Converting others on Christian forums to Gnostic Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 10:07 AM
RE: Converting others on Christian forums to Gnostic Atheism
(21-05-2014 10:04 AM)John Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 09:52 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Oh I'm not sure about that. If I was to do a psychological research program I'd have to start with a testable and falsifiable hypothesis with an objective and reproducible means to gather data without any a-priori assumptions or confirmation bias on my part. I'd then want to collate the data using statistical analysis and present some kind of result or conclusion along with appropriate caveats.

Well that sounds like an awful lot of work to be bothered with. How about if you just kept affirming that realising the truth is an innate capacity of every human being, and that it's just their own goddamn fault that they willfully deny the truth?

No caveats on that one.

But don't forget that they can't realize the truth as the truth until they've accepted wholeheartedly that the truth is the truth.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-05-2014, 10:09 AM
(21-05-2014 10:04 AM)John Wrote:  Well that sounds like an awful lot of work to be bothered with. How about if you just kept affirming that realising the truth is an innate capacity of every human being, and that it's just their own goddamn fault that they willfully deny the truth?

No caveats on that one.

Excellent idea! I am sure no one could ever find fault with that!

[Image: hoff.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-05-2014, 10:13 AM
(21-05-2014 10:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  [Image: hoff.jpg]

Wasn't prepared for that one. Weeping

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
21-05-2014, 10:13 AM
(21-05-2014 06:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I so see what you did there, Matti.

Bowing

Obvious pseudotroll is obvious. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2014, 10:16 AM
(21-05-2014 10:07 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  But don't forget that they can't realize the truth as the truth until they've accepted wholeheartedly that the truth is the truth.

I tried that argument in the Logic Programming exam in the first year of my Computer Science degree.

I'm sure it could work in a discussion forum though!
21-05-2014, 10:17 AM
I always get banned.

And there are Muslim forums that dont even let me registere.

I believe those communicate with each other concerning atheists.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
21-05-2014, 10:50 AM
(21-05-2014 10:07 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ....

But don't forget that they can't realize the truth as the truth until they've accepted wholeheartedly that the truth is the truth.

Schoolboy error!

"truth" is not Truth.

"Truth" is Truth.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-05-2014, 12:39 PM
(21-05-2014 05:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I am planning on signing up to some Christian forums to tell them that they are all wrong. Obviously I can't tell them this outright as otherwise they might get a little upset but I am sure that once I point out to them that I am right and they are wrong and there need not be any debate on the subject that they will all convert to Gnostic Atheism. I expect some of them might call me a troll but that will just be a sign that they are losing the argument.

I am wondering about what strategy to employ. I am considering asking ambiguous questions that hint that they might be wrong and then when they ask for more information I ask them to define the terms that I used in my question. This way I can try to convince them that Christianity and Gnostic Atheism are actually very similar and that they're just slightly wrong in their beliefs and that it's just a short, simple step to becoming a Gnostic Atheist instead. I expect to get many converts like this.

I plan to sign up and initially tell them that I am only there to answer any questions that they might have, such as their biggest objection to 'On the origin of species'. Not that I have read it, in fact I am quite scientifically illiterate. This does not bother me though. I KNOW that Gnostic Atheism is true and that there is no god. I know this because I have a personal relationship with a non-existent entity.

It matters little that I did not arrive at this conclusion myself but was taught it from an early age before I had any chance to develop critical thinking skills. All I know is that I KNOW and therefore everyone else should know too.

If I can't make them see sense then I can only assume that they are angry at the Scientific Method and reject it because they have failed in their lives. If they ask for absolute proof that God does not exist then I will ask for absolute proof that he does. This will confound them and I do not expect them to ask a second time for proof of my claim. Failing that I will try to manipulate their own inherent fears, such as how they might be following the wrong branch of Christianity.

I plan on converting lots of Christians and in no way will I be doing this to point and laugh at them in order to make myself feel better about my own lack of agency.

Lol. Excellent!
21-05-2014, 12:42 PM
(21-05-2014 10:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 10:07 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ....

Schoolboy error!

"truth" is not Truth.

"Truth" is Truth.

Thumbsup

Two true. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-05-2014, 12:50 PM
(21-05-2014 06:28 AM)War Horse Wrote:  You'll just get get banned after you say "Hi" , ya know, they're so good at puting their fingers in their ears and going 'LaLaLaLa.... I cant hear youuuu' .

I wonder how a person might do at a Christian forum if he pulled the biblical literalism thing. I'm not just talking about Noah or a talking donkey. How would they perceive a "fellow Christian" that supports infanticide and slavery?
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post