Cool conspiracy theory: Solar Warden

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Cool conspiracy theory: Solar Warden
http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/1659192

Some claim that the US maintains a secret fleet of military craft in orbit around the planet. It's a fun idea.

No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes neurotibotical's post
28-05-2017, 08:20 PM
RE: Cool conspiracy theory: Solar Warden
Neato idea, but until I see evidence, sorry, I have to put it in the same category as garage dragons and gods.
29-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Spacecraft don't sneak worth a damn.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
29-05-2017, 08:08 PM
(29-05-2017 06:13 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Spacecraft don't sneak worth a damn.

You have to launch it with a booster rocket. Your adversaries watch every launch, and where the hardware ends up in orbit.

If there were any of these launched, they'd be the biggest open secret ever. Or is that just what they want you to think? [/sarcasm]

You really can't hide a launch to orbit from anybody, and that's the only ride in town.
29-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Wait, the US supposedly has access to a propulsion system capable of orbital operations on a "space fleet" level, and yet SpaceX is still using Venturi nozzle chemical rockets to loft cargoes into Low Earth Orbit at a rate of (at minimum, with the new version of the Falcon 9) over $5000 per pound that the US continues to pay, while SpaceX continues to work on experimental reusable rockets. Why, then?

Why is the Air Force experimenting with hypersonic airframes, if we can just use our space fleet to blast targets from the top of the gravity well with ease?

Does the originator of this mythology really expect us to believe that the USA has put aside its animus for pretty much every other nation on earth, and would be so interested in keeping the Secret Space Fleet a secret that we wouldn't be using these technologies on our terrestrial enemies?

Sounds like the author of that page has been watching too much Stargate SG1.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
29-05-2017, 09:20 PM
(29-05-2017 08:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wait, the US supposedly has access to a propulsion system capable of orbital operations on a "space fleet" level, and yet SpaceX is still using Venturi nozzle chemical rockets to loft cargoes into Low Earth Orbit at a rate of (at minimum, with the new version of the Falcon 9) over $5000 per pound that the US continues to pay, while SpaceX continues to work on experimental reusable rockets. Why, then?

Why is the Air Force experimenting with hypersonic airframes, if we can just use our space fleet to blast targets from the top of the gravity well with ease?

Does the originator of this mythology really expect us to believe that the USA has put aside its animus for pretty much every other nation on earth, and would be so interested in keeping the Secret Space Fleet a secret that we wouldn't be using these technologies on our terrestrial enemies?

Sounds like the author of that page has been watching too much Stargate SG1.

I'll play devil's advocate here. In the 1970s and 80s, lots of Area 51 UFO watchers reported seeing black triangles flying around. In the 90s, the black triangular billion-dollar stealth bomber was declassified to the public. Some claim that the cigar-shaped craft allegedly observed by Area 51 watchers today are the same craft claimed to have been discovered on US military networks by British hacker Gary McKinnon (or whatever his name is), whom the US attempted and failed to extradite on hacking and espionage charges.

No
29-05-2017, 10:17 PM
None of that has anything to do with the points I raised.

0/10, would not bang.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
29-05-2017, 10:18 PM
(29-05-2017 08:08 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

You have to launch it with a booster rocket. Your adversaries watch every launch, and where the hardware ends up in orbit.

If there were any of these launched, they'd be the biggest open secret ever. Or is that just what they want you to think? [/sarcasm]

You really can't hide a launch to orbit from anybody, and that's the only ride in town.

As problematic as the launches are I was really just considering the impossibility of hiding anything when there is 100% sunlight and 0% cover. Ever watch the ISS go over? Either you make your spaceship shiny and easy to spot or you paint it matte black and it glows in the infrared. Spacecraft are slightly less stealthy than disco balls.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 6 users Like Paleophyte's post
31-05-2017, 06:40 PM
(29-05-2017 10:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  None of that has anything to do with the points I raised.

0/10, would not bang.

Well, I agreed with your post. I was simply playing devil's advocate by responding how a believer might respond.

No
01-06-2017, 01:28 PM
(29-05-2017 08:08 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

You overlook their extraterrestrial allies, who launch from the far side of the moon, using secret antigravity propulsion technology.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post