Convicted Felon arrested with pistol & ammo at Movie Theater

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Convicted Felon arrested with pistol & ammo at Movie Theater
Sounds like another mass shooting was averted:

Link: WTAE news

Quote:CENTER TOWNSHIP, Pa. —A convicted felon was arrested over the weekend after he carried a semi-automatic handgun and a box of ammunition into a Center Township movie theater, authorities said.

According to the criminal complaint, officers saw a man walking around the Cinemark Center Township Marketplace lobby wearing long-sleeved Army fatigues with a large backpack in 94-degree weather. After an officer looked at the man, he went to a bathroom.

The man told officers that he was there to watch “The Purge," according to police. "The Purge: Election Year" is the third installment in a series of films about a day on which all crime is legal for a 12-hour period once per year.

The man allowed officers to search his bag, where they found a .25-caliber semiautomatic handgun that was found to be stolen from Ohio and a box of ammunition, according to the complaint.

The man was taken to jail, where he was identified as William Gossett, 21. Police said he first gave them a name of William Glanton and then said he had changed his name from Gossett but it never went through a court system.

Glanton had been convicted of two felonies in Georgia and does not have a license to carry a gun, police said.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Convicted Felon arrested with pistol & ammo at Movie Theater
(25-07-2016 11:10 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Sounds like another mass shooting was averted:

A felon with a 25 auto and a box of shells in his backpack at a movie theater does not imply intent to commit a mass shooting...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
25-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Yeah - he might have been planning to use the gun as a hammer on the peanuts and the bullets were in case there were any hard nuts to crack.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
25-07-2016, 11:20 AM
(25-07-2016 11:15 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 11:10 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Sounds like another mass shooting was averted:

A felon with a 25 auto and a box of shells in his backpack at a movie theater does not imply intent to commit a mass shooting...

And it's a piss-poor weapon of choice....

I know a guy -- aptly named "Tiny" -- a monster of a guy --- who bounced at a bar in Kalamazoo...(Big Daddy's) . Some punk tried shooting Tiny with a 25 auto - put three rounds into him -- and Tiny took the gun away from the guy and nearly beat the guy to death....

The cops almost arrested Tiny - as he was sitting down at the bar having a drink when they showed up -- and the shooter was crumpled up, bleeding all over the floor........

I asked if it hurt.... He said "Fuck yes it fucking hurts -- are you fucking stupid???" ..

Fun guy, Tiny...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-07-2016, 11:21 AM
(25-07-2016 11:15 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  

A box (50+ rounds) and full camo fatigues? In 94 degree weather?

I dunno. Doesn't look good to me.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
25-07-2016, 11:27 AM
I don't generally carry more than 12 rounds when I go to the theater....

6 in the gun, and a flat 6 pack..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
25-07-2016, 12:09 PM
(25-07-2016 11:21 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 11:15 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  A felon with a 25 auto and a box of shells in his backpack at a movie theater does not imply intent to commit a mass shooting...

A box (50+ rounds) and full camo fatigues? In 94 degree weather?

I dunno. Doesn't look good to me.

If he had been planning to shoot the place up I'm thinking he would have had his pocket pistol in his pocket instead of in his large backpack. And a box of loose shells? Do you know how long it would take to reload a magazine before letting off seven more rounds? That's why most people planning mass murders take extra loaded magazines with them when they go. If that was his plan this guy would have been better off with a revolver.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
25-07-2016, 12:26 PM
If this guy has two felony convictions, buys a stolen gun, and then allows police to search him, he's just an idiot. [Edit to Add: unless he did not even a day of time over his prior felony convictions, which is possible... but anyone on the inside knows all-too-well the penalties for felon in possession of a firearm, and would have learned from other inmates never to give permission to search.]

Bad decisions made while hyped up on the stupid movie series. I don't see anything that suggests "mass shooter", here.

Even so, I'm glad this moron isn't free to walk around making bad decisions anymore. Charges for felons in possession of a stolen firearm are pretty severe, and under some federal laws he can be charged for literally every round he was carrying.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Another link

Another news story. Not much more info, but it does have a couple of pictures.

I do agree with what you guys said about the weapon size and such. If he was going to try something he likely wouldn't have gotten too far.

I dunno. Gut tells me he was going to do something stupid. Glad they got him.

25-07-2016, 08:37 PM
In terms of lethality, a .25 is pretty weak. A .22 pistol is a perfect throwaway weapon for gang executions, where the gun is held against the head and all rounds are discharged. Since the guns are so cheap, the perps just leave them behind. The .22 usually uses long rifle cartridges.