Controversial Message From the Pope

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 08:07 AM
RE: Controversial Message From the Pope
(21-01-2016 08:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:01 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Fuck off. No. The idea of "summary execution" is barbaric. Even outside the issue of religion, you don't simply arrest someone, haul them off and murder them just because they say horrible things.

I don't care if you are the most vile bigot, unless you have directly advocated for violence or committed an act of violence, nobody has the right to make summery arrest much less execution. That is fucking sick, that is what North Korea does, and Islamic theocracies do. I wont even put up with atheists suggesting that.

We have courts and trials for a reason, so we don't end up with mob rule. NO AND FUCK YOU.

Get a grip. And a sense of humor. :cup:

If you meant that as a joke, you did not make that clear, do a better job of that because text is not as simple to interpret intent.

I still will not put up with even atheists suggesting a forced godless utopia either regardless of my misunderstanding. I don't mind dark humor, but you better make it clear if you decide to use it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2016, 08:13 AM
(21-01-2016 08:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  Get a grip. And a sense of humor. Drinking Beverage

If you meant that as a joke, you did not make that clear, do a better job of that because text is not as simple to interpret intent.

I still will not put up with even atheists suggesting a forced godless utopia either regardless of my misunderstanding. I don't mind dark humor, but you better make it clear if you decide to use it.

Yea Chas, next time you wanna make a low bra joke about executing people, you better spell it out for us.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
21-01-2016, 08:18 AM
(21-01-2016 08:13 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If you meant that as a joke, you did not make that clear, do a better job of that because text is not as simple to interpret intent.

Yea Chas, next time you wanna make a low bra joke about executing people, you better spell it out for us.

(21-01-2016 08:04 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 07:44 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Everything this Pope has said is merely stating already accepted doctrine & concepts.

To think it is otherwise isn't really to say it's the fault of those believing it... afterall they literally have hired a former foxnews spin guy to be their head of press for the Vatican. He's clearly good at the job of marketing the pope as this supposedly new liberal agenda pushing man with open arms and loving hugs.

I'm not sure who you're referring to, Federico Lombardi? Whose been the head of press since Ratzinger, but clearly didn't do him many favors. Nor do I know what the fox news connection is supposed to be here?

S.u.m.m.a.r.y e.x.e.c.u.t.i.o.n
[+] 3 users Like jason_delisle's post
21-01-2016, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 08:35 AM by Chas.)
(21-01-2016 08:13 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:07 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  If you meant that as a joke, you did not make that clear, do a better job of that because text is not as simple to interpret intent.

I don't think I will. Obvious outrageous humor is obvious.

Have you ever read Swift's A Modest Proposal?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
21-01-2016, 08:47 AM
(21-01-2016 07:44 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Everything this Pope has said is merely stating already accepted doctrine & concepts.

To think it is otherwise isn't really to say it's the fault of those believing it... afterall they literally have hired a former foxnews spin guy to be their head of press for the Vatican. He's clearly good at the job of marketing the pope as this supposedly new liberal agenda pushing man with open arms and loving hugs.

I'm not sure who you're referring to, Federico Lombardi? Whose been the head of press since Ratzinger, but clearly didn't do him many favors. Nor do I know what the fox news connection is supposed to be here?

His name is Greg Burke. It's just a notion to the intentional direction of hiring a communication adverse with a history known of being apart of intentionally misleading people for profit. He is known as the guy driving the this persona of Francis.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-01-2016, 08:56 AM
(21-01-2016 08:18 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:13 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yea Chas, next time you wanna make a low bra joke about executing people, you better spell it out for us.

(21-01-2016 08:04 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm not sure who you're referring to, Federico Lombardi? Whose been the head of press since Ratzinger, but clearly didn't do him many favors. Nor do I know what the fox news connection is supposed to be here?

S.u.m.m.a.r.y e.x.e.c.u.t.i.o.n

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
21-01-2016, 09:08 AM
(21-01-2016 07:36 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  ...
No he reiterated a view already accepted by the Second Vatican Council, expressed here in Karl Rahner's idea of an Anonymous Christian:

"Anonymous Christianity means that a person lives in the grace of God and attains salvation outside of explicitly constituted Christianity — Let us say, a Buddhist monk — who, because he follows his conscience, attains salvation and lives in the grace of God; of him I must say that he is an anonymous Christian; if not, I would have to presuppose that there is a genuine path to salvation that really attains that goal, but that simply has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. But I cannot do that. And so, if I hold if everyone depends upon Jesus Christ for salvation, and if at the same time I hold that many live in the world who have not expressly recognized Jesus Christ, then there remains in my opinion nothing else but to take up this postulate of an anonymous Christianity. [4]

According to Rahner, a person could explicitly deny Christianity, but in reality "existentially is committed to those values which for the Christian are concretized in God."[1]" -wikipedia

So he don't know much about Buddhism, does he?

Buddhist monks ain't got no gods.

(21-01-2016 08:01 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 06:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  Which? Prayer? No, that's just magical thinking.

Trying to get along with each other? Yes, that's an obviously good idea.

However, summary execution of fundamentalists of all religions would be more effective.

Fuck off. No. The idea of "summary execution" is barbaric. Even outside the issue of religion, you don't simply arrest someone, haul them off and murder them just because they say horrible things.

I don't care if you are the most vile bigot, unless you have directly advocated for violence or committed an act of violence, nobody has the right to make summery arrest much less execution. That is fucking sick, that is what North Korea does, and Islamic theocracies do. I wont even put up with atheists suggesting that.

We have courts and trials for a reason, so we don't end up with mob rule. NO AND FUCK YOU.

I have to agree with Brian, here.

No way should we be executing fundamentalists of all religions!

There are many and have been many peaceful communes / villages / etc. of Jews, Zoroastrians, Jains and others who practice their religions using their 'fundamentals' harming no one.

For these, sterilisation would be sufficient.

Save the mass executions for the politicised ideologies. That would be the most effective.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
21-01-2016, 09:35 AM
(21-01-2016 06:39 AM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I think the Vatican is also reaching out to atheists also. Pope Francis gave a speech and basically said that non-believers can be saved as long as they follow their conscience.

He can wander around the world dispensing salvation to whomever he pleases. It's meaningless theater mounted so that he can continue managing the Church's main enterprise, raising obscene amounts of money.

I'll pay attention when he starts turning over molesting priests to civil authority. Until then, he's just another asshole in a funny hat.
[+] 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
21-01-2016, 11:36 AM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...s-Dei.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-01-2016, 11:51 AM
(21-01-2016 08:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:13 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yea Chas, next time you wanna make a low bra joke about executing people, you better spell it out for us.

I don't think I will. Obvious outrageous humor is obvious.

Have you ever read Swift's A Modest Proposal?
Heck, I got the joke and that says a lot.
[+] 1 user Likes jason_delisle's post