Cooking Programmes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Cooking Programmes
One thing that really grips my shit is Cooking Programmes. Mainly Master chef or similar cooking competitions.

It was on earlier and one of the contestants was saying how it was such a memorial experience and how he's been on a journey etc... No mate... You cooked some fucking food.

I Cook food twice a day. It aint no journey, it wasn't a memorial experience nor was it life changing in anyway. All I did was cook some fucking food, same as you just did.

Then there was all the bullshit aboit how the contestants have grown throughout the competition... NO all they did was COOK FOOD!

I just made a cup of coffee. It was a hell of a journey and I've grown so much because of the process.

Fuck off.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Cooking Programmes
I hate to cook anyway. Husband watches all sorts of cooking shows...they bore me to tears. And it's not like he is putting to use anything he is learning.

For me, cooking is a fucking chore...I hate it. The journey to the kitchen is torture, as is all the shit leading up to it...shopping, planning, schlepping the crap home, putting it away, cleanup...it's a burden and certainly hasn't changed my life for the better.

The closest it comes to a journey for me is that it feels like a walk down the gangplank.

Undecided

And then I have to do it again...and again...and again...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Yeah I'm not a fan myself.

I've only got a kitchen cos it came with the house.
[+] 3 users Like TheStraightener's post
24-07-2015, 05:51 PM
(24-07-2015 05:50 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Yeah I'm not a fan myself.

I've only got a kitchen cos it came with the house.

I would be good with just a fridge. I understand.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-07-2015, 07:54 PM
I hate cooking too. I only have 4 things I can make that somewhat resemble food. The rest of the week I get take-out.
24-07-2015, 07:57 PM
(24-07-2015 05:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I hate to cook anyway. Husband watches all sorts of cooking shows...they bore me to tears. And it's not like he is putting to use anything he is learning.

For me, cooking is a fucking chore...I hate it. The journey to the kitchen is torture, as is all the shit leading up to it...shopping, planning, schlepping the crap home, putting it away, cleanup...it's a burden and certainly hasn't changed my life for the better.

The closest it comes to a journey for me is that it feels like a walk down the gangplank.

Undecided

And then I have to do it again...and again...and again...

I also loathe cooking. I do it, and I haven't given anyone food poisoning yet, but I feel that I'm bad at it and don't like anything about the process.

But I love cooking competition shows. I don't have a clue why. I would never eat anything that's made on a cooking show--there are lots of foods I don't like, texture issues--but I can't stop watching. Regular/educational cooking shows bore the shit out of me, though.
24-07-2015, 09:51 PM
You just don't know how to use spices and shit.. Smokin

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-07-2015, 10:35 PM
(24-07-2015 09:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You just don't know how to use spices and shit.. Smokin

What am I supposed to do with frozen waffles, clamhead?! You put 'em in the toaster and you cook 'em!