Converting others on Christian forums to Gnostic Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 05:18 AM
Converting others on Christian forums to Gnostic Atheism
I am planning on signing up to some Christian forums to tell them that they are all wrong. Obviously I can't tell them this outright as otherwise they might get a little upset but I am sure that once I point out to them that I am right and they are wrong and there need not be any debate on the subject that they will all convert to Gnostic Atheism. I expect some of them might call me a troll but that will just be a sign that they are losing the argument.

I am wondering about what strategy to employ. I am considering asking ambiguous questions that hint that they might be wrong and then when they ask for more information I ask them to define the terms that I used in my question. This way I can try to convince them that Christianity and Gnostic Atheism are actually very similar and that they're just slightly wrong in their beliefs and that it's just a short, simple step to becoming a Gnostic Atheist instead. I expect to get many converts like this.

I plan to sign up and initially tell them that I am only there to answer any questions that they might have, such as their biggest objection to 'On the origin of species'. Not that I have read it, in fact I am quite scientifically illiterate. This does not bother me though. I KNOW that Gnostic Atheism is true and that there is no god. I know this because I have a personal relationship with a non-existent entity.

It matters little that I did not arrive at this conclusion myself but was taught it from an early age before I had any chance to develop critical thinking skills. All I know is that I KNOW and therefore everyone else should know too.

If I can't make them see sense then I can only assume that they are angry at the Scientific Method and reject it because they have failed in their lives. If they ask for absolute proof that God does not exist then I will ask for absolute proof that he does. This will confound them and I do not expect them to ask a second time for proof of my claim. Failing that I will try to manipulate their own inherent fears, such as how they might be following the wrong branch of Christianity.

I plan on converting lots of Christians and in no way will I be doing this to point and laugh at them in order to make myself feel better about my own lack of agency.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like Mathilda's post
21-05-2014, 05:32 AM
RE: Converting others on Christian forums to Gnostic Atheism
(21-05-2014 05:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I am planning on signing up to some Christian forums to tell them that they are all wrong.

Picking the low hanging fruits, eh? What about them Muslims??

Protip: Don't forget to not tell anyone how you came to have your personal relationship with your non-existent entity in the first place, that would just overly confuse people, they'd probably start thinking you're making shit up or something.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 4 users Like John's post
21-05-2014, 06:04 AM
(21-05-2014 05:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I am planning on signing up to some Christian forums to tell them that they are all wrong. Obviously I can't tell them this outright as otherwise they might get a little upset but I am sure that once I point out to them that I am right and they are wrong and there need not be any debate on the subject that they will all convert to Gnostic Atheism. I expect some of them might call me a troll but that will just be a sign that they are losing the argument.

I am wondering about what strategy to employ. I am considering asking ambiguous questions that hint that they might be wrong and then when they ask for more information I ask them to define the terms that I used in my question. This way I can try to convince them that Christianity and Gnostic Atheism are actually very similar and that they're just slightly wrong in their beliefs and that it's just a short, simple step to becoming a Gnostic Atheist instead. I expect to get many converts like this.

I plan to sign up and initially tell them that I am only there to answer any questions that they might have, such as their biggest objection to 'On the origin of species'. Not that I have read it, in fact I am quite scientifically illiterate. This does not bother me though. I KNOW that Gnostic Atheism is true and that there is no god. I know this because I have a personal relationship with a non-existent entity.

It matters little that I did not arrive at this conclusion myself but was taught it from an early age before I had any chance to develop critical thinking skills. All I know is that I KNOW and therefore everyone else should know too.

If I can't make them see sense then I can only assume that they are angry at the Scientific Method and reject it because they have failed in their lives. If they ask for absolute proof that God does not exist then I will ask for absolute proof that he does. This will confound them and I do not expect them to ask a second time for proof of my claim. Failing that I will try to manipulate their own inherent fears, such as how they might be following the wrong branch of Christianity.

I plan on converting lots of Christians and in no way will I be doing this to point and laugh at them in order to make myself feel better about my own lack of agency.

Worship Slaves

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
21-05-2014, 06:05 AM
(21-05-2014 05:32 AM)John Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I am planning on signing up to some Christian forums to tell them that they are all wrong.

Picking the low hanging fruits, eh? What about them Muslims??

I assume she's avoiding Muslims because she still values her life.

It's the Religion of Peace, but they'll kill you if you say anything bad about it... Consider

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
21-05-2014, 06:18 AM
(21-05-2014 05:32 AM)John Wrote:  Protip: Don't forget to not tell anyone how you came to have your personal relationship with your non-existent entity in the first place, that would just overly confuse people

Good point. Because a personal relationship is a completely subjective experience that provided me with a unswerving belief in a completely objective morality. And every other convert will have a completely different subjective experience and a belief in a completely different objective morality.

First I'll need to convince of them ideas that are easy to accept and then I can move onto the harder stuff that doesn't make sense is more metaphysical.

(21-05-2014 05:32 AM)John Wrote:  ... they'd probably start thinking you're making shit up or something.

Oh they'll only say that when they're struggling to find ways of arguing with me. Possibly when they find that the main crux of my argument is me telling them that I am right and they are wrong.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
21-05-2014, 06:24 AM
I so see what you did there, Matti.

Bowing

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
21-05-2014, 06:27 AM
DON'T FORGET TO USE LOTS OF CAPS! USING CAPS LETS THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE SERIOUS! LIKE, FOR REAL SERIOUS NOT JUST PLAYING.

If blanket assertions that they are wrong don't work, another great tactic is to brow beat them and threaten them with torture by fire. I hear that works real well in converting people.

And remember, if they ask you for evidence, they're just being shifty and re-asserting your own anecdotes in a more forceful manner equates to unassailable logic and evidence.

Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-05-2014, 06:28 AM
You'll just get get banned after you say "Hi" , ya know, they're so good at puting their fingers in their ears and going 'LaLaLaLa.... I cant hear youuuu' .

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
21-05-2014, 06:35 AM
(21-05-2014 05:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I am planning on signing up to some Christian forums to tell them that they are all wrong. Obviously I can't tell them this outright as otherwise they might get a little upset but I am sure that once I point out to them that I am right and they are wrong and there need not be any debate on the subject that they will all convert to Gnostic Atheism. I expect some of them might call me a troll but that will just be a sign that they are losing the argument.

Thus far the TTAF track-rate for non-trolling visits to Christian forms tend to go like this:
1. sign up
2. ???
3. Banned, often for miscellaneous 'offences' which aren't actually rules.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-05-2014, 06:58 AM
don't forget that if they say they 'don't know yet' that it means your ideas are the ones that bridge that gap in their lack of knowledge.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post