Contraception?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Contraception?
(03-03-2017 05:25 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  It's the parents silly! I figured that out years ago.

Why aren't babies treated as blessings? I suppose with the loss of faith the more cold-hearted our world becomes!

Not cold hearted at all. But if you're going to come in here and troll then please don't forget that members of YOUR religion have raped children and then continues to cover it up. I'm sure the Priests that are guilty of that certainly think that those children are blessings.

Then you chose the name ProudCatholic? Yeah... that's something to be proud of Rolleyes

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2017, 05:41 PM
^ What does the horrible acts of priests and bishops have to do with the Faith itself?

Every single time people attack the Church, the best they can come up with is "Relgiious people behaving badly"
03-03-2017, 05:44 PM
(03-03-2017 05:33 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 05:25 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Why aren't babies treated as blessings?

Because when you're sixteen and want to be a neurosurgeon some day, they tend to put a crimp in your style. Even more so when you're fourteen and living in a third-world country.

Sorry to have to break it to you, but in the vast majority of cases, having a baby does not improve anyone's quality of life - least of all the baby's.

Oh is that so?

https://www.avemariapress.com/dynamicmed...Heaven.jpg

I think it led to a little upgrade for Mary of Nazareth
03-03-2017, 05:46 PM
The age of consent for a girl 2000 years ago was about 12 years old. But let's give her a couple of years and say little Mary was 14 years old. It's considered immoral today to make a little girl have a child, but Christians overlook the immorality of this, shrug their shoulders and find it totally moral for a god to impregnate a little 14 year old Jewish girl. It's sick.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-03-2017, 05:47 PM
(03-03-2017 05:41 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  ^ What does the horrible acts of priests and bishops have to do with the Faith itself?

Every single time people attack the Church, the best they can come up with is "Relgiious people behaving badly"

Every dime you give to the Catholic Church makes you complicit in acts of pedophilia committed, and covered up by them.
You're giving them your seal of approval.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
03-03-2017, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 05:52 PM by RearViewMirror.)
(03-03-2017 05:41 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  ^ What does the horrible acts of priests and bishops have to do with the Faith itself?

Because you said this

V

(03-03-2017 05:25 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  I suppose with the loss of faith the more cold-hearted our world becomes!

I don't have faith in a higher power but your religion, you know, the one you have faith in? Actively tries to conceal the raping of small children that you consider blessings. Just pointing out the irony.

[+] 3 users Like RearViewMirror's post
03-03-2017, 05:50 PM
(03-03-2017 05:44 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  
Quote:Sorry to have to break it to you, but in the vast majority of cases, having a baby does not improve anyone's quality of life - least of all the baby's.

Oh is that so?

Yes.

(03-03-2017 05:44 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  I think it led to a little upgrade for Mary of Nazareth

Even if I were to accept, for the sake of argument, that Mary of Nazareth existed and gave birth to Jesus Christ, you do realize that most babies are not Jesus, yes? In fact, I think we can safely say that almost all babies are not Jesus. All but one, really.

In literally all other cases, having a baby is a big deal that causes substantial changes in one's life. These are not always positive changes, and it is not always possible for a mother to care for a child.

Your attempts to dress up giving birth in pointless platitudes make it seem as though you've never actually been outside. Like, at all.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
03-03-2017, 05:56 PM
(03-03-2017 05:48 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  

Because you said this

V

(03-03-2017 05:25 PM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  I suppose with the loss of faith the more cold-hearted our world becomes!

I don't have faith in a higher power but your religion, you know, the one you have faith in? Actively tries to conceal the raping of small children that you consider blessings. Just pointing out the irony.

Add to that the Mother Teresa shit. What a horrible, horrible women SHE was. She raked in millions of dollars, had tons of donated medical supplies and wouldn't give the dying any kind of pain killers to ease their suffering. Don't get me started on that bitch Mother Teresa and her refusal to allow condoms so keep the AIDS epidemic spreading.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-03-2017, 06:00 PM
PC - Do you have children?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
03-03-2017, 06:02 PM
(03-03-2017 05:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 05:48 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Because you said this

V

Add to that the Mother Teresa shit. What a horrible, horrible women SHE was. She raked in millions of dollars, had tons of donated medical supplies and wouldn't give the dying any kind of pain killers to ease their suffering. Don't get me started on that bitch Mother Teresa and her refusal to allow condoms so keep the AIDS epidemic spreading.

Yep. Catholics are known for keeping the best interests of human health and suffering at the top of the list Rolleyes

Teach against the use of condoms because they believe it's immoral yet allow for millions to die of AIDS? Yes, truly a great religion to belong to.