confused, because I didn't say anything about dates.

05-07-2016, 06:12 AM
(05-07-2016 05:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Then, after they go to all the trouble to somehow engage the Romans in a trial which was totally unnecessary, (he caused a ruckus in the temple, for which he was liable for execution anyway in the Pax Romana), there are reports he was re-animated, THE first human in all of history ..... and despite all the trouble to get the execution accomplished, not one Roman or Jewish posse is assembled to go to try to find this remarkable brother of yours. He must have been some dude. Facepalm

No he's not the first human in all of history whose been claimed to have been re-animated. A preacher named Reinhold Benke, even raised a Nigerian man from the dead, so did Robby Dawkins, and others. Yet it didn't make front page news.

05-07-2016, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 06:41 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-07-2016 06:12 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 05:36 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Then, after they go to all the trouble to somehow engage the Romans in a trial which was totally unnecessary, (he caused a ruckus in the temple, for which he was liable for execution anyway in the Pax Romana), there are reports he was re-animated, THE first human in all of history ..... and despite all the trouble to get the execution accomplished, not one Roman or Jewish posse is assembled to go to try to find this remarkable brother of yours. He must have been some dude. Facepalm

No he's not the first human in all of history whose been claimed to have been re-animated. A preacher named Reinhold Benke, even raised a Nigerian man from the dead, so did Robby Dawkins, and others. Yet it didn't make front page news.

No they didn't. No dead human has ever been re-animated. Ever. You may be gullible to buy this shit, but it's not medically possible.... and certainly the people we are talking about knew nothing of what you are talking. Your grasp of science is even worse than we thought ... but then ... ya know ... Parrot University, that *prestigious* place. We know, dear.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-07-2016, 06:40 AM
(05-07-2016 06:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 10:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No. You said what it means *to you*.
No Christian community shares your heretical ideas.
You defined it for yourself.

I defined it a way the encompasses all these Christian communities. You asked me to define it, I did, but apparently your unsatisfied with my definition. So let's see yours.

How about you define it for me, so that we can easily tell who Christians are and not. That way we can have answers as to whether John Dominic Crossan, Marcus Borg, MLK are Christians.

No you didn't. Your BS would be considered heretical and non-Christian in these communities. You even said it's still "Christianity" without Jebus. IF you had a job in any of these communities, you would get fired. You defined it into oblivion ... to the point it has no actual meaning, so you can obfuscate and *do* your internet BS attention seeking schtick.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-07-2016, 06:48 AM
(05-07-2016 06:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No you didn't. Your BS would be considered heretical and non-Christian in these communities. You even said it's still "Christianity" without Jebus. IF you had a job in any of these communities, you would get fired. You defined it into oblivion ... to the point it has no actual meaning, so you can obfuscate and *do* your internet BS attention seeking schtick.

Apparently you know these communities well, yet these communities often tend to adore and accept individuals like Bonhoeffer, though you suggest he's an atheists, lol.

But please define what it means to be a christian, so that I can tell when others are christians or not.

05-07-2016, 07:06 AM
(05-07-2016 06:48 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  But please define what it means to be a christian, so that I can tell when others are christians or not.

Apparently you think that can be done in the absence of a Jesus. No Christian community buys that.

They don't "adore" anyone except their gods.
At the end of his life, Bonhoeffer said people should live as if there were no god.
He was an atheist, no matter how anyone cares to paint it.

But we all know, King Weasel of Equivocation, otherwise known as Tomato, can figure out some way to muddy the waters,

You forgot to include Josephus and James in that post. How could you ?

05-07-2016, 07:34 AM
(05-07-2016 07:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Apparently you think that can be done in the absence of a Jesus. No Christian community buys that.

Do you make it a habit of constantly contradicting yourself.

Is it true that no Christian community buys that, or was there possibly an early christian community that believed in a non-historical Jesus? Carrier suggests that the Paul didn't believe in a historical Jesus, so would that mean Paul isn't a christian either? (or at least the writers of Paul).

And please define what it means to be a Christian, so that we can use the criteria and determine which self-identifying christians are actually christians and not.

Quote:At the end of his life, Bonhoeffer said people should live as if there were no god.

He didn't say that at the end of his life dishonest one, but through out his life, clearly you haven't read any work outside a few passage from the Letters and Papers from Prison, which I quote several passages from his final letters that unequivocally prove that he was no atheists, and that you were just quote mining him.

Lying for atheism is your new shtick?

05-07-2016, 09:11 AM
(05-07-2016 07:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 07:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Apparently you think that can be done in the absence of a Jesus. No Christian community buys that.

Do you make it a habit of constantly contradicting yourself.

Is it true that no Christian community buys that, or was there possibly an early christian community that believed in a non-historical Jesus? Carrier suggests that the Paul didn't believe in a historical Jesus, so would that mean Paul isn't a christian either? (or at least the writers of Paul).

And please define what it means to be a Christian, so that we can use the criteria and determine which self-identifying christians are actually christians and not.

Quote:At the end of his life, Bonhoeffer said people should live as if there were no god.

He didn't say that at the end of his life dishonest one, but through out his life, clearly you haven't read any work outside a few passage from the Letters and Papers from Prison, which I quote several passages from his final letters that unequivocally prove that he was no atheists, and that you were just quote mining him.

Lying for atheism is your new shtick?

No Christian semonizer could read what he said in his letters and remain in their job, and you know it, delusional one.

" He said : "the concept of God as a "supreme Being, absolute in power and goodness," was a "spurious conception of transcendence," and that "God as a working hypothesis in morals, politics, and science ... should be dropped, or as far as possible eliminated" ! That ain't no Christian. (He also denied the Virgin Birth, The Cost of Discipleship, p. 215). He was an evolutionist (No Rusty Swords, p. 143), and believed that the book of Genesis was scientifically naive and full of myths (Creation and Fall: A Theological Interpretation of Genesis 1-3). He denied the "verbal-plenary" inspiration of scripture, believing that the Bible was only a "witness" to the Word of God and becomes the Word of God only when it "speaks" to an individual; otherwise, it was simply the word of man/men (Testimony to Freedom, pp. 9, 104; Sanctorum Communio, p. 161). To Bonhoeffer, the Bible was meant "to be expounded as a witness, not as a book of wisdom, a teaching book, a book of eternal truth" (No Rusty Swords, p. 118). He also believed in the value of higher criticism/historical criticism, which is a denial of the inerrancy and authenticity of the Bible (Christ the Center, pp. 73-74). He had no faith in the physical resurrection of Christ. Bonhoeffer believed the "historicity" of the Resurrection was in "the realm of ambiguity," and that it was one of the "mythological" elements of Christianity that "must be interpreted in such a way as not to make religion a pre-condition of faith." He also believed that "Belief in the Resurrection is not the solution of the problem of death," and that such things as miracles and the ascension of Christ were "mythological conceptions" as well (Christ the Center, p. 112). "

YOU still have never once presented ONE paper/written work here, on ANY subject.