Cops Find 3,500 Knives, Swords And Blades In Florida house

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2015 08:07 AM by yakherder.)
RE: Cops Find 3,500 Knives, Swords And Blades In Florida house
(19-09-2015 06:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is what she did even illegal? (collecting knives and stuff, obviously attacking an officer was illegal)
I mean collect things all the time, it's only a matter of time before someone goes a little overboard with collecting knives.

I mean sure she has mental health issues but I feel like this monster portraying is a little uncalled for.
It's not her fault she was born with a mental disability into a society that is poorly equipped to cope with such things.

She was obviously very protective of her home, not wanting anyone to go inside and all. It should have been obvious to the police that she had a mental disability and they probably could have handled it better than just pushing past her and forcing their way into her home. It's no wonder she attacked them.

Having several thousand knives is not in and of itself illegal. Being somewhat nuts myself, my first thought when I saw the title was "so?". Then I read the rest of the article, and it suddenly made sense why people were freaking out.

As far as how we should treat criminals with mental disabilities, I'll leave that to the system and the voters who decide how much funding to provide to it. Even with all the mistakes cops are accused of making lately, the standards for being hired by law enforcement are high enough that there are already critical shortages in many places. There's only so much someone can be trained for and expected to do under pressure, and the first priority has to be to remove the threat. If someone is a danger to me I don't really care whose fault it is or isn't that they became a threat, I'm gonna do what I have to do to protect myself with the resources available to me, and if I don't happen to have a master's degree in special needs and that person is swinging a machete at me, I'm taking them down. Nothing personal.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
19-09-2015, 08:31 AM
Yeah - think I'd shoot first, diagnose later.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-09-2015, 08:33 AM
(19-09-2015 08:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah - think I'd shoot first, diagnose later.....

My first thought - paperwork. That would keep my finger from the trigger.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2015, 08:54 AM
(19-09-2015 08:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah - think I'd shoot first, diagnose later.....

Good thing you're not a cop. We already have too many thugs with badges.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Maybe she was fixin' on opening a Halloween pop up store. Knives-R-Us!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-09-2015, 10:41 AM
(19-09-2015 08:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Good thing you're not a cop. We already have too many thugs with badges.

I've carried a gun every day for the last 14 years -- longer than most cops do.

Never used it in anger.

You're a predictable twat.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-09-2015, 07:52 PM
(19-09-2015 06:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... It's not her fault she was born with a mental disability into a society that is poorly equipped to cope with such things ...

In the U.S. whatever we don't understand we consign to the criminal justice system. It's no wonder our prisons house a greater proportion of our population than anywhere else.

I'll have to nose around google for awhile and see if there are any studies that have measured the relative fearfulness of U.S. culture compared to others - we are one jumpy, cowardly, scared of our own shadow crowd.
20-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Shoot with a gun or a taser?

Looks like the cops used taser and beanbag gun. Seems like a decent call to this guy in the peanut gallery.

She'll probably get to plead insanity.
20-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Lol fucking Florida. Not a surprise.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
20-09-2015, 10:47 PM
(19-09-2015 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(19-09-2015 06:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is what she did even illegal? (collecting knives and stuff, obviously attacking an officer was illegal)
I mean collect things all the time, it's only a matter of time before someone goes a little overboard with collecting knives.

I mean sure she has mental health issues but I feel like this monster portraying is a little uncalled for.
It's not her fault she was born with a mental disability into a society that is poorly equipped to cope with such things.

She was obviously very protective of her home, not wanting anyone to go inside and all. It should have been obvious to the police that she had a mental disability and they probably could have handled it better than just pushing past her and forcing their way into her home. It's no wonder she attacked them.

Having several thousand knives is not in and of itself illegal. Being somewhat nuts myself, my first thought when I saw the title was "so?". Then I read the rest of the article, and it suddenly made sense why people were freaking out.

As far as how we should treat criminals with mental disabilities, I'll leave that to the system and the voters who decide how much funding to provide to it. Even with all the mistakes cops are accused of making lately, the standards for being hired by law enforcement are high enough that there are already critical shortages in many places. There's only so much someone can be trained for and expected to do under pressure, and the first priority has to be to remove the threat. If someone is a danger to me I don't really care whose fault it is or isn't that they became a threat, I'm gonna do what I have to do to protect myself with the resources available to me, and if I don't happen to have a master's degree in special needs and that person is swinging a machete at me, I'm taking them down. Nothing personal.

But swords? Do you recall the young soldier in England being macheted to death by those two Islamic freaks?

She's obviously dangerous, banging on her windows and screaming at night??? She should be in an asylum. Hopefully she'll get some help.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.