Cool weapons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2011, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 08:41 AM by Observer.)
Cool weapons
What's the coolest weapon you ever wielded in a game?

IMHO it's the .357 Magnum of Half-Life and Half-Life II
[Image: HL2357.jpg]
It packs serious power, is accurate, has this nice *BOOM* and these (rather unrealistic but) SO COOL reloading sequences and sounds. I can't help but reload after every single shot to watch the eye-candy.

I think... I think I'd want one IRL Blush (witch is a bad idea Confused)

Anyway...
What's yours?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2011, 08:33 AM
RE: Cool weapons
Off the top of my head, I would want to say the BFG from the original Doom

[Image: doombfg.png]

But since I've been having so much fun lately with Bulletstorm... I would say every single weapon from Bulletstorm... specifically the flare gun and railgun.

[Image: 5468565063_6852cd4f2d.jpg]

[Image: bulletstorm-11.jpg]

Bulletstorm Weapons Trailer

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
11-04-2011, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 09:19 AM by LeighJones.)
Mass Effect II has a mini portable 'nuke'

I always liked that spinning blade thingo that xena had.

The Red alert series has the best weapons though imo.
11-04-2011, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 02:22 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
For me, the original N64 Turok Trilogy had a few of the best weapons in FPS,Fusion Cannon & Chronoscepter from Turok, Nuke from Turok 2 and PSG from Turok 3 are among my favorite weapons

As a personal note; I prefer older FPS like Doom, Quake, Unreal, etc., over more recent FPS, as a youtube user said, most modern FPS weapons are just buffed replicas of real weapons and dont add anything interesting to science fiction IMO.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2011, 04:48 AM
Why does this thread exist when there is AK-47 out there in the world and in many games. We all know what is the best weapon ever... Evar in the history of evar...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-04-2011, 05:10 AM
I have to stick to the game I grew up with, halo. The shotgun and pistol in halo 1 are the best hands down, you don't need rocket launchers or chainguns when you have a shotgun that can take down aircraft, destroy tanks, kill enemies from ridiculous ranges and has an awesome reload... the pistol is just in case Tongue

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
12-04-2011, 09:37 PM
<Enters topic>

Anyone who does not immediately say the zero-point energy manipulator (gravity gun) from Half-Life 2 is wrong.

<Reads through topic>

You are all wrong!

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one
13-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Mass Effect 2's M-490 Blackstorm Singularity Projector. I freaking love that gun.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
13-04-2011, 03:57 PM
I haven't bought bulletstorm yet, but judging from the trailers I think I will have to change my mind once I've played that. For now I will have to say the prism tank from RA2. You can have all the ak-47s you want and it will do you no good at all once I tankroll your base! Big Grin

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
13-04-2011, 06:00 PM
(13-04-2011 03:57 PM)Norseman Wrote:  I haven't bought bulletstorm yet, but judging from the trailers I think I will have to change my mind once I've played that. For now I will have to say the prism tank from RA2. You can have all the ak-47s you want and it will do you no good at all once I tankroll your base! Big Grin

Your tank is shit compared to the M90 shotgun.
"The racking of a pump action shotgun is the universal sound for 'you're going to die'."

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"