Conversation starters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Conversation starters
I was stopped in the street at the weekend by quite an attractive girl who asked about the unicycle I had with me. We chatted for a few minutes and I was thinking she was really keen to get a conversation going, not just interested in unicycling. She seemed nice and I was enjoying the chat. Then she changed the subject and asked, "So, hey, do you know anything about Mormonism? I'm here with the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints," pointing to her black name badge.

I did not see that coming at all.

I hate it when you think you've finally met someone who's interested in you for your body, but it turns out all they really want is the eternal destiny of your soul.

What's the most cunning way that a missionary or evangelist has tried to start a conversation with you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like jonw's post
05-12-2017, 04:52 PM
RE: Conversation starters
Two hot missionaries offered to bring in my groceries and help me move out of my apartment. At least I think they were missionaries Consider Tongue Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
05-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Never really had the issue. I guess the horns and pitchfork keep them at bay.
[+] 2 users Like jonqpublic's post
05-12-2017, 05:10 PM
(05-12-2017 04:46 PM)jonw Wrote:  I was stopped in the street at the weekend by quite an attractive girl who asked about the unicycle I had with me. We chatted for a few minutes and I was thinking she was really keen to get a conversation going, not just interested in unicycling. She seemed nice and I was enjoying the chat. Then she changed the subject and asked, "So, hey, do you know anything about Mormonism? I'm here with the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints," pointing to her black name badge.

I did not see that coming at all.

I hate it when you think you've finally met someone who's interested in you for your body, but it turns out all they really want is the eternal destiny of your soul.

What's the most cunning way that a missionary or evangelist has tried to start a conversation with you?

Sounds like a
[Image: ?format=1500w]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-12-2017, 05:19 PM
I had this girl of about 20 knock on my door selling magazines. And she's giving me this spiel about different magazines and the great deals and then I took a look at the magazine sample she had and it was all about Jesus. I know this wasn't a conversation starter like other examples in this thread because it was a sales pitch but it's the same bait and switch approach theists use all the time.

[Image: Beware-the-300x251.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Docking...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2017, 05:59 PM
She still might be interested. Maybe religion is holding her back.

05-12-2017, 10:05 PM
(05-12-2017 04:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Two hot missionaries offered to bring in my groceries and help me move out of my apartment. At least I think they were missionaries Consider Tongue Laugh out load

I think I've seen that por... uh, movie...

Laugh out load

What's the difference between a cow and religion?

You can't milk a cow for 2000 years...
[+] 3 users Like Gruntsky's post
05-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Two women knocked my door to talk to me about Jesus. One asked if she could come back later with her husband to talk some more.

I said "no, but you're welcome to come back without your husband." Wink

She didn't come back. Laugh out load

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
05-12-2017, 10:15 PM
My fave story was (I think if I remember correctly) was Bart Ehrman's. Two missionaries came to his door and asked "Do you have a minute to talk about Jesus?" His response: "What would you like to know?" Love him!
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post