Contraception for men (exciting stuff)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Thumbs Up Contraception for men (exciting stuff)
http://www.parsemusfoundation.org/vasalgel-home/
this is some exciting stuff just imagine going to the doctor with your future son to give him a Contraception needle a needle that works for 10 years... 10 years thats a long time this needs funding. It will never get any real government support so I've given then $10 not much I know next year I'll give them more
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: Contraception for men (exciting stuff)
Ummmm... why does this just make me squirm slightly in discomfort?

But hey... Yay science!
23-11-2013, 05:17 PM
(23-11-2013 04:01 PM)LostCyborg Wrote:  Ummmm... why does this just make me squirm slightly in discomfort?

Yeah , why ?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
23-11-2013, 05:55 PM
This is definitely cool! Thumbsup

I think when it comes to single folks and dating a woman should be in charge of her birth control to be safe. But this would be great for monogamous couples that don't want kids. No condoms, no birth control with hormones, no surgery, amazing!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
23-11-2013, 06:06 PM
(23-11-2013 05:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  This is definitely cool! Thumbsup

I think when it comes to single folks and dating a woman should be in charge of her birth control to be safe. But this would be great for monogamous couples that don't want kids. No condoms, no birth control with hormones, no surgery, amazing!

This is good for the single guy too, cause he doesn't have to worry as much about getting a woman pregnant, yet he can stay sexually active young and plan to have kids later in life.
23-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah, but a single guy with potentially multiple partners still needs to use condoms to prevent stds. I guess this could be extra backup for cases when one could break?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-11-2013, 06:47 PM
You have to wear a condom for disease reasons, so this would be redundant, I guess non cheating long term couples may get a use out of it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
23-11-2013, 06:51 PM
(23-11-2013 06:40 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah, but a single guy with potentially multiple partners still needs to use condoms to prevent stds. I guess this could be extra backup for cases when one could break?
This is not about std's, it's about exactly the same thing as female contraceptives. Being in charge of your own fertility.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
23-11-2013, 06:55 PM
(23-11-2013 06:51 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 06:40 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yeah, but a single guy with potentially multiple partners still needs to use condoms to prevent stds. I guess this could be extra backup for cases when one could break?
This is not about std's, it's about exactly the same thing as female contraceptives. Being in charge of your own fertility.

Yes I agree, and it's awesome! I was just trying to say I felt it would probably be best marketed to manogamous men, that's all.

Edit: as stated in my post (#4). Maybe ppl didn't see that one?

(23-11-2013 06:47 PM)sporehux Wrote:  You have to wear a condom for disease reasons, so this would be redundant, I guess non cheating long term couples may get a use out of it.

Exactly Thumbsup

23-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Hormonal male contraceptives are noninvasive and even more readily reversed. And since our hormones are far less complicated than females the side effects are almost nonexistent or even positive as long as we're getting sufficient exogenous testosterone.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.