Cook with Kids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Cook with Kids
So as u guys know I'm a huge Harry Potter freak. In my book club there was a big debate sparked as wether Harry was too to over the stove at age eleven. Personally I thought it was fine. I learned to before I could see over the stove using a step stool under the eyes of my granny at the age of four. But what you guys think? When is it appropriate to start teaching a child proper kitchen skills?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: Cook with Kids
As soon as they show interest! Keep it safe to the ability of the age of course, but its always great to encourage a spark!
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 09:20 PM
When cooking with children it is best to marinate them overnight, as opposed to the Atheists normal diet of babies, children tend to be tough without an extended tenderising soak. Next low and slow especially with American or Mexican children as it will let all that fat melt into the meat. Finally remember to season well a good dry rub makes all the difference.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-09-2013, 09:24 PM
(04-09-2013 09:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  When cooking with children it is best to marinate them overnight, as opposed to the Atheists normal diet of babies, children tend to be tough without an extended tenderising soak. Next low and slow especially with American or Mexican children as it will let all that fat melt into the meat. Finally remember to season well a good dry rub makes all the difference.

Ha! You should totally make a Atheist Cookbook.
05-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I honestly have no idea how to cook. AT ALL.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
05-09-2013, 03:47 PM
(04-09-2013 09:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  When cooking with children it is best to marinate them overnight, as opposed to the Atheists normal diet of babies, children tend to be tough without an extended tenderising soak. Next low and slow especially with American or Mexican children as it will let all that fat melt into the meat. Finally remember to season well a good dry rub makes all the difference.

Heretic! Angry
05-09-2013, 03:47 PM
(05-09-2013 03:32 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I honestly have no idea how to cook. AT ALL.

Do you ever plan on living by yourself?

You'll learn.

Or starve, I guess.

Start small. Can you boil water?
Thumbsup

... this is my signature!
05-09-2013, 03:52 PM
(05-09-2013 03:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(05-09-2013 03:32 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I honestly have no idea how to cook. AT ALL.

Do you ever plan on living by yourself?

You'll learn.

Or starve, I guess.

Start small. Can you boil water?
Thumbsup

Sure, 100 degrees Celsius = boil.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
05-09-2013, 03:54 PM
(05-09-2013 03:52 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  Sure, 100 degrees Celsius = boil.

Only at standard pressure Tongue.

... this is my signature!
05-09-2013, 03:55 PM

Cook up some water and make

No really, I can teach you how to cook some easy made food, but I warn you, it's

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post