Controlling the voters; the media's role in politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 07:57 AM
RE: Controlling the voters; the media's role in politics
(20-10-2012 02:55 AM)Diablo Wrote:  See you just proved my point!

Your point is just as equally stupid.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 08:05 AM
(20-10-2012 01:58 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(18-10-2012 11:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  Only American voters? You're quite the idealist... Wink

Is this thread not fixating on American voters

Possibly... just meant to say that, sadly, the media control public opinion just about everywhere, to a greater or lesser degree.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-10-2012, 08:08 AM
(20-10-2012 08:05 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 01:58 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Is this thread not fixating on American voters

Possibly... just meant to say that, sadly, the media control public opinion just about everywhere, to a greater or lesser degree.

Agreed, though it definitely seems that the American people are among the least educated voters in the westernized world. If they were educated, it would not be a battle between Obama and Mitt Romney. Obama would win, hands-down.

And yes, third-party supporters, I did just imply the Green Party is useless.

Poonjab
20-10-2012, 08:17 AM
(20-10-2012 08:08 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 08:05 AM)Vera Wrote:  Possibly... just meant to say that, sadly, the media control public opinion just about everywhere, to a greater or lesser degree.

Agreed, though it definitely seems that the American people are among the least educated voters in the westernized world. If they were educated, it would not be a battle between Obama and Mitt Romney. Obama would win.

I think the size of their country plays an important role - when your country is half a continent big it's quite easy to mistake it for the whole world; to not travel abroad and not follow the world news, at least not as much as we, in our tiny European countries, do...

I was quite surprised that people in Brazil were very much the same - even professional musicians were barely familiar with anything that wasn't Brazilian (or American); the bigger and/or stronger your country is, the more likely it is to forget that there are other (and different) places in this world. And the more you know about the world, the more educated choices you'll be making when you vote (presumably).

20-10-2012, 08:27 AM
(20-10-2012 08:17 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 08:08 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Agreed, though it definitely seems that the American people are among the least educated voters in the westernized world. If they were educated, it would not be a battle between Obama and Mitt Romney. Obama would win.

I think the size of their country plays an important role - when your country is half a continent big it's quite easy to mistake it for the whole world; to not travel abroad and not follow the world news, at least not as much as we, in our tiny European countries, do...

I was quite surprised that people in Brazil were very much the same - even professional musicians were barely familiar with anything that wasn't Brazilian (or American); the bigger and/or stronger your country is, the more likely it is to forget that there are other (and different) places in this world. And the more you know about the world, the more educated choices you'll be making when you vote (presumably).

The majority of American people are already deluded to the point where they rejecting anything remotely European, but if you rename it as an American idea, they will push for it.

Poonjab
20-10-2012, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 03:00 PM by Vera.)
(20-10-2012 08:27 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 08:17 AM)Vera Wrote:  I think the size of their country plays an important role - when your country is half a continent big it's quite easy to mistake it for the whole world; to not travel abroad and not follow the world news, at least not as much as we, in our tiny European countries, do...

The majority of American people are already deluded to the point where they rejecting anything remotely European, but if you rename it as an American idea, they will push for it.

This is where my idea of countries being artificial and potentially harmful creations comes in... though most people find it rather radical and/or naive. I mean, I know why we need them, but to me that's the first step to justifying just about anything... as soon as someone tells me I should care about a group of people more than for the rest of humankind for whatever reason (physical proximity, same skin colour, shared belief in the same imaginary being, what have you), I'm already on the path to justifying murder (under the right - or wrong - circumstances).

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-10-2012, 09:58 AM
(20-10-2012 07:57 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 02:55 AM)Diablo Wrote:  See you just proved my point!

Your point is just as equally stupid.
If you are so opposed to that, then you could name your character, fallacy queen I suppose. Or you could name it dog shit, i dont care, but you should definitely change it as logic is not your strong point.
20-10-2012, 11:10 AM
(20-10-2012 09:58 AM)Diablo Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 07:57 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Your point is just as equally stupid.
If you are so opposed to that, then you could name your character, fallacy queen I suppose. Or you could name it dog shit, i dont care, but you should definitely change it as logic is not your strong point.

Lol, Umadbro? Drinking Beverage You are insulting me for no reason, so perhaps you should name yourself Fallacy Fucktard? I like the ring of that. Yes, change it now.

Poonjab
20-10-2012, 11:57 PM
(20-10-2012 11:10 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 09:58 AM)Diablo Wrote:  If you are so opposed to that, then you could name your character, fallacy queen I suppose. Or you could name it dog shit, i dont care, but you should definitely change it as logic is not your strong point.

Lol, Umadbro? Drinking Beverage You are insulting me for no reason, so perhaps you should name yourself Fallacy Fucktard? I like the ring of that. Yes, change it now.

I am not insulting you. I am stating a fact. You just to extremes in every single post you write up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  US Politics Quiz DLJ 36 450 13-07-2014 10:50 PM
Last Post: Nurse
  Steven Seagal goes into politics? Luminon 0 45 30-06-2014 01:36 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election? earmuffs 69 651 26-06-2014 12:10 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  All Politics are Primal GirlyMan 8 152 06-04-2014 01:06 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
Exclamation How would you explain this? "Media Buries Bombshell Turkey False Flag Attack" PoolBoyG 10 180 03-04-2014 02:08 PM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  When will the GOP stop mixing politics in religion Aleprauchanist 15 237 31-03-2014 10:44 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  The dark side of legalized pot and media hysteria Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 6 259 05-02-2014 11:50 PM
Last Post: toadaly