Contrary to my name...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Contrary to my name...

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2015, 02:00 AM
Welcome!

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-07-2015, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 07:26 AM by HappyTiger.)
(13-07-2015 10:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

I have been to Thailand many times and have not met one christian.

Although if there is a heaven, I think the angels would say "sawadee ka" on arrival.

Blush

I am in the NE region of Thailand. There aren't too many farangs here from what I have seen and the farangs that are here are either 40-year old creepers or missionaries. I guess it was god's will for me to be here.

(13-07-2015 10:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  In a moment, Rocket Surgeon will be in to judge your writing style. KIDDING Rocket!!
Laugh out load Hug

The kids were rough yesterday so I helped myself to some Thai whiskey. Which was accompanied by Seth's reading of "Abraham's Excellent Adventure". I tried to "write drunk and edit sober", but the latter never happened. Actually, it almost never happens. ;]

(13-07-2015 08:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 11:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Actually, HappyTiger sounds like just my kinda people. Smile

I don't know about the happy part, but I like Tigers. We are talking about the tanks, right?
I kid, HappyTiger! Tongue

Hi, & welcome!! Big Grin

I actually pictured Tigger on LSD when creating my account but the image of a WW2 German tank shooting smiley faces seems more ludicrous.
[+] 2 users Like HappyTiger's post
14-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Welcome aboard!

I think your anger is shared here by many! But here you can have a positive outlet for that anger at least.
I have only been here a short time myself, but this place has not just reinforced my reasons for non-belief, but added to them as well! Smile

I spent about 6 months travelling around Thailand a few years back, it is a stunningly beautiful country once you get outside the big cities. Drinking beer on the banks of the Mekong whilst watching the sun set over Laos and walking around the stunningly bizarre sculpture park in Mut-Mee were highlights! Big Grin

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
14-07-2015, 10:24 AM
(14-07-2015 09:58 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  Welcome aboard!

I think your anger is shared here by many! But here you can have a positive outlet for that anger at least.
I have only been here a short time myself, but this place has not just reinforced my reasons for non-belief, but added to them as well! Smile

I spent about 6 months travelling around Thailand a few years back, it is a stunningly beautiful country once you get outside the big cities. Drinking beer on the banks of the Mekong whilst watching the sun set over Laos and walking around the stunningly bizarre sculpture park in Mut-Mee were highlights! Big Grin

Luckily, I am in a working class city (Khon Kaen) so no touristy pandemic here. Next week I'll be gong to Vientiane to get my non-B visa for work and I'll be looking forward to the Mekong River. My parents and grandparents had to cross it during the Vietnam War as refugees and it's going to be an emotional experience to witness the natural boundary that claimed so many lives of my people. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your time in Thailand - it really is a beautiful country with an esoteric resonance. It's no wonder so many Westerners backpack through here.

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
14-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Welcome to TTA!
14-07-2015, 01:13 PM
...but you're a real tiger, right?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-07-2015, 07:55 PM
(14-07-2015 01:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...but you're a real tiger, right?

I'm about as real as this:

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
[+] 1 user Likes HappyTiger's post