Cop who strangled person to death for cigarettes not indicted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2014, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 01:08 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Cop who strangled person to death for cigarettes not indicted
(03-12-2014 09:47 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Mmm, no. The blood spatter shows Brown was moving towards Wilson.

How so? Blood splatter was somehow timestamped? Is 19 or 20 of the WaPo graphic the location of Brown's body or was it somewhere else?

(03-12-2014 09:47 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  And he was not hit in the back by a bullet, so unless you want to say he was running backwards ...

Doesn't have to be running backwards, could've just been backing up as a natural reaction to a cop in his face. I know that's what I did. The next directive I was given was to put my hands behind my head and kneel on the ground. If cop had shot me while I was complying with that lawful order the trajectory of the fatal shot to the top of my head would've been consistent with the Ferguson physical evidence.

Ferguson is no longer worth debating. Any number of plausible interpretations can be applied to the physical evidence and we'll never know what really happened.

But the video of the NYC Staten Island incident appears incontrovertible. And yet it didn't pass the low bar test of probable cause? The prosecutors should lose their fucking jobs.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-12-2014, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 11:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-12-2014 09:52 PM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Also, it's pretty damn hard to accurately fire a gun at a target more than a few yards, much less so if you're panicked, but his accuracy is not really relevant.

There are marksmen here who are scoffing at you right now.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
03-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Can't even

Wtf is wrong with the grand jury(s????

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
03-12-2014, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014 11:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-12-2014 11:18 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Can't even

They are essentially puppets of the prosecutor and will go the way the prosecutor leads them like 99% of the time.

03-12-2014, 11:55 PM
(03-12-2014 11:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

They are essentially puppets of the prosecutor and will go the way the prosecutor leads them like 99% of the time.

Holy FUCK! Thats so wrong! So wrong.
Id be more pissed but my mind wont wrap around this enough to engage.
no ....thats wrong.

I am pissed.
Pissed and embarrassed to be white .

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
04-12-2014, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 11:38 AM by Deidre32.)
I heard on the news driving to work, one of the radio hosts discussing this and he made some interesting points. He said the guy that shot Ronald Reagan wasn't shot by police, Timoth McVey wasn't shot by police, the guy who shot up a movie theater wasn't gunned down by police and there are many more scenarios like it. What do all those men have in common? They are all white.

But a black guy who was selling loose cigarettes, illegally? He's choked to death by a cop?

Are there good police officers? Yes. But, are the majority of the fatal assaults against black males, by white cops? Yes. Look it up, if you disbelieve me.

And the 12 yr old boy that was shot recently in Ohio was also black. And instead of being outraged as a society, we use it as a teachable moment to tell kids 'don't play with toy guns that look real.'

Fucking unreal. I want to move to another planet...someone build me a spaceship.

Be true to yourself. Heart
04-12-2014, 11:38 AM
(03-12-2014 11:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

There's a reason every other country on Earth has abolished the damn things.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
04-12-2014, 11:41 AM
That cop should be charged with manslaughter. Did the grand jury see the video? If they did, how the fuck could they conclude that no indictment was warranted???
04-12-2014, 11:50 AM
(03-12-2014 11:55 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 11:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They are essentially puppets of the prosecutor and will go the way the prosecutor leads them like 99% of the time.

Holy FUCK! Thats so wrong! So wrong.
Id be more pissed but my mind wont wrap around this enough to engage.
no ....thats wrong.

I am pissed.
Pissed and embarrassed to be white .

Your skin tone is nothing to be proud of or embarrassed by. Our embarrassed feelings are because our species is capable of empathy and we cannot understand why shit like this continues.

Trace our species DNA back far enough, we are all related.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
07-12-2014, 01:37 AM
(04-12-2014 11:35 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I heard on the news driving to work, one of the radio hosts discussing this and he made some interesting points. He said the guy that shot Ronald Reagan wasn't shot by police, Timoth McVey wasn't shot by police, the guy who shot up a movie theater wasn't gunned down by police and there are many more scenarios like it. What do all those men have in common? They are all white.

But a black guy who was selling loose cigarettes, illegally? He's choked to death by a cop?

Are there good police officers? Yes. But, are the majority of the fatal assaults against black males, by white cops? Yes. Look it up, if you disbelieve me.

And the 12 yr old boy that was shot recently in Ohio was also black. And instead of being outraged as a society, we use it as a teachable moment to tell kids 'don't play with toy guns that look real.'

Fucking unreal. I want to move to another planet...someone build me a spaceship.

In September 2012 white teen Gilbert Collar was shot and killed by black officer Trevis Austin in 'Self defense" because Collar was under the influence of drugs, though Collar never even touched the officer and was naked because of the drugs so could not have carried a weapon. Why hasn't this gained media attention? Why hasn't there been protests over this? Why haven't i even heard about this till recently? Nothing...

December 4 2014 a Black Arizona man was shot and killed by a white police officer for running, refusing the cops many orders, verbally challenging the officer and repeatedly reaching for his waistband and pockets and fighting with the officer and the officer fearing for his life shot the man. They later found drugs and a gun in his SUV he was in. This sparked protests because people though the shooting was not justified.

Ya see the difference? Its not because black on white doesn't happen, its because they only show you what makes for better news and when they do protest they burn up peoples stores, peoples source of income to feed their families, they set cop cars on fire, when they they don't even care about the health or well being of others. It's dumb, they make it about race.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post