Contrary to popular belief!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Contrary to popular belief!
This is a thread I made that people can post contradictory theistic stereotypes/beliefs about agnostics, atheists, and other theist religions.
Let me start out:
"Atheists are immoral because they don't believe in eternal punishment/hell."
Contrary to this belief, most atheists are not immoral, and are really good people. They are actually MORE moral* than most theists. Why?
Because, they fear the consequences, and not actually other people's feelings. Anyways, it goes to show that if an atheist is nice, and doesn't fear hell, that s/he's MORE moral* than your average hell fearing theist because s/he DOESN'T need to have the fear of hell/have consequences to be moral*. I know a lot of theists, and they just don't do things that they REALLY want to do because of hell.

*insert quotation marks here.
So, seen any stereotypes?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
24-02-2014, 12:22 AM
RE: Contrary to popular belief!
(24-02-2014 12:11 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  This is a thread I made that people can post contradictory theistic stereotypes/beliefs about agnostics, atheists, and other theist religions.
Let me start out:
Contrary to this belief, most atheists are not immoral, and are really good people. They are actually MORE moral* than most theists. Why?
Because, they fear the consequences, and not actually other people's feelings. Anyways, it goes to show that if an atheist is nice, and doesn't fear hell, that s/he's MORE moral* than your average hell fearing theist because s/he DOESN'T need to have the fear of hell/have consequences to be moral*. I know a lot of theists, and they just don't do things that they REALLY want to do because of hell.

I see arrogance on both sides of this issue.

Truth seeker.
24-02-2014, 12:22 AM
(24-02-2014 12:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:11 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  This is a thread I made that people can post contradictory theistic stereotypes/beliefs about agnostics, atheists, and other theist religions.
Let me start out:

I see arrogance on both sides of this issue.

Thats because you suck.
[+] 1 user Likes donotwant's post
24-02-2014, 12:41 AM
(24-02-2014 12:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I see arrogance on both sides of this issue.

... if you're arguments are sound, arrogance is justifiable. When they aren't, then you're just a damned fool.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
24-02-2014, 12:42 AM
(24-02-2014 12:22 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I see arrogance on both sides of this issue.

Thats because you suck.

You put forth no argument whatsoever! Nice job!

Truth seeker.
24-02-2014, 12:48 AM
(24-02-2014 12:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 12:22 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Thats because you suck.

You put forth no argument whatsoever! Nice job!

You wouldn't listen anyway so why bother Laughat