Conversation In The Womb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Conversation In The Womb
Seriously, you're better than this. It's the 21st century. Come up with something that might be real.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Conversation In The Womb
Like, this isn't even an argument. It's a creative writing assignment.
04-04-2015, 02:01 PM
(04-04-2015 01:59 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Like, this isn't even an argument. It's a creative writing assignment.

I must have missed the 'creative' part. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-04-2015, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 02:49 PM by Reltzik.)
(04-04-2015 01:56 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Someone posted this piece of shit on atheistforums.org a while back.

Tom Lehrer Wrote:Plagiarize! Let no one else's work evade your eyes! Remember why the good Lord made your eyes! So don't shade your eyes, but plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(04-04-2015 01:56 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Theists: Can you actually stop using an argument when we debunk it? How hard is it to think of new material?

Um.... the cosmological argument is 24 centuries old. A key premise of it was debunked by Zeno at about the same time. So no, they can't stop.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
04-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Well, I know that the basic overarching arguments are basically never going to change.

But damn it, this exact version was debunked over at af.
04-04-2015, 05:01 PM
(04-04-2015 04:32 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  Well, I know that the basic overarching arguments are basically never going to change.

But damn it, this exact version was debunked over at af.

Was there actually something to get debunked ? Damned if I can see anything.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-04-2015, 12:58 AM
The foetus 2 in the OP is presented as a universalist. It seems to believe that everyone will be born and loved by Mother despite what they did or did not believe in the womb. Most Christians do not take this perspective. Instead they insist that while Mother loves us she hates our sin, and if we are born into the world with this sin she'll torture us for all eternity in her mercy and her love. Just a few of her children born with sins forgiven can enter into a world of joy and prosperity, but even these lucky few must sing Mother songs of praise and worship for their whole lives. Mother wants it. You wouldn't want Mother to be angry.

Mother presents a world to her foetuses that they can only reasonably conclude is absent of Mother. It is a life full of suffering and injustice. The book that foetus 2 found left behind by previous foetuses tells of Mother's great fury and ignorance and intolerance. If such a mother truly exists is she to be loved or hated? She surely is not worthy of the title Mother if even half of it is true.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
05-04-2015, 08:27 PM
(04-04-2015 10:41 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Baby 1: And you, you believe in life after birth?

Baby 2: Absolutely. It’s obvious that life after birth exists. We are here to become stronger and to get ready for whatever awaits us next.

Baby 1: This is absurd. There is nothing after birth! What would life look like outside the womb!

Baby 2: Well, there are many stories about the other side. I’ve heard there is a blaze of light there, an intense and profound feeling of joy with deep emotions, thousands of things to live for… For example, I’ve heard that we’ll eat with our mouth there.

Baby 1: That’s silly. We have an umbilical cord and that is how we eat. Everyone knows that we don’t use our mouth to eat! And, on top of that, no one has ever come back from the other world. Those stories are all coming from naive people. Life just ends at birth. Period. That’s the way it is and we must accept it.

Baby 2: Alright, then allow me to think differently. That’s for sure, I have no idea what life after birth looks like, and I can’t prove anything to you. But I like to believe that in the next world, we’ll be able to see our mother and that she will take care of us.

Baby 1: “Mother”? You mean that you believe in “Mother”? Oh! So where is she?

Baby 2: Everywhere, don’t you see it! She is everywhere, all around us. We are part of her and it’s thanks to her that we are living right now. Without her, we wouldn’t be here.

Baby 1: This is ridiculous! I’ve never seen any mother so it’s obvious that she doesn’t exist.

Baby 2: I don’t agree. That’s your way of seeing things. Because sometimes when everything quiets down a little bit, we can hear her sing. We can feel her hugging our world! I’m pretty sure that our life will start after birth.

http://steverebus.com/2015/04/03/convers...-the-womb/

I just love how at the very end, your little scenario actually collapses in on itself as it acknowledges the outside noises the babies would hear. They wouldn't be able to feel, but hear a great deal.
Unless you can demonstrate an analogous thing in reality; a sound from which there is no in-universe origin point for instance, this rambling tale you've vomited up is no more than vapid nonsense.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-04-2015, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2015 08:42 PM by WillHopp.)
This piece of shit meme was making the rounds in FB about 18 months ago. Bucky hit it on the head: Fallacy of False Analogy exploded in this "mother's" stomach.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-04-2015, 10:31 PM
I am curious about the worm hole sized vagina that we all must pass through if the analogy is to hold up.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post