Contrary to my name...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2015, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 07:06 AM by HappyTiger.)
Contrary to my name...
Contrary to my name, perhaps it's a coping method, I find myself being very angry at religion. Especially when religious pricks claim a moral high ground. I can't help but know that so many of the modern civil unrest and war is religiously driven. I grew up in a moderately religious family where my mother was the driving force. Christianity was never forcefully imposed on me, but it was also never absent from my life. I tried to become a good christian several times in my life, but a little voice called reason kept pulling me away. I am currently in Thailand and I have met many christians so naturally I attempted to "find god" again and finally last week I had an "aha" moment (thanks to Christopher Hitchens). Yes, I finally realized all my self-doubt, ignorance and dismissiveness was rooted in my belief in god, no matter how uncertain it was. Since I have confidently admitted that there is no god the world has become clearer. I even see myself more clever. My life seems more meaningful. The clouds that floats above makes sense and the cosmos's mystery has become more awe-inspiring. I took a risk by openly admitting my disbelief of god because the only people I know here are devout christians. I realize they are probably going to shun me but I couldn't lie to myself any longer. I am happy to be here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like HappyTiger's post
13-07-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Contrary to my name...
Welcome to TTA.

I have been to Thailand many times and have not met one christian.

Although if there is a heaven, I think the angels would say "sawadee ka" on arrival.

Blush

13-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Welcome HappyTiger. Thanks for joining us!

**Crickets** -- God
13-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Welcome Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-07-2015, 10:43 AM
In a moment, Rocket Surgeon will be in to judge your writing style. KIDDING Rocket!!
Laugh out load Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Actually, HappyTiger sounds like just my kinda people. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
13-07-2015, 01:44 PM
welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
13-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Hello! Big Grin
13-07-2015, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2015 08:30 PM by TheGulegon.)
(13-07-2015 11:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Actually, HappyTiger sounds like just my kinda people. :)

I don't know about the happy part, but I like Tigers. We are talking about the tanks, right?
I kid, HappyTiger! :P

Hi, & welcome!! :D

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post