Converting others on Christian forums to Gnostic Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 08:40 AM
RE: Converting others on Christian forums to Gnostic Atheism
Don't forget that sometimes they will ban you from their forums, if they are ignorant and don't want to hear it.
Just like how the creators of "A matter of faith" had every video criticizing them DMCA'ed for no reason. (However "The Fantastic Skeptic" got his video back.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2014, 08:44 AM
At first I was like, WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! NO DON'T GO THERE, SOME WILL FOLLOW YOU BACK!

My fears are allayed now.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
21-05-2014, 08:50 AM
(21-05-2014 06:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Thus far the TTAF track-rate for non-trolling visits to Christian forms tend to go like this:
1. sign up
2. ???
3. Banned, often for miscellaneous 'offences' which aren't actually rules.

They're the underpants gnomes of online forums.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
21-05-2014, 08:56 AM
(21-05-2014 06:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  DON'T FORGET TO USE LOTS OF CAPS! USING CAPS LETS THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE SERIOUS! LIKE, FOR REAL SERIOUS NOT JUST PLAYING.

GOOD POINT ITSNOTMEITSYOU. I HAVE SEEN BOLD ALSO WORK WONDERS ALSO IN A LARGER FONT ITS QUITE AMAZING REALLY BECAUSE YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE DIFFERENCE IN UPPER CASE AND LOWER CASE WOULD ALLOW PEOPLE TO MORE EASILY READ WHAT I AM SAYING MY MAIN WORRY WAS THAT I REALLY DONT WANT TO WEAR THEM OUT BEFORE THEY HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO THINK THROUGH MY POINT OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE LESS RECEPTIVE TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TYPING IT AS A BIG WALL OF TEXT WITHOUT ANY PUNCTUATION ALSO HELPS TO GIVE IT THAT BIG IMPACT FACTOR OH DAMN NOW I HAVE JUST REALISED THAT I PUT SOME APOSTROPHES AND FULL STOPS IN THIS PARAGRAPH AND HAVE TO GO BACK AND TAKE THEM OUT OTHERWISE THERES TOO MUCH WHITE SPACE.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
21-05-2014, 09:10 AM
(21-05-2014 08:56 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 06:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  DON'T FORGET TO USE LOTS OF CAPS! USING CAPS LETS THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE SERIOUS! LIKE, FOR REAL SERIOUS NOT JUST PLAYING.

GOOD POINT ITSNOTMEITSYOU. I HAVE SEEN BOLD ALSO WORK WONDERS ALSO IN A LARGER FONT ITS QUITE AMAZING REALLY BECAUSE YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE DIFFERENCE IN UPPER CASE AND LOWER CASE WOULD ALLOW PEOPLE TO MORE EASILY READ WHAT I AM SAYING MY MAIN WORRY WAS THAT I REALLY DONT WANT TO WEAR THEM OUT BEFORE THEY HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO THINK THROUGH MY POINT OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE LESS RECEPTIVE TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY TYPING IT AS A BIG WALL OF TEXT WITHOUT ANY PUNCTUATION ALSO HELPS TO GIVE IT THAT BIG IMPACT FACTOR OH DAMN NOW I HAVE JUST REALISED THAT I PUT SOME APOSTROPHES AND FULL STOPS IN THIS PARAGRAPH AND HAVE TO GO BACK AND TAKE THEM OUT OTHERWISE THERES TOO MUCH WHITE SPACE.

YOUSHOULDUSENOSPACESTOO

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 5 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-05-2014, 09:22 AM
(21-05-2014 05:32 AM)John Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I am planning on signing up to some Christian forums to tell them that they are all wrong.

Picking the low hanging fruits, eh? What about them Muslims??

I've been thinking about this and I think it will be OK.

You see first there was Judaism and then along came Christianity followed later by Islam. The Jews think that Christ was a false prophet. The Christians think that Mohammed was a false prophet and ... OK maybe this isn't what I was wanting to say.

Starting again.

Muslims think Jesus was a prophet and that Islam replaces Christianity. Christians think that Christianity replaces Judaism. Muslims were the most scientifically advanced people in the medieval ages. Christians were responsible for (accidentally) bringing about the enlightenment by encouraging people to read books so they could better understand the Bible. So all I have to do is explain that Gnostic Atheism is their fault.

I am sure they'll accept that.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-05-2014, 09:40 AM
(21-05-2014 09:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:32 AM)John Wrote:  Picking the low hanging fruits, eh? What about them Muslims??

You see first there was Judaism and then along came Christianity followed later by Islam. The Jews think that Christ was a false prophet. The Christians think that Mohammed was a false prophet and ... OK maybe this isn't what I was wanting to say.

Starting again.

Muslims think Jesus was a prophet and that Islam replaces Christianity. Christians think that Christianity replaces Judaism. Muslims were the most scientifically advanced people in the medieval ages. Christians were responsible for (accidentally) bringing about the enlightenment by encouraging people to read books so they could better understand the Bible. So all I have to do is explain that Gnostic Atheism is their fault.

Which Christian forum are you planning on hitting? I was just over at Amazon's Christian forum and there's a bunch of idiots, errrr, people over there. I don't know if they ban outsiders much but I could be wrong. I always like to bring up when the New Testament was written and how it wasn't written by eyewitnesses and they go nuts with that. The subject of God bashing babies is always good plus all the genocide. I'm reading through a great book called Drunk With Blood: Gods Killings In the Bible by Steve Wells. Thumbsup It's a really fun romp through all the genocide, blood and guts, mayhem and body hacking god approves of.

I'm sending encouragement and support your way, although that's kinda wooish isn't it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-05-2014, 09:45 AM
(21-05-2014 09:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 05:32 AM)John Wrote:  Picking the low hanging fruits, eh? What about them Muslims??

Starting again.

Are you sure now that you don't want't to conduct a psychological research program to examine peoples responses to your obviously well informed tounge-in-cheek arguments instead of actually trying to win them over to your camp of uncanny heathens? Consider

I mean, what if they turned out to be resilient, stubborn, dishonest and just plain stoopid instead of embracing your fantabulous non-eschatological parade of good news? That'd be a bummer. Unsure

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 3 users Like John's post
21-05-2014, 09:52 AM
(21-05-2014 09:45 AM)John Wrote:  Are you sure now that you don't want't to conduct a psychological research program to examine peoples responses to your obviously well informed tounge-in-cheek arguments instead of actually trying to win them over to your camp of uncanny heathens? Consider

Oh I'm not sure about that. If I was to do a psychological research program I'd have to start with a testable and falsifiable hypothesis with an objective and reproducible means to gather data without any a-priori assumptions or confirmation bias on my part. I'd then want to collate the data using statistical analysis and present some kind of result or conclusion along with appropriate caveats.

If I didn't do all that then it would just seem like a pathetic excuse for being a crap troll.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-05-2014, 10:04 AM
(21-05-2014 09:52 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Oh I'm not sure about that. If I was to do a psychological research program I'd have to start with a testable and falsifiable hypothesis with an objective and reproducible means to gather data without any a-priori assumptions or confirmation bias on my part. I'd then want to collate the data using statistical analysis and present some kind of result or conclusion along with appropriate caveats.

Well that sounds like an awful lot of work to be bothered with. How about if you just kept affirming that realising the truth is an innate capacity of every human being, and that it's just their own goddamn fault that they willfully deny the truth?

No caveats on that one.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 2 users Like John's post