Contemporary Accounts of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
05-07-2016, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 05:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(05-07-2016 12:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 10:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  YOU, Tomato don't need a Jebus to call yourself a Christian, but it's important that Bonheoffer did buy into the resurrection and other cultic BS ?
Consider

It's not important to me what Bonhoeffer believed. He could have converted to Islam for all I care. But unlike you, I've actually read Bonhoeffer, so it's quite easy to spot when someone such yourself peddles bullshit.

What is interesting to me, is your claims of his death bed confession of atheism, your lying for atheism. Your pathetic attempt to deflect from confessing that your assertions of him were false, even when provided quote after quote, even from his final letters to Eberhard.

This is not a question of ambiguity here, your position is unequivocally false. Either you're too stupid to realize that, or you're just a liar. You pick.

How Christian of you, dear.
I never said he had a "death bed" conversion. You're also lying about my "lying for atheism". I was surprised to read what he was saying in the book. I simply recounted what I read. I will check my quotes and repeat them. I get that a fool from Parrot University NEEDS to have his bullshit support be true.

You're the bullshitter/lair here. You claimed to be here to learn. In fact you are here to place yourself on a pedestal, and play "superior", Mr. "twisted"/"polluted".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-07-2016, 03:53 PM
(05-07-2016 03:33 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 12:11 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  It's meaningless, since my position has always been about Jesus being but a mere man, and that the gospel stories embellish the life of that same mere man. Therefore, of course there is not going to be any external records of a 3 hour eclipse, walking zombie, et al.

If people want to think that we need to see external records of those crazy embellishments to ascertain that he may have existed as a mere man, then obviously he wouldn't have existed as a mere man, now would he?

His position has been presented as if the only position regarding Jesus must, by necessity, employ the embellishments of his life.

It has nothing to do with my position, or the position of the vast majority of scholars. It's apples and oranges.

You STILL haven't explained your stance. What's the big deal whether Jeebus existed or not? Remove the supernatural/ridiculous part of the spiel, and you're left with nothing that means anything, so why is it so important to you?

It's not a big deal if he existed or not. I just like to debate that he did for the sake of entertaining myself.

Why is it so important to you that he didn't exist? After all, you write an almost 700 page book concerning it.
05-07-2016, 04:02 PM
(05-07-2016 03:53 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 03:33 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You STILL haven't explained your stance. What's the big deal whether Jeebus existed or not? Remove the supernatural/ridiculous part of the spiel, and you're left with nothing that means anything, so why is it so important to you?

It's not a big deal if he existed or not. I just like to debate that he did for the sake of entertaining myself.

Why is it so important to you that he didn't exist? After all, you write an almost 700 page book concerning it.

You have dodged giving a satisfactory answer. How about you get real and come clean?

Here are my reasons for exposing Christianity as false...

http://www.markfulton.org/the-psychologi...istianity/

http://www.markfulton.org/christianity-a...l-society/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2016, 04:50 PM
(05-07-2016 04:02 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 03:53 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  It's not a big deal if he existed or not. I just like to debate that he did for the sake of entertaining myself.

You have dodged giving a satisfactory answer. How about you get real and come clean?

That`s my answer, and that is not a dodge at all. I have no religious beliefs at all.

And all religions are false, so no exposure of them is really necessary.
05-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Mark, I just saw this on your blog:

[Image: 395725976_12f3ce5f0c-300x157.jpg]

Does that say "Jesus Chris Cross", or am I reading it wrong? Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
05-07-2016, 06:28 PM
(05-07-2016 03:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 12:01 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  It's not important to me what Bonhoeffer believed. He could have converted to Islam for all I care. But unlike you, I've actually read Bonhoeffer, so it's quite easy to spot when someone such yourself peddles bullshit.

What is interesting to me, is your claims of his death bed confession of atheism, your lying for atheism. Your pathetic attempt to deflect from confessing that your assertions of him were false, even when provided quote after quote, even from his final letters to Eberhard.

This is not a question of ambiguity here, your position is unequivocally false. Either you're too stupid to realize that, or you're just a liar. You pick.

How Christian of you, dear.
I never said he had a "death bed" conversion. You're also lying about my "lying for atheism". I was surprised to read what he was saying in the book. I simply recounted what I read. I will check my quotes and repeat them. I get that a fool from Parrot University NEEDS to have his bullshit support be true.

You're the bullshitter/lair here. You claimed to be here to learn. In fact you are here to place yourself on a pedestal, and play "superior", Mr. "twisted"/"polluted".

Dr. G. Archer Weniger declared, "If there is wholesome food in a garbage can, then one can find some good things in Bonhoeffer, but if it be dangerous to expect to find nourishment in a garbage can, then Bonhoeffer must be totally rejected and repudiated as blasphemy. It is worse than garbage" (FBF Information Bulletin, May 1977, p. 12).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-07-2016, 02:36 AM
(05-07-2016 04:50 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 04:02 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You have dodged giving a satisfactory answer. How about you get real and come clean?

That`s my answer, and that is not a dodge at all. I have no religious beliefs at all.

So why are you using terms like "militant atheist" and "mythicist" in such a negative context? If you have no religious beliefs, and you think "all religions are false," why have you wasted scores of hours posting inflammatory comments about the supposed evidence for an historical Jesus?

Do you care about our world? Do you agree with me about the damage Christianity ( a "false religion") is causing?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2016, 03:04 AM
(05-07-2016 04:50 PM)GoingUp Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 04:02 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You have dodged giving a satisfactory answer. How about you get real and come clean?

Nothing is necessary, why bother about necessity/

There are droves of folks who perhaps might be better inclined to judge for themselves if things are false or not... it's for them that exposure is relevant. It highlights information or drums up questions that many are sometimes too pleased to never ponder.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
06-07-2016, 04:34 AM
Contemporary Accounts of Jesus
(05-07-2016 03:29 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 06:07 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, I think you're confused, because I didn't say anything about dates.

Well, you wrote this...

"They illegally convened to execute James as well, according to Josephus, so it wasn't the first time they illegally convened."

which sounds like you are saying they convened at James' execution prior to Jeebus'

Whatever.

Okay, that was my fault, it should have been "it wasn't the only time".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
06-07-2016, 04:38 AM
(06-07-2016 04:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 03:29 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Well, you wrote this...

"They illegally convened to execute James as well, according to Josephus, so it wasn't the first time they illegally convened."

which sounds like you are saying they convened at James' execution prior to Jeebus'

Whatever.

Okay, that was my fault, it should have been "it wasn't the only time".

Except they made it up. It was Passover weekend, not just a Sabbath.
There is no record of it. Just like there is no record of the temple curtain being torn, yet records of all sorts of other less important events.
It never happened.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post