Cops Find 3,500 Knives, Swords And Blades In Florida house

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 06:32 AM
RE: Cops Find 3,500 Knives, Swords And Blades In Florida house
The ONLY reason to choose a knife over a gun --

You don't have a gun.

"Bushido is all very well in its way, but it is no match for a 30-06." -- Col Jeff Cooper

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-09-2015, 07:20 AM
(21-09-2015 06:25 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 12:02 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  what do with a knife fights ten yards. but against a surprise ambush, i choose sword or knife.

Anime is cool to watch, but not real Tongue

yes, but i don't watch anime.

this video describes why i don't use a gun. i know the many factors a good gun owner would have. better holster, and the training they have. but if someone is going to stab me they would be in grabbing distance. That and if i did hit the guy, adrenaline is hellish.

i ain't saying guns are bad self defense, for many it works. but for me, having a gun is worst than learning martial arts,as my reflexes and cqb would safer from a knife ambush than a gun.

point, a gun will never work for me, but doesn't mean it will not work for anyone else.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-09-2015, 07:53 AM
(21-09-2015 07:20 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 06:25 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Anime is cool to watch, but not real Tongue

yes, but i don't watch anime.

this video describes why i don't use a gun. i know the many factors a good gun owner would have. better holster, and the training they have. but if someone is going to stab me they would be in grabbing distance. That and if i did hit the guy, adrenaline is hellish.

i ain't saying guns are bad self defense, for many it works. but for me, having a gun is worst than learning martial arts,as my reflexes and cqb would safer from a knife ambush than a gun.

point, a gun will never work for me, but doesn't mean it will not work for anyone else.

From the fırst 30 seconds ıt's already flawed in the fact that it assumes the guy with the gun is a complete moron. For one, he''s carryıng wıthout a round ın the chamber. The only people I know who do that are cash transit guards in some companies whose employers irrationally require them to do so. The second thing he's doing is not moving and there are absolutely no obstacles, which is unlikely to be the case in an actual encounter. People in the business of expecting ambushes do not generally stand around in the middle of open fields waiting to be killed.

That said, I'm not denying the potential use of a blade as a backup weapon. If someone were to reach me, I've got a small blade on my offhand side ideal for puncturing organs and severing tendons. I've almost never not got it on me. I sure as hell don't have a sword on me, though, and that guy would probably not be running as fast if he did. I carry a bush machete strapped to my rucksack, and if I were carrying it and saw signs of an impending confrontation, the first thing I'd do would be to pull the quick release strap to free myself of the burden.

Carry what you want. Setting up ambushes is one of my primary roles as a scout. I'll trust my own training and experience over an unrealistic scenario put together to impress people sitting on a couch.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
21-09-2015, 09:14 AM
(21-09-2015 06:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The ONLY reason to choose a knife over a gun --

You don't have a gun.

Other reasons:

You're out of bullets.
You're worried about the sound of a gunshot alerting sentries.
You want to do some cooking. (Mike Huckabee, take note.)
You're the goddamn MacGyver.
You're a surgeon.
The gun in question has a 3 foot barrel and your opponent is within 2 feet of you.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
21-09-2015, 09:24 AM
(21-09-2015 09:14 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 06:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The ONLY reason to choose a knife over a gun --

You don't have a gun.

Other reasons:

You're out of bullets.
You want to do some cooking. (Mike Huckabee, take note.)
You're a surgeon.
The gun in question has a 3 foot barrel and your opponent is within 2 feet of you.

And body checks Tongue

You quickly clear a room and everyone is down, but you don't want to take the risk of someone who is either playing dead or unconscious popping up when your back is turned and you don't feel like wasting ammo, so you go to each body and poke something they can't live without just to be sure.

'Murican Canadian
21-09-2015, 10:08 AM

You don't have a gun.

Other reasons:

You're out of bullets.
You want to do some cooking. (Mike Huckabee Ted Cruz, take note.)
You're a surgeon.

EDIT: Got my Republican nominee candidates mixed up. You'd think that a bunch of right wing Christian homophobes would be easier to keep straight.

REAL EDIT: Who the hell thought that putting the edit button right next to the reply button was a good idea?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
21-09-2015, 10:09 AM

You don't have a gun.

Other reasons:

You're out of bullets. --------Get more

You're worried about the sound of a gunshot alerting sentries.----- Get a silencer

You want to do some cooking. (Mike Huckabee, take note.) -----Take headshots

You're the goddamn MacGyver.--------- MacGyver wasn't MacGyver

You're a surgeon. --- All the better to use your gun - surgeons are fanatical about taking care of their hands.

If you've got a gun with a three foot barrel - upgrade from the antique. Only muzzleloaders and converted muzzleloaders have a barrel that long.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.