Convocations With Believers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2011, 05:52 AM
RE: Convocations With Believers
(19-11-2011 03:29 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  Holy crap both of your posts were hilarious BCollingwood. I don't know what else to say other than it would have been epic to be there.

Thanks Man! I end up in situations like this a lot so there will be more to come. You have any funny convocations with believers?

Please read my Blog
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence"
- David Hume
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BCollingwood's post
19-11-2011, 11:31 AM
(19-11-2011 01:15 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Wrong. You're in MY world now. You've met with a terrible fate haven't you? But don't worry because in my world you're bound to have "fun". Fun for everyone even theists but their "fun" will be of a different breed...

*draws his sword* ... Aight, ... lets do this!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
22-11-2011, 02:12 PM
BC: I'm in New Zealand, so I'm literally the only person who ever brings up religion. No interesting stories here.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
28-11-2011, 12:04 AM
(22-11-2011 02:12 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  BC: I'm in New Zealand, so I'm literally the only person who ever brings up religion. No interesting stories here.

What? No door knockers where you are?
My wife heads me off and is all “No sorry not interested” when they come, cruelly taking my toys away!
She can be so mean!

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
29-11-2011, 05:59 PM
(18-11-2011 01:50 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Awsome.. loved that post. You handled it with perfection.. Hella alot better than I would have. I tend to treat theists like they are a disease... and I hardly ever show any respect towards them when talking with them.

You may treat theists like they area disease. That's your choice. I admire the fact that at least you care enough about your belief to join a website that allows you to freely express it. I'm not sure how old you are, but I can tell you I have met plenty of people who don't care about what they believe. They don't care whether or not Heaven and Hell exist. I disagree with your beliefs, but I rejoice to God that he has given you a mind that cares about what they believe in.

And that moves me to my next point. You might stop reading here, and I believe that God has a plan and the fact that you don't continue reading is in that plan. But I will tell you that God loves you. He sent his one and only son to die for you. I don't believe atheists area disease that needs to be killed, I believe they are a defective organ that needs to be fixed. You have a purpose. You may not agree with it, but I pray to God, the true God, my LORD, that you will question what you believe in and eventually come to the realization that God cared enough for you to send his son to die on the cross. I don't know whether you'll 'convert' after reading this, but I believe that there is some reason God has placed you here reading this, and that 'some reason' is that he loved us. I pray for your eternal destination. I want you to go to heaven, not hell.
30-11-2011, 01:25 PM
(29-11-2011 05:59 PM)HeWillPrevail Wrote:  You may treat theists like they area disease. That's your choice. I admire the fact that at least you care enough about your belief to join a website that allows you to freely express it. I'm not sure how old you are, but I can tell you I have met plenty of people who don't care about what they believe. They don't care whether or not Heaven and Hell exist. I disagree with your beliefs, but I rejoice to God that he has given you a mind that cares about what they believe in.

Well, theists are a disease. It spreads like a cancer. Infecting humanity with death and destruction. Don't feed me that crap about God is love... Take a good hard look at the middle east. What a great example of God's love. Religion will always be a plague to the progress of human evolution. I would rejoice in the education of the masses that purge theism from existance. I don't want theists to die... your brainwashing has taught you that somehow death is the only solution to things.

(29-11-2011 05:59 PM)HeWillPrevail Wrote:  And that moves me to my next point. You might stop reading here, and I believe that God has a plan and the fact that you don't continue reading is in that plan. But I will tell you that God loves you. He sent his one and only son to die for you. I don't believe atheists area disease that needs to be killed, I believe they are a defective organ that needs to be fixed. You have a purpose. You may not agree with it, but I pray to God, the true God, my LORD, that you will question what you believe in and eventually come to the realization that God cared enough for you to send his son to die on the cross. I don't know whether you'll 'convert' after reading this, but I believe that there is some reason God has placed you here reading this, and that 'some reason' is that he loved us. I pray for your eternal destination. I want you to go to heaven, not hell.

Dang man... sorry but your conversion attempt failed. I've heard this all before and have read the entire bible. I have found that your God has gotta be the worst villan in all of fiction. But hey you wanna worship some tyranical, selfish, war mongering and jealous mass murderer then that's your choice.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post