Conversation starters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Conversation starters
Apart from JW I can't even remember meeting missionaries and said JW were blunt and upfront about what they wanted go peddle. So no good conversation starters for me, but saying that I am atheist was good conversation (conversion?) ending.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2017, 12:23 AM
RE: Conversation starters
I look like such easy prey they never resort to cunning with me.

It might be a coincidence but every time someone has invited me to a discussion about their god I've been dead on my feet from working or running, which gives me that sexy junkie-in-the-grip-of-despair look.
Once an old woman stranger patted me on the back in a comforting manner and passed me a handwritten note saying "there is hope".
Appearing pathetic is not all it's cracked up to be. Tongue

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
06-12-2017, 07:10 AM
A Bulgarian friend of mine moved to the US; missionaries come to the door and ask her if she knows Jesus. Now, we don't really have missionaries in Bulgaria and seeing as you have all sorts of weird names in the US, she politely replies: "Sorry, I just moved in and don't know the neighbours yet".

They left rather cross, as it were Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
06-12-2017, 09:27 AM
(05-12-2017 04:46 PM)jonw Wrote:  What's the most cunning way that a missionary or evangelist has tried to start a conversation with you?

I never have any. I live in the sort of Midwest city where the question wouldn't be "have you accepted Jesus as your lord and savior?", but rather "which church do you attend?". Fuck, I'm an atheist and I still attend a church, so, it's not like they're even wrong. The closest I get is fliers in the mail trying to poach me to go to a different church.