Continuation of Fatima discussion.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2017, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 11:50 AM by sneroul the thinker.)
Continuation of Fatima discussion.
Hello now i know there is an article on this but i fear sense there are already allot of comments it might get unnoticed so decided to start a new one sense i have done a bit of research on to other sun miracles at numerous shrines around the world. some of them have been seen by more people that the one at Fatima and are very similar to the original one for example the virgin Mary was also seen by peasant children. on the article on wikipedia some guy states that mass hysteria is unlikely. this seems to be against Joe nickel and other skeptics I strongly doubt that they missed that fact though. more supporting evidence is that in Revelations 12 mentions that the woman wore a dress that looked like the sun. which by catholic's are believed to be Mary.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: Continuation of Fatima discussion.
(11-01-2017 10:45 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Hello now i know there is an article on this but i fear sense there are already allot of comments it might get unnoticed so decided to start a new one sense i have done a bit of research on to other sun miracles at numerous shrines around the world. some of them have been seen by more people that the one at Fatima and are very similar to the original one for example the virgin Mary was also seen by peasant children. on the article on wikipedia some guy states that mass hysteria is unlikely. this seems to be against Joe nickel and other skeptics I strongly doubt that they missed that fact though. more supporting evidence is that in Revelations 12 mentions that the woman wore a dress that looked like the sun. which by catholic's are believed to be Mart.

Mart ?
You can call him Marty.

Actually if you really knew any real Catholics, you would know that for the most part, they too dismiss this nonsense as "marginal" and unimportant.

Mary (if there ever was such person) is LONG DEAD.
Revelations (one of many --- 100s actually of these types of texts) is evidence of nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-01-2017, 11:50 AM
umm mart was a typo my bad.this is awkward.
11-01-2017, 12:43 PM
More sun miracles does not equal more evidence for God amigo. It just means there are more gullible people.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-01-2017, 12:45 PM
Why continue it? You already had a thread on this topic.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Sorry, but you seem a bit desperate to believe these things.

There is an abundance of evidence to know that the entire Jesus story never happened. Jesus himself may or may not have ever existed, but if he did, he was nothing like Christians portray him. There was never anything magical, miraculous, or extraordinary about Jesus. Therefore, Mary, if she ever existed, certainly doesn't appear to anyone because she is dead. Starting with that, there is a logical explanation to any of these tales. Some explanations were provided in the other thread. Similar stories are likely similar. No mystery.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
11-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Some guy on wikipedia states that mass hysteria is unlikely? Well I say that it is more than likely. What are you gonna to do with that? You will believe me just like that?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
11-01-2017, 01:15 PM
(11-01-2017 12:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why continue it? You already had a thread on this topic.

We didn't fall to our knees and convert -- so he must have said the magic spell wrong........

Keep trying....

abra-fracking-friggin-fuckin-cadabra!!!!!!

You'll get it!!!

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-01-2017, 03:21 PM
(11-01-2017 10:45 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  Hello now I know there is an article on this but I fear since there are already a lot of comments it might get unnoticed [...]

Lúcia de Jesus dos Santos (1907-2005) of Fatima, Portugal, grew up to become a Catholic nun known as Sister Lúcia of Fátima. As a child of nine or ten she and two cousins claimed the Virgin Mary appeared to them in the sky above a field where they were tending sheep...

Lúcia was a person who lived in a "delirious world of infantile fantasies" and suffered "religious hallucinations". That is how ex-friar Mario de Oliveira described her. He went much further in his claims, accusing the clergy of Ourem and the Catholic Church of psychological abuse. Father de Oliveira claims the two children who died from the flu died due to religious fasting. Fatima, he says, is a hoax kept alive because of the attention it gets and the money it makes. Lucy and her cousins were certainly delusional and the Catholic Church certainly exploited their delusions...

Lúcia was a 93-year-old cloistered Carmelite nun when the third secret was revealed to the world in 2,000. When it was revealed, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger said that she might have conjured her vision from devotional books. According to the UK Sunday-Times, many people in Portugal and beyond were angry because the secret was not a doomsday prophecy, thus making their recent penitence and contributions unnecessary. Some conspiracy mongers think the third prophecy is a forgery, but the vision is so generic and pointless as to make that notion seem absurd even if true.

Excerpted from Skepdic.com

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
11-01-2017, 05:30 PM
I think that Fatima is a pious fraud with no redeeming value whatsoever. The sooner it's dustbinned and forgotten, the better.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post