Cops Find 3,500 Knives, Swords And Blades In Florida house

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 10:52 PM
RE: Cops Find 3,500 Knives, Swords And Blades In Florida house
(19-09-2015 03:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  I should make an edgy comment or a cutting remark here, but that would be pointless. Drinking Beverage

Some of us would appreciate it to the hilt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
20-09-2015, 11:24 PM
(20-09-2015 10:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(19-09-2015 07:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Having several thousand knives is not in and of itself illegal. Being somewhat nuts myself, my first thought when I saw the title was "so?". Then I read the rest of the article, and it suddenly made sense why people were freaking out.

As far as how we should treat criminals with mental disabilities, I'll leave that to the system and the voters who decide how much funding to provide to it. Even with all the mistakes cops are accused of making lately, the standards for being hired by law enforcement are high enough that there are already critical shortages in many places. There's only so much someone can be trained for and expected to do under pressure, and the first priority has to be to remove the threat. If someone is a danger to me I don't really care whose fault it is or isn't that they became a threat, I'm gonna do what I have to do to protect myself with the resources available to me, and if I don't happen to have a master's degree in special needs and that person is swinging a machete at me, I'm taking them down. Nothing personal.

But swords? Do you recall the young soldier in England being macheted to death by those two Islamic freaks?

She's obviously dangerous, banging on her windows and screaming at night??? She should be in an asylum. Hopefully she'll get some help.

I do recall that. Nonetheless, it's actions that concern me, such as the banging and yelling, not possession of weapons in and of itself. Remember, you're talking to a guy that has over 60k rounds of ammunition stockpiled. This crazy lady has nothing on me in terms of the ability to dispense violence should the need arise, so of course it wouldn't make sense for me to draw conclusions on even thousands of weapons without some context to go with it. The primary difference in this situation is intent.

And I'm all for hoping that she gets help now that the situation is concluded and there is no immediate threat. My time in corrections in Canada did not give me hope in the government's (any gov't, not just Canada and/or America) ability to help similarly dangerous people. I spent way more time than I should have face to face with people who were completely out of their minds but who, for whatever reason, managed to skip through the cracks. The sheer amount of resources needed to care for them was astronomical. Regardless of what kind of great, well researched ideas are available, convincing the voters to allow the budget for it is the real challenge.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
20-09-2015, 11:29 PM
(20-09-2015 11:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 10:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  But swords? Do you recall the young soldier in England being macheted to death by those two Islamic freaks?

She's obviously dangerous, banging on her windows and screaming at night??? She should be in an asylum. Hopefully she'll get some help.

I do recall that. Nonetheless, it's actions that concern me, such as the banging and yelling, not possession of weapons in and of itself. Remember, you're talking to a guy that has over 60k rounds of ammunition stockpiled. This crazy lady has nothing on me in terms of the ability to dispense violence should the need arise, so of course it wouldn't make sense for me to draw conclusions on even thousands of weapons without some context to go with it. The primary difference in this situation is intent.

And I'm all for hoping that she gets help now that the situation is concluded and there is no immediate threat. My time in corrections in Canada did not give me hope in the government's (any gov't, not just Canada and/or America) ability to help similarly dangerous people. I spent way more time than I should have face to face with people who were completely out of their minds but who, for whatever reason, managed to skip through the cracks. The sheer amount of resources needed to care for them was astronomical. Regardless of what kind of great, well researched ideas are available, convincing the voters to allow the budget for it is the real challenge.

Yeah but I've not seen your photo.

You may wear a mask and creep around at all hours..... Consider

Shocking

Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-09-2015, 11:51 PM
(18-09-2015 07:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  What a waste. All that space could have been used for guns.

let me put it this way, you can run out of bullets, but i can't run out of stab.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-09-2015, 11:54 PM
(20-09-2015 11:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(18-09-2015 07:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  What a waste. All that space could have been used for guns.

let me put it this way, you can run out of bullets, but i can't run out of stab.

You can, however, run out of pulse, about ten yards away.

Numbers ain't everything.
21-09-2015, 12:02 AM
(20-09-2015 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 11:51 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  let me put it this way, you can run out of bullets, but i can't run out of stab.

You can, however, run out of pulse, about ten yards away.

what do with a knife fights ten yards. but against a surprise ambush, i choose sword or knife.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-09-2015, 12:09 AM
When I was about 16, a mate Simon and I who were martial arts crazy, thought it'd be inspiring to take a huge collection of Chinese martial arts weapons, long handled broadsword, double swords tasseled spear etc etc on the bus and then tram to the Shrine of remembrance war memorial in Melbourne. So we arrived after getting many funny looks from others on the bus and tram.

We're swinging them around our bodies and going through all the techniques we'd learned and ripped off from Kung Fu movies when we hear "Excuse me, boys. What are you doing there?" It was an Australian soldier armed with a rifle looking down at us in shock. He moved us further along.

Wasn't quite so inspiring after that!

I actually possess some old photos of that day. But none taken at the war memorial. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-09-2015, 01:31 AM
(21-09-2015 12:09 AM)Banjo Wrote:  When I was about 16, a mate Simon and I who were martial arts crazy, thought it'd be inspiring to take a huge collection of Chinese martial arts weapons, long handled broadsword, double swords tasseled spear etc etc on the bus and then tram to the Shrine of remembrance war memorial in Melbourne. So we arrived after getting many funny looks from others on the bus and tram.

We're swinging them around our bodies and going through all the techniques we'd learned and ripped off from Kung Fu movies when we hear "Excuse me, boys. What are you doing there?" It was an Australian soldier armed with a rifle looking down at us in shock. He moved us further along.

Wasn't quite so inspiring after that!

I actually possess some old photos of that day. But none taken at the war memorial. Sad

well a smart hawk hides his talonsBig Grin

21-09-2015, 05:19 AM
(20-09-2015 11:29 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 11:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I do recall that. Nonetheless, it's actions that concern me, such as the banging and yelling, not possession of weapons in and of itself. Remember, you're talking to a guy that has over 60k rounds of ammunition stockpiled. This crazy lady has nothing on me in terms of the ability to dispense violence should the need arise, so of course it wouldn't make sense for me to draw conclusions on even thousands of weapons without some context to go with it. The primary difference in this situation is intent.

Yeah but I've not seen your photo.

You may wear a mask and creep around at all hours..... Consider

Shocking

Tongue

I'm wearing a mask in my profile picture, and in modern engagements, against technologically inferior enemies that don't provide night optics to all of its forces, yes we generally prefer to creep around at night Tongue

'Murican Canadian
21-09-2015, 06:25 AM
(21-09-2015 12:02 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-09-2015 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You can, however, run out of pulse, about ten yards away.

what do with a knife fights ten yards. but against a surprise ambush, i choose sword or knife.

Anime is cool to watch, but not real Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post