Cop Threatens to Feed Mentally Ill Man to Alligators

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Cop Threatens to Feed Mentally Ill Man to Alligators
Oh - sorry, I only watched the video - I see the article now where it addresses his suspension. It actually says "several" months. Wow...

In Dubinski's 22-year career, he has been disciplined eight times and investigated 20, including an officer-involved shooting in Dania Beach back in 2006. But it was the threats to Jesse Merchant that got him suspended.

Still, like I said, the guy's a complete asshole but I also have to wonder about the system that keeps putting up with his shit. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
21-02-2013, 08:18 PM
There's a lot more information in the link I provided above the video. The man he victimized was allegedly acting erratically, whatever that means. Perhaps he was carrying on a conversation with himself while walking down the street? He could have been drunk also. But so what. He had no victim and he committed no crime. It doesn't matter if he had just been released from jail, he wasn't harming anyone and from what I read (which isn't a lot) he wasn't endangering anyone.

And you're correct, the cop might not be a sociopath. Or, the average assholes you speak of might all be. In my opinion, the behavior the cop displayed and the rap sheet he drags behind himself are very telling of sociopathy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
21-02-2013, 08:26 PM
"Still, like I said, the guy's a complete asshole but I also have to
wonder about the system that keeps putting up with his shit. [Image: shy.gif]"

And people wonder why I'm an anarchist. Shocking
21-02-2013, 09:05 PM
(21-02-2013 08:26 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  And people wonder why I'm an anarchist. Shocking

I hear ya, man. Shy Not exactly fond of the state, myself.

- off topic -
Hey, there's an annual Anarchist 3 day get together near me, in Lawrence KS.
I keep wanting to go but I never seem to catch wind of it until it's either past or I have commitments. People have said it's pretty cool. Just curious if you'd ever heard of it?

Lawrence also hosts an annual ReasonFest weekend every Spring. I have managed to attend that quite a few times. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
21-02-2013, 10:14 PM
No, I haven't heard of that group. I looked at it and found out why.... that's a group of anarcho-syndicalists/anarcho-communists. I'm an anarcho-capitalist.

If you're not aware of the differences, it's primarily that syndicalists and communists deny property rights. Which, when you think about it from a logical standpoint, one can not arrange a society with no rulers and then deny people the right to voluntarily interact.... in any way they see fit. The argument is that in a free society there would somehow be no need to work. Apparently, machines will just build everything you want and you can just sit at home, smoke pot and play WOW. Although, without the right to own property, I can't figure out how they'll be able to tell who's house is who's, who's pot is who's and who's computer is who's.......

With that said, I would love to see a time when anarcho-syndicalists are able to try their experiment, because that will mean there is no state and so logical people will also be able to pursue happiness in the absence of violent coercion. Well, that is, after they figure out how to buy property to live on and not own it at the same time. Big Grin

I'd like to attend a Reason Fest and, would also entertain a visit to the anarchist meet you mentioned.
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
22-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Given how many complaints that officer has had previously it makes you wonder how he can keep his job.

In the UK we had a police officer called Simon Harwood who had a turbulent employment history within the police force. He should of lost his job a long time before but instead in 2009 he pushed Ian Tomlinson, who was walking away from him with his hands in his pockets and wasnt even involved in the G20 protest. Ian Tomlinson got up and walked away but then collapsed and died.

No wonder people hate the police, the media never seem to show the good that they do everyday, just the bad.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-02-2013, 10:06 AM
(21-02-2013 08:17 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh - sorry, I only watched the video - I see the article now where it addresses his suspension. It actually says "several" months. Wow...

In Dubinski's 22-year career, he has been disciplined eight times and investigated 20, including an officer-involved shooting in Dania Beach back in 2006. But it was the threats to Jesse Merchant that got him suspended.

Still, like I said, the guy's a complete asshole but I also have to wonder about the system that keeps putting up with his shit. Shy
The system we got is the system that the citizen's tolerate - they tacitly endorse it. So...this makes me wonder about our fellow citizens.