Contemporary church services

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I was wondering, I've seen so many atheist videos this one was recommended for me to view:

Is this an accurate (well, parody, but "accurate" in a sense) of what church services are now?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: Contemporary church services
A ha havha! Whoa... Flashback! Lol

Yeah, the only thing needed was hoola hoops and dance ribbons to twirl.

Time to spam video Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
27-08-2012, 05:28 PM
PS Evangelical churches have thee best marketing out of all.
27-08-2012, 05:30 PM
(27-08-2012 05:28 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  PS Evangelical churches have thee best marketing out of all.

Tah lawd hath balessed tham wid heavanley douh'.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
27-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Where's Cufflink? We need him to translate the tattoo on the guy's arm.

I've visited some megachurches like this. The peeps I used to run with would have enjoyed the parody since it rips on what the True Believer would call the selling of the Gospel. The background I came from would see this kind of church as little better than not going to church at all! That kind of church also has a bookstore and coffee shop and school on campus. All great money makers. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-08-2012, 06:01 PM
So, I've only been to this type of church a handful of times. One time, the lady singing the intro part did this whole fancy solo thing on the electric piano system and then into the mic she started saying how this day the holy spirit was extra in the room, more than other Sundays. Then she said, "Oh my gosh, here it comes!" and these fans whipped on and blew streamers over the front row above everyone. I didn't know whether to laugh or... laugh (though I just looked at the floor so I wouldn't), but everyone was so into it I think I was the only one that noticed. That was the church that helped me throw in the towel years ago.
27-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Somewhere between the time I was in the 6th grade till early high school, the Catholic church did away with the Latin mass and was jammin' at what they called 'folk masses'. In a desperate attempt to stay relevant, they changed all kinds of rules.

No more babies in Limbo, not sure where they went, meat was allowed on Fridays, females no longer had to wear a hat or a silly little piece of lace on their heads, nuns no longer had to wear habits, Saturday night masses so people could sleep in on Sunday...all those changes in a very short span of time.

All these things contributed to my questioning of the whole inerrant word thing...seems the rules changed often...except for the important ones...like birth control bans.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy